THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Oldar vs Newdar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sulmo
Hellion
Sulmo

Oldar vs Newdar Empty
PostSubject: Oldar vs Newdar   Oldar vs Newdar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2015, 11:36

Just throwing this out to the floor. Which version of the Eldar do people think was better: Oldar or Newdar (Craftworld Eldar)? Oldar: Better Obsec with Serpents, Mantle of the Laughing God, Farseer Summoning Spam. Newdar: D weapons, scattpack, some new formations. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Oldar vs Newdar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oldar vs Newdar   Oldar vs Newdar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2015, 11:52

I'd definitely say Newdar. Loss of the all-powerful Wave Serpent hurt them (although it's still a perfectly decent vehicle), as did removing the Mantle (why wasn't this a Harlequin relic?) and the change in psychic disciplines but I think in pretty much every other way they improved, in some cases dramatically. Scatterbikes are infinitely more useful than the old version, the Farseer's runes make him one of the best casters in the game, the new formations are generally awesome (especially Seer Council, Aspect Host and Crimson Death) and the new Wraithknight is hilariously undercosted.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Oldar vs Newdar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oldar vs Newdar   Oldar vs Newdar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2015, 13:15

Newdar.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Oldar vs Newdar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oldar vs Newdar   Oldar vs Newdar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2015, 16:22

I will third the new, if for nothing else the Wraithknight and Wraithguard. But, generally speaking across the dex every unit got better and/or cheaper.

Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

Oldar vs Newdar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oldar vs Newdar   Oldar vs Newdar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2015, 17:12

And honestly every unit appears to be playable now, including Banshees. Sure, there are definitely the better units in the codex, but even a "bad" unit is fairly decent. The new codex seems cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oldar vs Newdar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oldar vs Newdar   Oldar vs Newdar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oldar vs Newdar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-