THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The monthly vow - October

Go down 
+3
punk possum
nexs
spellcheck2001
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

The monthly vow - October Empty
PostSubject: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03 2015, 00:01

Aaaargh nooo I have no arms.......oh wait I have MISSILES instead! Mwahahahahahahaha. Say goodbye to your paper aeroplanes. Try wounding me with your puny poison weapons. I am a garguantuan creature, suck on that! Damn I Hate Tau Wink

Pledge what you plan to acieve below and your achievement shall of course be emblazoned in TDC's patent pending, trademark-lawsuit pending Comorrah purple!TM

Spellcheck2001:- Raider, raider crew, stormwolf, Bjorn the fell handed. Suryat, x2 Sogorats.

Nexs:-Finish Grotesque conversions and paint them, Salamanders commission work (5 termies, 5 scouts, 5-10 tacticals), CWE commission work (another DA exarch, autarch)

Punk Possum:- 2 more harlequins, 5 Angels of vengeance Assault marines,1 Angels of Vengeance company master, a Raven wing biker librarian, 1 angels of vengeance dread and 5 tactical marines.

Count Adhemar:- 6 Cataphract Incindiarii. (3 done)

Vasara:- - 2 Dracosan, 2 Leman Russ, 50 troopers

Mr Pink:- Finish painting 10 hunter kabalite warriors, painting 5 cronos parasite Mandrakes, 1 Cronos parasite engine, 3 reavers, 1 Haemonculus, Finish modeling 3 grotesques

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured

Last edited by spellcheck2001 on Fri Nov 06 2015, 18:49; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07 2015, 23:02

OK, October, time for me to kick your arse!
My pledge for this month:
-Finish Grotesque conversions and paint them
-Salamanders commission work (5 termies, 5 scouts, 5-10 tacticals)
-CWE commission work (another DA exarch, autarch)

I won't get it all done, but that's the goal!

Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08 2015, 00:07

Well given that I'm going all out to finish two projects by the 24th I'm gonna vow
2 more harlequins, 5 Angels of vengeance Assault marines,1 Angels of Vengeance company master and a Raven wing biker librarian.
The last three to go with the Devastators I finished today (seems a bit spoddy to vow 5 dudes I know are already done even if they were done in October)
Ha! I'm with Nexs lets kick Octobers Arse (a bit like Oz did to England now I come to think of it)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09 2015, 09:50

My seemingly neverending vow continues. Onto the final unit for my Hordes army, 6 Cataphract Incindiarii. Then maybe I'll get onto something fun. Watch this space.

punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11 2015, 23:57

Woo hoo I've got my Company master done and I've made a start on the assault marines. Now I just need to pull my finger out, finish the assault dudes and then force my self to spend some quality time with the Quins. Then I can reward my self with painting the Libby that I converted up yonks ago but never quite got round to actually painting...
So for now I present company master Ramiel
 The monthly vow - October 024
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12 2015, 06:59

Continue from my last months 30k project:

Vasara:- - 2 Dracosan, 2 Leman Russ, 50 troopers

The monthly vow - October JE5cQy9DG5_XzWNgqqEbEqJzXQW7svxWJmOEnXy7osYlsrUVxRVCDYHBQzcda6sOJ2fAmZTVPCZKZcsLiVsAEbky_chotHGVTwPT5WZFI-shMTAuWGSJ-eFaZK8ro-W2fY82GEUCWoE7JZh9ytAAArYnTIUQB-nywqekzUuc0NQJFUIBHcD3vf179mF2aIZNpGGDdk_is1NEnEZ0XpkrtNpx5deM4_uz2tNc_3XmfwSyQPOlHevYaO-WMnBOZkLjCiH0O0y8VZh3MWWRCNIa7d97CLGh5oBMYOU_GFNJmtIX8NF_0R6o2lmzbyoWDqeNUxlhQ76NBRRiQ86y5OVmLoRzlP4TlOcR3lpHaG3cdC_7NCzpGJK2kHwfyYe6dEX7jKFAJNk6Bs8uC4duH2f7jZPV0QsT7KbPj-N-BDiL5Lv-O5C389oBv1pRvzC0joKYLWy1S11oP1cYMq9cI2oYaF2LD-ehgK13T8tJLTK97GecPHdgR2rD6wxitVGevg5BlQ1DGT5CfSyoVFC0uZixHvEKQixbSxgVVOOstEnkePY=w800-h600-no

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 01:51

Nice work Solar auxillia?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2015, 23:38

I believe this is my first ever monthly vow. Here's hoping it keeps me on task.

My Vow:

- Finish painting 10 hunter kabalite warriors
- Finish painting 5 cronos parasite Mandrakes
- Paint 1 Cronos parasite engine
- Paint 3 reavers
- Paint 1 Haemonculus
- Finish modeling 3 grotesques

Here's hoping the airbrush helps me along Wink

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16 2015, 04:00

Salamanders. Still need to do freehand flames on calves and a batch of stone/lava bases.
The monthly vow - October DSC_0306_zpsm62pjbkz
The monthly vow - October IMG_20151011_020327_zps2afgkjxb

Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17 2015, 01:47

Sweet looking Sallies, I did some for a friend a while back and that green is a pain to get smooth and vibrant enough.
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17 2015, 01:52

And I've literally just finished my AoV Assault squad (the decals on the Sarge are still wet in the (not very good) picture...
The monthly vow - October 002_3

Still got that Biker Libby and a couple of Quins to go but I'm sort of almost on track to completion...
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17 2015, 02:56

Hey punk, every picture you post your work gets better an better :-) nice one buddy!

Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2015, 01:32

nexs wrote:
Hey punk, every picture you post your work gets better an better :-) nice one buddy!

Thanks a lot I love your stuff so that means a lot to me.
Truth to tell I threw pretty much everything I had at the assault dudes, I was helped out by how nice the basic sculpts are though!
With the company Master I tried to be more restrained because of all the bling he has I didn't want to distract too much with the paint. In hindsight maybe a mistake?
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 01:46

punk possum wrote:

With the company Master I tried to be more restrained because of all the bling he has I didn't want to distract too much with the paint. In hindsight maybe a mistake?  
Nah, El Capitan Skullswordian is pretty boss. If anything, the scabbard gets lost a bit, so I'd add a white/bone mix highlight on each of the skulls to make it pop more.

Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 00:49

Thanks, I'm not gonna lie it might be a while till I work up the enthusiasm to go over the skulls. It'll look better but there are hundreds of the little buggers on that scabbard...
Any hoo inspired by S C's Dreadtober Wraith Knight I've pootled out and purchased a space marine battleforce to add to my Vow so in addition to the 2 Harlequins, 5 Assault marines biker libby I now vow 1 Angels of Vengeance Dreadnaught and 10 tactical marines. I'll never finish it all but I'm determined that the dread at least will be done....
Back to top Go down
punk possum
Kabalite Warrior
punk possum

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 02:33

So I'm very happy to report that my dreadtober angry semi dead angel in a box is done!
The monthly vow - October 796
The sharp eyed amongst you may have already noticed but he is Honoured Brother Octo, in homage to the Dreadtober concept. I've also finally painted my ravenwing biker libby, I only built the conversion about a year ago...
The monthly vow - October 799
I've started on the Tacticals so with a bit of luck and a following wind I should have them done by the end of the month. As for the quins well they are quite time consuming ...
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 06:47

Sweet! Great job dude. That dread is looking fab, as well as that librarian, i am really liking how this army is shaping up. Congrats on completing your dreadtober vow Smile I am hoping to post up mine very shortly, just going through the last varnishing and basing stages

Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 09:32

Some pictures of whole army. Thunderbolt is not mine Sad
The monthly vow - October Y3VJHrw

The monthly vow - October SPwdVkL
Army deployed against Word Bearers with Mechanicum allies.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2015, 11:39

Commission termies done
The monthly vow - October DSC_0328_zpsqasbtsvl
The monthly vow - October DSC_0330_zpsawnfmvnd

Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2015, 22:07

Bjorn the fell handed finished for Dreadtober Smile

The monthly vow - October Image37

The monthly vow - October Image38

The monthly vow - October Image39

The monthly vow - October Image40

The monthly vow - October Image41

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2015, 22:52

Very "cool"

heh heh

Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 10:25

Spellcheck, that Dread is stunning.

I've no idea what its ranged weapon is. I presume it's a wolfgun or wolfcannon or somesuch.

Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 10:28

Thanks Smile

It is a conversion beamer but I am proxying it as a hellfrost cannon cos I think it looks cool Smile

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 15:35

Whatever it is, the whole thing is fantastic. So jealous!

On the subject of my own, seemingly eternal vow, I've managed to complete half of my unit.

Half.

That's 3 models.

In a month.

Will

This

Never

End?

nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 21:27

Lol

PostSubject: Re: The monthly vow - October   The monthly vow - October I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The monthly vow - October
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: