THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
paxter
Hellion

Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  Empty
PostSubject: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2011, 20:06

hey ya,

I am new to the forum, i decided recently to take a shot at using the DE, I am mainly a Tau and a csm player. But since the recent range of DE models came out it is getting harder and harder to resist the temptations of using this glass sucker-punch army.

General Idea for this army

- I usually play against a wide range of players in my game group, with every race represented. As we play on 6ft by 4ft gaming tables almost all the players are mech heavy. With medium to high amount of terrain on each table. My idea for the army is partly influenced by the liking I have to the Wracks and hellion models.

HQ
Archon
(rides with the incubi)
+ Husk Blade
+ Combat Drugs
+ Phantasm grenade Launcher
+ Shadow Field
+ Soul trap
170pts

HQ
Haemonculus
(rides with the Wracks, their purpose is to defend an objective, or charge Large wound models or MEQ as i understand it if the Wracks get an opportunity to charge a unit of marines they will have furious charge, allowing them to strike first(in open) and have their STR = to theirs giving me re-roll to wound)
+ Scissorhand
+ Liquifier Gun
75pts

Elites
Incubi
(4)
+ Venom
+ Splinter Cannon
153pts

Elites
Kabalite Trueborn
(4)
+ Blaster (4)
+ Venom
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Retrofire Jets
178pts

Elites
Kabalite Trueborn
(4)
+ Blaster (4)
+ Venom
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Retrofire Jets
178pts

Troops
Wracks
(9 )
+ Liquifier Gun
+ Acothyst
+ Scissorhand
+ Raider
+ Enhance aethersails
190pts

Troops
Wyches
(8 )
+ Hydra Gauntlets
+ Hekatrix
+ Agoniser
+ Raider
+ Enhance aethersails
185pts

Troops
Wyches
(8 )
+ Hydra Gauntlets
+ Hekatrix
+ Agoniser
+ Raider
+ Enhance aethersails
185pts

Fast Attack
Hellions
(12) (my Screen, ment to harass units with their rifles, and limited cc support to the other main attacking units)
+ Helliarch
+ Stunclaw
207pts

Heavy
Ravager

+ Flickerfield
115pts

Heavy
Ravager

+ Flickerfield
115pts

do post up your comments, I would love to hear from the rest of the DE community
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2011, 21:36

paxter wrote:
My idea for the army is partly influenced by the liking I have to the Wracks and hellion models.
Crying or Very sad

Quote :
HQ
Archon
(rides with the incubi)
+ Husk Blade
+ Combat Drugs
+ Phantasm grenade Launcher
+ Shadow Field
+ Soul trap
170pts
Fine.

Quote :
HQ
Haemonculus
(rides with the Wracks, their purpose is to defend an objective, or charge Large wound models or MEQ as i understand it if the Wracks get an opportunity to charge a unit of marines they will have furious charge, allowing them to strike first(in open) and have their STR = to theirs giving me re-roll to wound)
+ Scissorhand
+ Liquifier Gun
75pts
Fine.

Quote :
Elites
Incubi
(4)
+ Venom
+ Splinter Cannon
153pts
Fine.

Quote :
Elites
Kabalite Trueborn
(4)
+ Blaster (4)
+ Venom
+ Splinter Cannon
+ Retrofire Jets
178pts
This is good, but I think it's a poor idea to put Retrofires on there. Because your army is mostly about assault it's very important to have vehciles open by the time they get there - they will get there Turn 1 or 2...

So, you put these guys in reserve, and have a 50% chance that they won't show up and shoot anything by the time your assault squads are ready to be assaulting. I'd drop the Retrofires and start these boys on the board.

Quote :
Troops
Wracks
(9 )
+ Liquifier Gun
+ Acothyst
+ Scissorhand
+ Raider
+ Enhance aethersails
190pts
Fine.

Quote :
Troops
Wyches
(8 )
+ Hydra Gauntlets
+ Hekatrix
+ Agoniser
+ Raider
+ Enhance aethersails
185pts
A couple of little missteps here - 1st, a Hydra Gauntlet is inferior to a Wych when it comes to generating attacks. A Wych will give you an extra wound too. They cost the same...you do the math. I'd drop the Gauntlet and take an extra Wych.
The Sails are also pretty 'meh' with Wracks it almost makes sense, because they lack fleet, but Wyches do not need Sails to manage assaults, they'll do fine without them - save the points.

Quote :
Fast Attack
Hellions
(12) (my Screen, ment to harass units with their rifles, and limited cc support to the other main attacking units)
+ Helliarch
+ Stunclaw
207pts
Hi! We're your screen to get you 4+ saves...presuming we muscle up *real tightly* to block half the vehicle in question...we also cost *way* more than just putting FFs on the Raiders, which is almost as good. We also cost more than the units we're screening. We're also, otherwise, basically useless....love us?

I think Hellions are one of the worst things in the Dex. They're better than Mandrakes or the Dias, but they are still pretty fail.

At least give them an Agoniser and not the Stunclaw - the Stunclaw looks and sounds awesome, but is pretty much useless at actually helping you in a game.

Quote :
Heavy
Ravager

+ Flickerfield
115pts
Ravishing

Overall I think you're a little assault heavy and anti-mech light considering your stated play environment. Recognize that Ravagers are superior anti-mech than Trueborn are, because Ravagers have a better range situation and are more likely to be able to shoot Turn 1. At 1750 I think fielding only 3 Troop options showcases that you came from an army with weak Troop options. Our Troop options are good and important - use them. I think the big weakness is the Hellions...if you love the Hellions to death and insist on keeping them, I'd probably drop the Incubi and Archon in favor of getting another Ravager, adding Haywire grenades to the Wyches, and snagging an extra Troop option.
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24 2011, 21:47

I love hellions yeah, I really do, but there is no point in taking them without the Baron. He boosts them into being a useful unit, some will disagree but without him they suck hard. To expensive and fragile.

So choices here, either dump the hellions or the dump your archon and bring in the baron.

I think in reality given the rest of your list I would be tempted to drop the hellions and get another wrack and Heami unit. To cover the cost I'd lose the retrofire jets on the venoms and 1 blasterborn from each unit.

I can't really see the benefit of the jets on the venoms, they are fast enough and have enough range on the splinter cannons to get into position without deepstriking, just seems an extra risk for no real gain.
A unit of 3 blasterborn is statistically enough to damage a vehicle, anything above that is insurance or overkill, either way it's a waste of 27 points each man that could be used elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25 2011, 07:57

second both what thor and kenny said, but I would go with some warriors with a blaster instead of another wrack squad, that way you can get some more AT into the list, as well as another ravager.

Also I dont think Incubi are the best retinue for a Huskblade Soultrap Archon, as he is mainly hunting ICs/MCs I prefer wyches are bloodbrides, because most ICs and their squad have invuls, and MCs are too high in the T department to be hurt by them. Wyches though, while not doing too much damage, can help you tarpit them with shardnets, which will lower their attacks back. but try it and see how you like it.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
BlckRven
Kabalite Warrior
BlckRven

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 00:12

I agree with most of the above.
Keep the helions if you like the models, they will work, they are just not the most optimal way to spend the points. But that is not the point, you need An army you like.

Get an extra ravager, and give haywires to the wyches, both help towards your AT. Specialy when your wyches manage to surround a transport and blow it up, killing everything inside instantly.

I have zero experience with Hellions, but my guts say that 2 x 6 is better than 12. Though it is a close call.

Also we seldom need the unit upgrades as Acothyste or hekatrix.

If you dump the sails, the acothyst and his wargear you can get a total of 10 wracks and 2 liquefiers for the same points, which I think is more lethal. As you have more wounds and the liquefier is just badass.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26 2011, 01:35

BlckRven wrote:
I have zero experience with Hellions, but my guts say that 2 x 6 is better than 12. Though it is a close call.
That's true with shooting units, not so true for assault units.
Back to top Go down
paxter
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 14:27

Ty for your replies, i did some work on the list what do you think of this, i kinda feel good about this list.

A second option is dropping the haemonculus and the razorwing for one more venom with Warriors and a third ravager.

1750 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1750

HQ: Archon
1 Archon + Huskblade + Soul-trap + Phantasm Grenade Launcher + Combat Drugs + Shadow Field

HQ: Haemonculus
1 Haemonculus + Liquifier Gun x1 + Scissorhand x1

Elite: Incubi
4 Incubi = 4
1 Venom + Splinter Cannon

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn
3 Kabalite Trueborn + Blaster x3

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn
3 Kabalite Trueborn + Blaster x3

Troops: Wracks
9 Wracks + Liquifier Gun x1
1 Raider

Troops: Wyches
10 Wyches + Haywire Grenades + Razorflails x2
1 Raider

Troops: Wyches
10 Wyches + Haywire Grenades + Razorflails x2
1 Raider

Troops: Kabalite Warriors
5 Kabalite Warriors + Blaster x1

Heavy Support: Ravager
1 Ravager pts + Flickerfield

Heavy Support: Ravager
1 Ravager pts + Flickerfield

Heavy Support: Razorwing Jetfighter
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 16:32

Personally, I would probably do the Razowing --> Ravager switch you discussed. You have a *lot* of anti-infantry in that force, and the primary goal of the Razorwing is to eat infantry. Basically;

Archon
Haem
Incubi
Wracks
Both Wych squads
4 Venoms
Razorwing

Are all built to hurt infantry - the Wyches can double dip a bit, but their goal is to definitely end up locked in assault sooner rather than later. The Razorwings top function is to pie plate infantry to death...he has a lot of competition in this list, I mean, 4 Venoms want some nice infantry blobs to shoot at too - much less all the assault tools. So probably either the Razorwing should go, or 1-2 of the others should go.

My thoughts,
Thor.

Back to top Go down
paxter
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 17:07

Ic i am kinda duped into the whole "that looks so cool" (model) but i see your point i prob take a third ravager, but do you think i should opt the third ravager to be a Anti MEQ or Anti tank?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 17:54

Anti-tank, no question in my head unless you change other things in your list. Ravagers are decent anti-tank; but I don't think they're as good as you are thinking they are, trust me, you'll want all three able to hurt tanks.

Back to top Go down
BlckRven
Kabalite Warrior
BlckRven

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 19:35

Thor665 wrote:
BlckRven wrote:
That's true with shooting units, not so true for assault units.

Could be wrong, but weren't hellions meant to shoot mainly and only assault when a unit has only few models left?

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 20:07

Well...yes, sort of. But they're a shooting unit that intends to assault, so they should be built to be assaulty - otherwise you should just take something that's better than them at shooting in the first place...or, frankly, better at assault...but that's sort of the awkwardness of how they were built at play there.

I'd build them with assault in mind - it's roughly the more advantageous build.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:09

while they are mainly a shooting unit, they need to be built for assault as they are weak statwise, and need the bodies to take wounds in both CC and sitting in cover to stay effective.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army    Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Took a pot shot at DE, Kabal of the Sundered Soul 1750pts army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: