THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pain4Pleasure
Slave
Pain4Pleasure

New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help! Empty
PostSubject: New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help!   New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2015, 19:52

Hi all,

New DE player here looking to start off small and move up to slightly less small (500pts then to 1000pts).

I am making a coven army and really wanted to utilise my favourite models.
Not looking for anything majorly competitive , just wanna roll lots of dice! and major win a game or two Wink

For my 500pts i was thinking something like...

Haemonculous x2
Grotesques (3)
Wracks (5)
Cronos
Talos

Then when moving upto 1000pts...

Haemonculous x2
Grotesques (3) + Raider
Wracks (5) + venom x2
Cronos
Talos
And the Harlequin 'Cast of players' formation.

Are these reasonable starting lists? Do i miss out by going by the FOC rather than the individual formations (apart from the obvious?)

Like i said , I'm really new and although I want to play coven because i love those models and the style , i dont want to lose every single game and get disheartened.

Any input would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help!   New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08 2015, 20:34

I love the Coven lists myself. My only complaint with them is the ANTI-TANK is very lacking. If you look at your lists what are you going to do against Armor 14? Not really need to worry about it at 500 points but 1000 you can most assuredly face a land raider.

Unfortunately with the COVEN rules there isn't much you can do to get the ANTI-TANK you need.

Your only option is to ALLY.

Ally with a standard Dark Eldar CAD and get TRUEBORN or Ravagers.
Or
Ally with Eldar and get Firedragons.
Back to top Go down
Viceroi_Corvenis
Hellion
Viceroi_Corvenis

PostSubject: Re: New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help!   New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09 2015, 23:37

Three Talos with the TL Haywire Blasters is decently effective due to BS3 that is Twin-Linked, but very scary as they are a unit of 9 total wounds at T7 with FNP stock. Raiders with Dark Lances can strip off hull points too.

Don't forget about Cronos. The Spirit Probe is money, 4+ FNP is so good! Wracks in Venoms and Raiders are good, but march 10 Grotesques with a Haemonculus joined and a Cronos with Spirit Probe lurking nearby. Fearless, T5, FNP(4+), and 3 wounds each will be tough to kill. The look on your opponent's face when they get It Will Not Die a turn early because of the Haemonculus. Even better, give haemy a Webway Portal. They can't charge when they arrive, but your opponent will sweat over them deepstriking without scattering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help!   New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DE player with initial 500pt-ish list then plans for 1000pts - please help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: