THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Question about template weapons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Blackfel
Hellion
Blackfel

Question about template weapons Empty
PostSubject: Question about template weapons   Question about template weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 19:57

Hi!

I have a question about flamer/template weapons. Say I use a WWP to drop a unit of 4 Medusae right next to a unit of 10 Space Marine bikers. Laying the template down, I can cover 5 of them, but the template can't reach the other 5, no matter how I position the template. With four Medusae using their eyeblasts, I would inflict 20 wounds (5 marines covered by the template, multiplied by 4 Medusae).

Here's the question: Once I've fried the five bikers I can reach, are the rest of the wounds discarded and the remaining five Space Marine bikers safe, or do the remaining wounds reach models not covered by the template as well?

Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Question about template weapons   Question about template weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 20:04

Quote :
Out of Range
If none of the firing models are in range of a particular model in the target unit, then Wounds cannot be allocated to it. Note that, when determining if a model is out of range, always use the firing weapon’s maximum range, even if it was a Rapid Fire or Salvo weapon that was shooting at half range (it can be imagined that whilst these weapons sacrificed accuracy or mobility to gain extra shots, their shots still travel their full range and have luckily hit another enemy). If there are no models in the target unit that are in range, all remaining Wounds in the pool are lost.

Template:

Quote :
Template weapons have the Ignores Cover, Wall of Death and No Escape special rules. Wounds inflicted by template weapons are allocated following the normal rules. Template weapons cannot fire Snap Shots.

So yes, only 5 marines. All other wounds are wasted.
Back to top Go down
Blackfel
Hellion
Blackfel

PostSubject: Re: Question about template weapons   Question about template weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 21:45

Thanks for the quick reply! That's what I thought, but I figured I should ask just in case.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Question about template weapons   Question about template weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 21:48

It is a little bit odd... in case of an infantry blob i would argue that you "sweep" the template in order to find out how much models can be effected.
Back to top Go down
Blackfel
Hellion
Blackfel

PostSubject: Re: Question about template weapons   Question about template weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 22:00

Agreed, especially if you have multiple template weapons in the same unit. As long as the template can physically reach the model, he can be wounded by the extra wounds. The joy of flamers and open-topped transports is that you can pick any point on the transport's hull to fire from, and all of your flamers can shoot, which makes it really easy to cover a boatload of miniatures.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Question about template weapons   Question about template weapons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27 2015, 23:24

A template wound can be allocated to any model the template could have reached from the firer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about template weapons   Question about template weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about template weapons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: