THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Death cometh to a tabletop near you

Go down 
+6
Massaen
Count Adhemar
Squidmaster
Ispa
CptMetal
Gobsmakked
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Death cometh to a tabletop near you Empty
PostSubject: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2015, 20:05

..... so, we got the Ossefactor with our new codex bounce Fish'eads, on the other hand, are getting these affraid as you are probably already aware. I don't play well against Tau already, these really aren't gunna help matters.

The Stormsurge, from GW.

Death cometh to a tabletop near you New-stormsurge1

And the KX139 Ta'unar, from FW.

Death cometh to a tabletop near you Original

Death cometh to a tabletop near you 99020187137_TauKX139TaunarSupremacyArmourBundle03

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18 2015, 21:16

Well... Gargantuan creatures are the bane to our existence. Only Jims Freakshow lists is able to handle those. But it's not pure true Eldar. That's sad :-(

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 19:00

Good news! Prices confirmed for Stormsurge - USD$150, Cdn$180, and god only knows for the rest of the colonies Embarassed

Won't see too many of them around, I guess **cue crocodile tears**

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2015, 23:44

Meh. i usually play Community comp rules.....you can take Gargantuan creatures but if you do there is not much else you can fit in. (although my other army is GK with 2 NDK and an IK warden then fill list with terminators)

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 10:40

YOu're forgetting the Ghostkeel:

Death cometh to a tabletop near you 12009836_683361971182_1118421954913059529_n

A quick reference for context:

Death cometh to a tabletop near you Tau-KX-139-Taunar

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 11:49

I'm really struggling with the concept of a GIANT stealth suit. That seems to me as much an oxymoron as the FIFA Ethics Committee.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 11:50

From what I hear from the grape vine - its the size of a broadside - maybe a touch bigger

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 12:02

Massaen wrote:
From what I hear from the grape vine - its the size of a broadside - maybe a touch bigger

Look at the picture again.

Thats a Riptide and a Stormsurge just behind it.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 12:07

Squidmaster wrote:
Massaen wrote:

Look at the picture again.

Thats a Riptide and a Stormsurge just behind it.

It's hard to get a decent idea on perspective though. I'd guess the Riptide and Stormsurge are actually quite far behind it in order to make it look bigger than it is. Broadside-size is probably more accurate.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 12:12

The drones in front of it are a better guide - and its on a piece of scenery as well if you look closely.

I would expect it to be on the same base as the carnifex and iron striders

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 19:29

Does anyone else feel like the concept of this unit comes from an 8 year old playing with their friends and trying to top the other one with having something even more rediculous. Well my broadside sized unit is stealthed so you can't shoot it before it kills you.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 11:56

A better pic comes:

Death cometh to a tabletop near you CO9nQkDW8AE1k6V.jpg-large

nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04 2015, 12:09

Space frogs strike again(and again and again and again, with all those missiles)

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2015, 12:35

Leaked rules for the Ghostkeel here

T5, 4 Wounds, 3+ save, 2+ cover save in any sort of cover and ablative wounds from the drones seems pretty decent and twin-linked fusion blaster with the fusion collider will make a mess of most vehicles, especially if you deep strike in behind them. Target locks would mean they could take out half an army when they arrive.

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2015, 13:00

Quote :
2+ cover save in any sort of cover

Even outside of cover as he gainst stelth and shrouded while doubling the effect. So basically he gets +6 to his cover save.
Back to top Go down
Calindor
Hellion
Calindor

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2015, 14:12

We really need something that can ignore cover in the future
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2015, 14:27

Calindor wrote:
We really need something that can ignore cover in the future

Hey, we've got our S3 Liquifiers that wound on a 6 with random AP. cheers

Granted, Medusae are slightly better but still wound on a 5+. Even a Raider full of them would only kill 1 of these things, and that's 300+ points

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2015, 16:26

I would rather go for the drones they have to be in front to provide ablative wounds, can only get a 4+ cover in the open (no electrowarfare) and leave the suit with 5+ in the open once they are gone.

Also Medusae would not do anything as he would just say "lol no!" activate his countermeasures and force you to snapshot your templates.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2015, 04:38

The T of this unit will interesting as the drones will lower it with the majority rules potentially

Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2015, 08:25

The drones have T5, the same as the suit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death cometh to a tabletop near you   Death cometh to a tabletop near you I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death cometh to a tabletop near you
Page 1 of 1