THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to deal with Necrons?

Go down 
+3
Sigmaril
Count Adhemar
RCZ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

How to deal with Necrons? Empty
PostSubject: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 09:27

What is the best way to deal with necron?
How do you get rid of the annoying protocols and flying night croissant?

They really pisssss me off, i want some advises!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 10:05

Firstly, we cannot get rid of Reanimation Protocols. The only thing they don't get their extra 'save' against is D-weapons and we haven't got any of those. So you're just going to have to deal with it. Best ways to do so are by bypassing their armour saves, which basically means darklight weaponry or disintegrators, or in melee, where you can sweep the unit and destroy them completely.

I find Freakshows to be extremely good against Necrons as you can achieve both of the above. Psychic Shriek ignores armour and the melee threats of Dark Artisans, Grotesqueries etc can easily sweep them with the aid of -5 LD!

As for the Night Scythes, I generally ignore them. Not through choice, but our AA is pitiful and even if I did attempt to take them out I'd almost certainly fail. If you can get them to jink that's about the best you're likely to do without allies. If I feel I need to jink with a Ravager then I'll fire it at a Night Scythe next turn as it will be snap firing anyway. Otherwise, I generally leave them alone and just try to move so that they have few or no targets. Remember that they must move at least 18" and can only turn up to 90 degrees before doing so. Get within 18" of them or behind them and you're safe, although they can still drop troops on you.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 11:02

Two Words: Corpsethief Claw!
I've played this formation against Necrons a lot. Against MSU heavy Destroyers, Wraith-spam, large blobs of warriors with ghost arks, you name it. The Corpsethief scythe through them like a warm knife through butter. It's really amazing to behold, and it's REALLY funny to see the Necron players respond to a unit which is harder to kill than their own Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 13:07

Does the CTC really work well against wraiths? I can't see them doing much damage, but I'd have thought that a unit of, say, 6 wraiths from the formation would be able to hold it up for quite some time.

Mathematically, even with all 5 talos alive, you're still only killing 1 wraith each round (possibly not even that).

Also, have you tried it against the Destroyer Cult? I know the destroyers need 6s to wound you, but with Shred and AP3 I'm curious about how much damage they could do before you got close.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 19:31

Usually it takes me about 5-6 assault phases to clear two units of 6 wraiths each, allthough granted, I do try to help out here with a bunch of grotesques as well, which helps a bit.
The Destroyer cult isn't as effective as just going with 3-4 units of heavy destroyers. Sure, they get reroll to would, but they still need 6's. I do my best to hug a little cover, and always have my Dark Artisan nearby. The damage they inflict are mediocre at best, only killing one with a lot of luck, and if it doesn't die, it gets circled back through the line to await IWND-treatment. I use my grotesques to haress and hunt the destroyers, and not the CtC. The CtC's main objective, in most my games, are to defend 3-5 objectives (depending on how fortunate I am when placing them). On rare occations, they just sprawl foreward to maximize their Victory Point tally. Necron warrior blobs are some of these occations Smile

Edit: Ichor Injector is great versus Necrons. With the number of attacks there are bound to be a lot of 6's, and they double-tap the wraiths, AND reduce their Reanimate by 1.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 19:40

That does sound like a bit of a problem for Necrons. Not sure what my Necron army could do against it.

Just one question - where is the CtC getting IWND from? Question
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 22:58

The Shredder wrote:
That does sound like a bit of a problem for Necrons. Not sure what my Necron army could do against it.

Just one question - where is the CtC getting IWND from? Question
The Haemonculus Covens Power From Pain table. The Turn 4 addition. The Dark Artisan get it already turn 3, due to Haemonculus special rules. Often, my opponent tries to kill the Dark Artisan first, to lessen the impact of the 4+ FnP for the corpsethief. After a couple of rounds they usually realize that if they continue down that path, there will be no turns left to actually begin taking the CtC out as well.
Of course, this confusion is lessened somewhat against experienced players, but in my experience, the CtC is sufficiently rare that noone actually have any experience with it. As far as I know, I am the only one in my entire country with the models to field it.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 23:05

Taloi don't have Power from Pain.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 23:21

Jimsolo wrote:
Taloi don't have Power from Pain.

Indeed. Our Pain Engines are no longer fuelled by pain. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 23:32

Which, since they're robots, it kind of makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 01:03

Blimey... You're right.... Suppose I owe a bunch of people an apology.......
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 07:57

Hops! It gonna be a pure killpoints 1500 match! I really dont know how to not give my opponent an advantage with my MSU habit (it is my common way of play).... i need suggestion!
I never used big pointy units!

I want go with grotesque mostly because they are very hard to kill and i am thinking to win on the edge of the razor (scoring 2-3 point more than him and then turboboosting away all the remaining time). So i will need 2-3 scoring units, that kamikaze them but kill at least 2 units before die, and a lot of supporting fire that could turboboost away (raider and ravagers). No venom because they are too much vulnerable with only 2 HP.

I am thinking also of RWJ or bomber, i couldnt decide. Sad

I have a bad feeling about this game - Obi
Back to top Go down
ndphoto
Hellion
ndphoto

PostSubject: Necron tactics   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2015, 18:48

I'm playing Necrons this week in a tournament game, anyone got any advice?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2015, 21:40

Don't get too close. So no gun boats!
Back to top Go down
ndphoto
Hellion
ndphoto

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2015, 21:49

Oh bugger, there goes plan A then!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2015, 22:41

Have you taken a look at the Freakshow series?  Necrons have got very little psychic defense, and tend to run units that a vulnerable to Freakshow tactics.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15 2015, 22:42

Thread merged with existing thread on Necron advice and title of thread changed to make it clearer - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16 2015, 07:46

Ok guys i've managed to steal the win from the robotic hands of necrons!
Maybe when i have time i will write a bat reps, however, the game was only with kill points, and deploying a single corpse thief claw unit
allowed me to bring on the table LESS units than necron (it was a decuricron).
This big unit halted in the middle of the table, in a major ruin, and it was a pivot point around which i play hide and seek with my opponent. This ruin became a mosh pit, which my opponent
tried to break several times, also in close combat, earning me a victory of 10 pts for DE and 2 pts for necron (1 venom+crew).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to deal with Necrons?   How to deal with Necrons? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to deal with Necrons?
Page 1 of 1