THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

CWE/DE/Grotesquery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

CWE/DE/Grotesquery Empty
PostSubject: CWE/DE/Grotesquery   CWE/DE/Grotesquery I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06 2015, 15:01

Figured I might get some response here more than the Dark Eldar army list page since this list is about 1100 points Eldar.

I have just starting playing this list (or lists similar) and am really loving it so far.

I would like some torment launchers or an archangel, but can't seem to find a place for it. So any suggestions that won't really hurt the power of the army would be greatly appreciated. Also any C&C is always welcome.

I designed this list for more or less the ITC format hence "only" 3 detachments.  In tournaments that don't have detachment restriction then the CWE aspect warriors will be an aspect host. In the aspect host I would also drop one fire dragon and maybe a warp spiders for something else.  Any suggestions here would be awesome.

Here is the list.
+++ Artisan/WK, corpse, Grotqy (1850pts) +++

++ Eldar Craftworlds: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment) ++

+ (No Category) +

Show FW models [3. Fast Attack]

+ HQ +

Autarch [Banshee mask, Fusion gun, Shuriken pistol]

+ Elites +

Fire Dragons [5x Fire Dragon]
····Fire Dragon Exarch [Fusion Gun]

+ Troops +

Windriders [3x Windrider with Scatter laser]

Windriders [3x Windrider with Scatter laser]

+ Fast Attack +

Hornet Squadron *
····Hornet [2x Pulse Laser]

Hornet Squadron *
····Hornet [2x Pulse Laser]

Warp Spiders [5x Warp Spider]
····Warp Spider Exarch [Death Spinner]

+ Heavy Support +

Dark Reapers
····3x Dark Reaper [3x Starshot missiles]
····Dark Reaper Exarch
········Reaper launcher [Starshot Missiles]

+ Lord of War +

Wraithknight [Scatter laser, Two Heavy Wraithcannons]

++ Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (Allied Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Succubus [Archite glaive, Haywire Grenades, Splinter pistol, The Armour of Misery, Webway portal]

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [5x Kabalite Warrior]

+ Fast Attack +

Raider [Disintegrator cannon]

++ Dark Eldar: Supplement - Haemonculus Covens (Formation Detachment) ++

+ Formation +

Formation: Grotesquerie
····Grotesques
········Aberration [Agoniser]
········Grotesque [Close combat weapon]
········Raider [Disintegrator]
····Grotesques
········Raider [Disintegrator]
····Haemonculus [2x Close combat weapon, Sindriq's Sump, Stinger pistol, Webway portal]

One thing I really like is how the Grotesquery and wraithknight work together. If I am feeling rather aggressive I punch the Grotesquery and Knight into the enemy and cause all sorts of problems. It doesn't have to be turn one either. I like to wait for my opponent to spread out a little bit first so that they don't have as many resources to deal with them. The Eldar portion tends to just put enough wounds on units to force LD checks near the freakshow units and armour of misery. Love it. Hoping to get a few more games in next week

Kabalite Warrior

CWE/DE/Grotesquery Empty
PostSubject: Re: CWE/DE/Grotesquery   CWE/DE/Grotesquery I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 16:00

That's a lot of stuff for 1850. Impressive squeezing it all in. Why not take a Haemonculi instead of a Succubus? She's a great model, but she can't hold her own in close combat much better than the Haemonculi. If you took another Haemonculi, then each of your grot quads gets a leader and you can drop the Aberration. At least you then get the PFP bump for both squads. Hornets are Aces!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

CWE/DE/Grotesquery Empty
PostSubject: Re: CWE/DE/Grotesquery   CWE/DE/Grotesquery I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 16:26

Yeah, I'd agree with the Haem over the Succubus. AP2 is nice in melee but getting Fearless turn 1 and IWND turn 3 is pretty important. Plus he's cheaper!

colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

CWE/DE/Grotesquery Empty
PostSubject: Re: CWE/DE/Grotesquery   CWE/DE/Grotesquery I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 19:27

Thanks guys. She is mostly there because I love the model, but I can see having another haemonculus.

The succubus often goes with the fire dragons when I really need that accurate deep strike to work so the autarch often goes in the second Grot unit to help unit turn two when they become fearless. I would like a void shield generator a lot in this list to help counter drop pod armies/alpha lists. And to give some solid protection so deploying the majority of my forces is more viable than often relying on reserves. But am unsure of where I would get those points efficiently?

CWE/DE/Grotesquery Empty
PostSubject: Re: CWE/DE/Grotesquery   CWE/DE/Grotesquery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CWE/DE/Grotesquery
Page 1 of 1