THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Regains his Soul

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Dark Eldar Regains his Soul Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 15:42

Hello The Dark City!!! It has been too long since I last posted here, but an interesting situation has come up that I wanted to poke some of the best DE minds around, so here we are.

I am currently playing in a Dark Heresy game as a Dark Eldar, and a situation has come up where I could potentially stop the soul syphon effect from Slaanesh. It's a long story how, but I more wanted to get into the mind set of how a DE would act with the knowledge of the effect being stopped.

The general consensus is that Dark Eldar feel their soul being syphoned, and that through pain they in essence replenish what's left to sustain themselves. Now I know the how/why is mostly conjecture, but has there ever been anyone who stops this???

Eldar ofc use soul stones, and Harlies have the bonding ritual. These two have rules and honor though (the eldar have the path and the Harlies have their loyalty to their god and troupe), but would a DE who is essentially "free" do with that knowledge???

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 17:32

Exploit the information for power and profit, naturally.

Also - hello!
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 17:50

Just imagine the old, withered archons that crave for massive displays of carnage just to feel a little alive hearing that you have a way for them to regain their souls and stop the thirst altogether. You are offering a terminal crack addict a way to not only go fully sober, but regain their youth and power while being able to get that first high again. To say it's going to cause quite a stir is putting it lightly Very Happy

I'd be careful if I was your character and choose the ones who will find this information out wisely, because it is worth a lot, and you'll definitely have to risk your neck for it.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 18:44

Well I'm not the one risking anything.

A bit of background I guess. The dark heresy group has been going on for awhile, and two characters have lived through it all. One mission they were stuck in a time loop by a tzeentchian cult, and in order to leave they had to exchange their souls. They ofc did. They also ran into a slaanesh demon prince who was stuck in the time warp as well, and their inquis demon hosted it.

Another mission had them capture a lord of change in a tezzerect vault. This vault was given to the demon host to protect it.

Fast forward to now, and a demon of slaanesh has approached them. He wants to humiliate the demon hosted rival, so it has stolen the vault and has connected the two who still need their souls back with the tzeentchian cult who has their contract, and wants to set up the exchange. Souls for the vault.

One of the characters involved is a shrewed individual, and he wants to throw my soul into the bargin as he feels he can gain power over me or something (currently I only listen to the inquisitor because he is the only one my kabal has an agreement with). The contract most likely wouldn't have loop holes either as the tzeentchian cult would be involved, so both demon and cult would look it over for holes.

So in essence it won't be repeatable, and I would be the only one. My question is more of what type of mindset my character would be in when he finds out??? The only person I can even come close to seeing in the same position is lady malys, as she has that heart that saves her, but whether that would save her from slaanesh is yet to be seen.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 19:22

Heresy with dark Eldar rules? Where do I get this?

But if I understood correctly, they want to trade your soul, so this cult is giving you your soul back. But why back? Dark Eldar still possess souls. Mutilated ones, but they do. Parts are with Slaanesh, so the cult can do nothing to give those parts back. I didn't I understand correctly?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11 2015, 19:37

Rogue trader has rules for a dark eldar character. The systems are also interchangeable

He wants to make it part of the deal with the slaanesh demon. Kinda like "I'll go through with your plan if you don't take his soul"

As for having a soul, yes DE do, but it's constantly being nibbled on by slaanesh. In which DE replenish by causing pain. Theoretically if he stops nibbling a DE soul would return to normal. That is what he wants to deal with
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 05:26

Shadows Revenge wrote:
My question is more of what type of mindset my character would be in when he finds out???
Depends on your character, really.

I suspect most Dark Eldar would do what they did *prior* to Slaanesh sucking on their souls...which, incidentally, is pretty much what they're doing now, but with more personal amusement and less needed haste in Realspace.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12 2015, 08:10

^ This
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Regains his Soul   Dark Eldar Regains his Soul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Regains his Soul
Page 1 of 1