THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Point Tournament List

Go down 
+2
Nariaklizhar
PowerFromPain71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

1500 Point Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Point Tournament List   1500 Point Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24 2015, 23:46

Hey everyone, I have a 1500 point tournament coming up and I thought I'd post my list. Let me know if there are any tweaks or changes you would recommend. The meta is quite Space Marine, Chaos Marine, and Eldar heavy.

Archon- huskblade, web way portal, and shadowfield
3 Grotesques
5 Kabalite Warriors with a blaster in a venom with dual splinter cannons
5 Kabalite Warriors with a blaster in a venom with dual splinter cannons
10 Kabalite Warriors with blaster and splinter cannon in a Raider with dark lance, night shields, and splinter racks
10 Kabalite Warriors with blaster and splinter cannon in a Raider with dark lance, night shields, and splinter racks
5 Scourges with 4 haywire blasters
Razorwing Jetfighter with 2 dark lances, splinter cannon, and night shields
Razorwing Jetfighter with 2 dark lances, splinter cannon, and night shields
Ravager with 3 dark lances and night shields

The Archon and Grotesques will deep strike together. I've never tried this tactic before and debated between the second RWJ and a Raider for the unit. If I switched it up, then I would have some extra points left over. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Point Tournament List   1500 Point Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 00:19

Hmm, I like the list. The only thing I would do is consider taking another 3dl ravager. To do this you would have to make some cuts. I havnt done the math, but if you drop the archon and take a Succubus instead with glaive and wwp, that would save you some points. To save more points, drop the night shields all the way around, and drop the splinter cannons in the raiders. The list looks good. I just like to have more range anti tank first turn, and right now, that's one of the current lists weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
acolyte
Slave
acolyte

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Point Tournament List   1500 Point Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 02:14

The list looks good- nids are gonna hate it.The kabalites in the raiders with the blaster and splinter cannon seem to have a split personality in both range and target, maybe put the blaster on the archon so he can pop a shot off the turn he arrives, or even a blaster pistol so you don't lose the close combat attack?

the grotesques I love as a coven grotesquerie but from the regular codex I've had problems, maybe swap out and wwp in with 6 reavers? they get rending HOW, can shoot the turn they arrive, and get a 3+ jink and FNP where as the grotsques are gonna eat shots to the face with only a 5+ FNP assuming you don't drop into cover. If it is a lot of marines and eldar; that flesh gauntlet isn't going to do much, compared to the Rends which will insta kill marines where as the grotesques are going to have to deal with 3+ armor saves.

or maybe find a way to get a raider for the grotesques? and DS in with some liquifiers? just looking for a way to maximize the effect of the wwp when it arrives
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Point Tournament List   1500 Point Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 02:47

I would drop the Archon for a Succubus with Glaive and Haywire and with the left over points grab a Raider for the Grotesques. The Grotesques need AP 2 weapons and a transport. If you WWP them in, the earliest they assault is Turn 3, and that's with a perfect scenario. A lot of upgrades on things (Nightshields) that aren't my taste, but YMMV.
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Point Tournament List   1500 Point Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 02:55

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll make the recommended changes, play test it, and let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Rathstar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Point Tournament List   1500 Point Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 16:34

i think you'd be able to afford an extra unit and a raider for the grots if you just dropped many of the upgrades.

I also believe that for a close combat unit the grots are better than the reavers, even against 3+ save marines, and 2+ save can be poisoned down or killed by some of your ap2 firepower. The reavers are very weak after their hammer of wrath, and unless you get lots of rends you are in trouble, while the grotesques will cause many more wounds because the reroll to wound against T3 and T4 plus they will normally be outnumbered for their ramage to trigger.

First lets look at the upgrades you could lose:
Webway Portal (as we're going to use the points on a raider)
5 Nightshields (it's expensive, particularly when you have so many)
Splinter Cannons on Flyers (wasted if you're using the dark lances, and should fire till turn 3, as turn 2 you're probably dumping the missiles)
Blasters in the large warrior units (I would use these as gunboats and want to maximize the splinter racks)
You have 160 points to spend, enough for an extra triple dark lance ravager and a 4th grotesque.

Lets check reavers vs grots against MEQ, assuming 6 reavers with 2 caltrops (126pts) vs 4 grots (140pts) assuming the grots with archon are outnumbered
Reavers: 2D6 Str6 plus 6 D3 Rending HoW = 3.8 average MEQ kills, plus another 1.0 from normal attacks
Grotesques: 20 plus 4xD3 Str 5 Poison Attacks = 4.1 average MEQ kills

Reavers have it marginally, so it's up to you, but I'm still for the grotesques due to their toughness, 12 T5 wounds (which helps with overwatch), vs 6 T4 wounds which I think a 3+ jink for skilled rider does not make up.

Lastly if you like the splinter cannon upgrade on the flyers, why not try out 2 disintegrator cannons and a splinter cannon on one of them to make it dedicated anti infantry.

Rathstar

The following quote is from around 6th edition, how have things changed Smile

sweetbacon wrote:
You're spending 225 points on Wyches???

Wyches?!!

Why?  

Did someone threaten your family?  

Are you under duress right now?  

Blink if you are and I'll summon the authorities.
Back to top Go down
http://rathstarramblings.blogspot.co.uk/
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Point Tournament List   1500 Point Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 16:56

How about using the reaver to lock the enemy in assault the time grots flat out, disembark and charge?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Point Tournament List   1500 Point Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Point Tournament List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: