THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: Dark eldar wEldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2015, 15:26

Ok Trying to build a mostly Bike army.  Here is what I have for 1850.   We are a very competive group here in St. Louis so please be brutal.

Dark Eldar
LHameans \ Venom (Dual Splinter Cannons)

Warriors x 5 (Blaster) Venom (Dual Splinter Cannons)
Warriors x 5 (Blaster) Venom (Dual Splinter Cannons)

Raider (W\Lance)
Reaver x 6 (2x Cluser Caltrops)

Eldar
Autarch (Banshee mask, SkyRunner, Shard of Anaris)

Wind Riders x 3 (w\Scatterlasers)

Hornet (2x Pulse Lasers)
Hornet (2x Pulse Lasers)
Hornet (2x Pulse Lasers)

Wraithknight (Ghostglaive and Scattershield)

Archon with the Fire Dragons will deep strike on whatever Vehicles they can.

I guess the big question is should I split the wind riders into 6 3 man Squads?

Last edited by mrmagoo on Thu Sep 10 2015, 17:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2015, 08:22

Drop the Huskblade on archon. Other than that list looks fine. The only other thing I would consider is dropping a venom squad and adding 1 more squad of 6 reavers with caltrops.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2015, 16:16

Dang I like that idea but the FA Choices are full. Sad  Need a raider for the FireDragons to ride in.   They will be my main ANTI Tank\Knight force along with the Wraithknight of Course.  Sad

But If I
Drop HuskBlade
Drop a unit if Warriors.
Drop Raider
Drop FireDragons

Add
6 Reavers w\2x Caltrops
Hornet (2 Pulse Lasers)
Hornet (2 Pulse Lasers)
Hornet (2 Pulse Lasers)

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2015, 16:48

You could add the Shard of Anaris to the Autarch as that beefs up his combat/challenge potential and also makes the unit Fearless.

You could get extra FA slots in the DE detachment if you change from CAD to Realspace Raider, although you lose ObjSec. You can compensate for this by splitting the Wind Riders up into 6 x 3-man squads.

mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2015, 17:09

Yea I have been fighting to get that in.

BUT With the new setup. If I
remove the ARchon Since I dropped the Firedragons his deep strike is no longer needed.
Add a lhmeans in a Venom, just for an HQ slot and Venom w\ 12 shots of course.
Add the Shard of anaris on the Ataurch.

I am Changing the list above to reflect the changes.
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 06:38

List is good. If you dont make any more changes, you'll be fine. I will say, however, that Fire dragons are amazing and I would consider putting them back in your list.

My list looks similar to yours. I ally with Eldar for some Hornet goodness and fire dragons. (Then i pretend they are ravagers and blasterborn) The scat bikes in my list are just bonus. So for you, I would open up a DE fast attack slot and add a raider (like you mentioned) If you still want more reavers, you can always do 9 in a unit, 3cc in each. Drop the Lhamean and get an archon with blaster and wwp. I drop in a dark lance radier with 5 dragons, an archon with blaster, and Autarch with fusion gun. That's 8 strength 8 ap2 guns exactly where I want, usually on turn 2. Send this unit against the opponents biggest threat and watch it go bye bye. The biggest problem with this unit is its cost in one flimsy raider, and it does poorly against MSU. To me, its still way worth it. To afford it you are gonna have to drop some bikes too probably. Anyway, just food for though
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 06:41

For me, this is looking like Eldar with dark Eldar allies, not the other way round. But it's looking good nevertheless.

Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 16:26

Yes Sir, I am sorry. Originally yes it was Dark Eldar with Eldar Allies as the initial list when I started had 3 Ravagers and more warriors, but at this point yes it has gone to Eldar with Dark Eldar allies.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 19:12

Why apologize? That list seems like a ton of fun! Ever tested it?

Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 19:18

Nope, I have 18 Eldar Jetbikes in Pieces on my Painting table right now, Plus the Wraithknight, Autarch and 6 Reavers still in boxes. I haven't even purchased the Hornets yet and the next 6 reavers.

I think it will be a blast. I have tested with 12 Eldar Jetbikes against my sons Nids and they got vaporized but he did concentrate on them a lot. He won 9-8.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?   Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar w\Eldar mostly bike army Opinions?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: