THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"

Go down 
+5
Thor665
Squidmaster
CptMetal
RCZ
Sulmo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sulmo
Hellion
Sulmo

Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" Empty
PostSubject: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 13:46

A unit in a transport Deep Strikes within 12" of Coteaz but the unit inside doesn't disembark, Coteaz then shoots the transport and blows it up. Can he then shoot the unit inside that disembarked?
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 14:23

I dont know who this "Coteaz" is, but generally not.

Back to top Go down
Sulmo
Hellion
Sulmo

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 14:42

He's an Inquisitor
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 14:46

It has "splitted fire" USR?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 15:15

He can't shoot twice a turn,. So no.

Hellion
Sulmo

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 15:29

Yeh but there's no limit to how many times he can use his ability; it's not the same as Intercept.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 17:30

To clarify for you all, Inquisitor Coteaz has the ability "I've Been Expecting You".
"If an enemy unit arrives from reserves within 12" of Coteaz and within his line of sight, COteaz and his unit can immediately make an out-of-sequence shooting attack against it. There is no limit on how many times the abioity can be used in a turn."

@Sulmo To answer your question, the answer is no. When the Raider Deep Strikes, it has arrived from Reserves and may be targeted using Coteaz's rule. The Warriors inside it have also arrived from Reserves, but are not viable targets because they are inside the Raider. If the Raider is then destroyed, the Warriors have to disembark but can not be targeted because they are not there and then arriving from Reserves. At the point they arrived they were not viable. At the point they disembark, the special rule is no longer viable.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 17:30

The unit that arrived from reserves would be the transport - the unit disembarking is not arriving from reserves, it is arriving from disembarkation. I see no justification for Coteaz getting to shoot at them.

Edit - 2nding Squid.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 19:40

If they don't get out as part of the Deep Strike, then no.

If they do, (such as a Drop Pod) then he may indeed shoot both. If they combat squad, he can shoot all three.
Back to top Go down
Sulmo
Hellion
Sulmo

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 20:32

Great thanks
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 21:00

I tend to agree that if the vehicle arrives within 12" and coteaz shoots it blowing it up then he cannot fire at the disembarking unit.

A vehicle and its embarked unit are no longer considered separate units; they used to be but I cannot for the life of me find that ruling any longer. They may fire at different targets (specifically stated) their actions influence the others actions (flatout, smoke launchers, embarking etc.) however they are no longer deemed "separate units".

Echoing others, the drop pod disembark provides multiple targets; they all arrive from reserve, they are within 12, he has line of sight, he and his unit can fire. A Transport like a raider, waveserpent etc. that gets blown up and a unit is forced to disembark from it circumvents the line of sight portion; they came in from reserve as part of the vehicle unit and he could not draw line of sight to them. At least, as I see it in 7th.

Sulmo
Hellion
Sulmo

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 23:09

So I would say no too cause it happens at the end of the movement phase; when the vehicle blows it out of that step.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31 2015, 23:35

Are you maybe confusing IBEY with Interceptor? I've Been Expecting You happens immediately after the unit arrives.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 20:50

What if the raider is 14" away (out of range) and the unit disembarks from the raider to 10" away (in range of coteaz)? Can the unit be shot?
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 20:56

no

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01 2015, 22:09

Myrvn wrote:
What if the raider is 14" away (out of range) and the unit disembarks from the raider to 10" away (in range of coteaz)? Can the unit be shot?
It also wouldn't allow you to shoot at something that deepstruck on the previous turn out of range and then moved closer to you into range.

Back to top Go down
Sulmo
Hellion
Sulmo

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 20:37

In the above Raider case, i think he can shoot if the Raider Deep Struck and the guys disembark
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 22:45

He could shoot at the Raider - the Warriors never deep struck.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05 2015, 22:55

They did. But his ability isn't triggered by Deep Striking, it's just having arriving from Reserves. And when they disembark, that won't apply to them.

The reason you can shoot Space Marines out of Pods is that disembarking from the pod is part of the pod's arrival. (Ergo, both units 'just arrived' and are eligible.) When a Raider arrives, it's movement phase is complete. Then, the unit inside voluntarily begins a movement action all their own, by which point Coteaz has waited too long for the 'just arrived' part of his rule to kick in.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06 2015, 12:50

They never arrived from reserves either - they functionally only exist on the board in theory.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"   Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coteaz and "i've Been Expecting You"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: