THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Do you have a favourite foe?

Go down 
+13
Rathian
Cavash
Scrz
RCZ
ndphoto
lament.config
Viceroi_Corvenis
sweetbacon
Brom
Roneck
flakmonkey
Jimsolo
The Shredder
17 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Do you have a favourite foe? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 22:51

Are there any armies (or specific builds) that you love to face as DE/Covens?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 23:00

Tyranids! No pesky vehicles to worry about, vulnerable to many Freakshow tactics, and my poison weapons make a mockery of their monstrous creatures. I spent my first ten years in 40k not only never winning a game against bugs, but having never SEEN it done. My first tournament with DE, I tabled two nid players by turn 3.

I know I'm like the kid who gets bullied at home and then goes and gives smaller kids swirlies in school, but God help me I just love watching nids get flushed.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25 2015, 23:05

Yeah, flyrants aside, nids are a lot of fun to play against.

Unfortunately, there are only two players in my group who have nids - one of them is me (though I haven't played them since 5th), and the other uses GKs 99% of the time.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 00:18

I enjoy playing against IG, although that probably has alot to do with the player.
It always reminds me of the story from the old DE codex, where the DE are attacking an IG outpost, moving fast, cutting down squads, darklight scything through the night to destroy vehicles.
Doesn't always happen like that though Smile

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Roneck
Slave
Roneck

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 01:00

This is going to sound crazy but i love facing necrons. I picture my eldar as being very vain to prove they are superior and charging headlong towards them. Even though i lose like 60 percent of the time and when i win its at great cost it makes me proud to see them triumph over them. No other army gives me such a hard time and when things go according to plan i feel as though i pulled off a very close fought raid that will bring my kabal many spoils and respect.

Last edited by Roneck on Wed Aug 26 2015, 01:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 01:01

I have an opponent I haven't seen in years who plays Necrons, and I'd love to unleash some Freakshow cheese on them at some point.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 16:25

I love facing nids, orks, crons and daemons. In fact there really aren't many armies I don't enjoy facing with dark eldar.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26 2015, 21:11

As crazy as it sounds, I like facing Eldar. Because I can bring my dirtiest, most gimmicky list and I don't feel bad. Plus, a win against Eldar feels like a real achievement.
Back to top Go down
Viceroi_Corvenis
Hellion
Viceroi_Corvenis

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 00:51

For me, either Tau or Orks. I get to use my Hellions then. The tau guy is fond of deep striking a Crisis Commander (w/ Drone Controller) joined to a team of 3 Crisis Suits, with 2 drones apiece. So I deep strike a blob of 20 naked Hellions for 40 shots of poisoned dakka. It's cheaper than a WWP Archon with 9 Sslyth in a Raider with Splinter Racks, but both are fun to drop near a Riptide and open fire.

Beating a smug Tau is always satisfying, but beating them by out-shooting them is priceless. MSUs is the way to go vs Tau, force them to make hard choices as to what to shoot. What they shoot WILL die, because they can deny cover with their Markerlights, but if you provide them with too many targets, the game becomes a race against time for the Tau who tend to try to focus-fire your army unit by unit. Also priceless, Tau player shoots Cronos (Spirit Probe) with his Hammerhead, and I just shrug as I roll a 5 for Feel No Pain.

Versus Orks is fun too. As long as you deny them the charge, we have a marked advantage in close combat. Other than that, bring MOAR DAKKA!
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 00:56

I too enjoy playing against Orks. Seems like they would make excellent slaves.
Back to top Go down
ndphoto
Hellion
ndphoto

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30 2015, 20:18

So far, Nids, two Raiders full of Kabalites with Splinter racks plus Venoms equals lots and lots of dead Nids very quickly Smile
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 09:09

I love to play against SM mostly because i hate them and who play them in reflex, so i am very motivated.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2015, 06:48

Craftworld eldar.
For the following reasons:
1- I like killing them.
2- Do you need another reason?
I usually lose the mission, but I always feel like I have done the universe a favor if I take out enough of his army on my way down.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2015, 12:41

Dark Angels. Lots of bad blood between my DE and my brother's DA.

Do you have a favourite foe? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2015, 15:18

Cavash wrote:
Dark Angels. Lots of bad blood between my DE and my brother's DA.

I enjoy killing Dark Angels too, something very satisfying about murdering Marines who think they have the monopoly on the darkness and fear...

Orks make great slaves, so poisoning great swathes of their infantry from the back of darting Venoms is fun. Necorns. *shudder* Hate them.

Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 10:10

My wins all bear around from Space marines and Tyranids, I've beaten a Necron player, but I have yet to defeat a Ork player... But for the most part, facing Marines is cool, my Incubi look like the most terrifying unit out there, not to mention, Archon can slay some people pretty fast with a Agoniser. Very Happy

Slave
Arhashya

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 14:11

Elysian Drop Troops cause nothing is better then a burning drop ship full of screaming imperial guards.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 22:22

I like playing against Necrons, especially when I use a Dark Artisan. Seeing an entire Necron army unload on them and cause no damage is very gratifying.

nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 22:54

Nexs likes a challenge. He likes to play against experienced players with hard lists, and likes to take his softer lists to try and beat the harder lists with tactics.
Nexs also needs new dice.

PostSubject: Re: Do you have a favourite foe?   Do you have a favourite foe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you have a favourite foe?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: