THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List   1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15 2015, 09:18

Hi guys! (jump the intro and go directly to the list if you don't have time to waste)

After the most twisted years I've ever lived, its time to grab life by the balls (spaniard phrase, but I think it's universally understood) and start having fun once again. Which in part means killing stuff with my beloved dark eldars.

Unfortunately my gaming group is in a catatonic state, and I've played like 3 times in the last 2 years, the shame; so I went to a hobby shop in a nearby town where people seem really kind, and they do competitions each month! Hooray!

But I'm in a bad shape (gaming-wise), that's why I came for help to the dark city.
On to the list:

(EDIT: I checked it and the list is not legal.... go to the last post)
1500 points Dark Eldar faction

Realspace Raiders Detachment

Succubus (in venom with Incubi)
Archite Glaive

4 Incubi, Klaivex
Venom, 2nd Splinter Cannon

5 Incubi, Klaivex
Venom, 2nd Splinter Cannon

10 Kabalite Warriors, Sybarite
Raider, Dark Lance, Night Shields, Splinter Racks

5 Trueborn Kabalite Warriors, 4 Blasters
Raider, Dark Lance, Night Shields

5 Trueborn Kabalite Warriors, 4 Blasters
Raider, Dark Lance, Night Shields

Razorwing Jetfighter, Dark Lances, Night Shields

Any advice will be welcomed
(Note: I own no more vehicles apart from 2 Ravagers)

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar

Last edited by Eldur on Mon Oct 19 2015, 10:09; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List   1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16 2015, 04:39

I like it but it seems dark lance heavy in my opinion, I would drop the 3 on the gunboats to Dissy cannons- Those eat marines for lunch.

So much ignores cover and ignores jink out there, the nightshields are a point sink. Same as the sybarite, the extra pip of leadership isn't worth it imho, and Ive playtested the heck out of it. Splinter rack gunboats are awesome, I run two in my tournament list, and with 8 man squads in them and nothing else.

If you drop all the night shields and the sybarites as well as 3 dark lances you get 135 points, which is a 6 man squad of reaver jet bikes with double cluster caltrops. Absolutely amazing unit, multi purpose and vicious in an assault. I run mine with an arena champ and agoniser just in case I get stuck in.

My two cents Smile

Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List   1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17 2015, 17:17

I'd love to include some reavers.. unfortunately I don't have them (still).

I think it's better to list what I own apart from the listed stuff...

3 grotesques
2 ravagers
3xhaemonculi and urien
10 wracks
archon
lots of wyches
more kabalites (including 4xsplinter cannons and 2xdark lances)
5 hellions
...and 10,000+ points of CW eldar (almost everything but jetbikes)

I'd like to go DE-only... what would you do with +100 spare points after getting rid of stuff? Or should I get rid of something else and get other units?

EDIT: maybe add a dissintegrator Ravager??

EDIT#2: 4 elites, so the list is not legal... I'll remove the Incubi squad.
This gives me a few options...

1 or 2 dissintegrator ravagers (if I remove the now-empty venom and also the sybarites, some lances and some shields)

Archon with WWP and 3 medusae in venom (my converted haemonculi with goo-bleeding-trumpet liquifiers also count-as them fairly well)

Please, help!!!

Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List   1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 06:45

I think Dissies on the raiders is the best choice rather than a dedicated Dissie ravager; The raider will always shoot at full BS, you are positioning for anti infantry anyway, and its 5 points each.

Bikes are so amazing I would really consider them. But without that 5 man Incubi and the other proposed changes we've freed up 310 points. A scalpel squadron with 2 double cannon venoms 10 wracks and 2 liquifiers is 260. The incubi squad is like 175- so dropping it and 85 points elsewhere gives you a great drop unit with some real first turn/objective stealing pressure.

With your model list, and keeping your inclinations in mind, I think this may do well. It gives you some great options, it pressures, it has a lot of lance as you seem to prefer, and packs some serious oomph. The single medusae goes with the incubi/succubus in their raider. It has nightshields because lets face it, you want to get that unit into turn 2 assault. The ravager has Night shields so you can find a piece of 5+ cover and get a 4+ save without jinking, ideally not moving it and firing all 3 lances every turn. You do lose one of your trueborn units, but I think the ravager is a balance at least. And its still basically what you started with.

Total Roster Cost: 1500

Court of the Archon,
. 1 Medusae,
1 Succubus,  Archite Glaive
5 Incubi
. 1 Klaivex
. .1 Raider,  Enhanced Aethersails Night Shields

5 Kabalite Trueborn,  Blaster x4
.1 Raider, Dark Lance x1

10 Kabalite Warriors,
.1 Raider, Splinter Racks

10 Kabalite Warriors,

10 Kabalite Warriors,

1 Ravager, Dark Lance x3, Night Shields

1 Razorwing Jetfighter, Dark Lance x2 Splinter Cannon x1

Formation: Scalpel Squadron

5 Wracks,  Liquifier Gun x1
. 1 Venom,  Splinter Cannon

5 Wracks,  Liquifier Gun x1
. 1 Venom,  Splinter Cannon

Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List   1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 10:48

I also toyed with the idea of a scalpel squadron. It allows the null deployment if I face an alpha strike army. It can also act as a distraction. It's a shame that the liquifiers are such bad options, i'd change them for ossefactors
The medusae can't join another squad, he would need a lone transport but it's not practical.

I'll be jinking a lot with my gunboats from the moment I start shooting at enemy infantry. the dark lances are there to pop transports in the first turns and at longer ranges if the enemy is mechanized.

Thnk you for your help. In a moment I'll post some beta-lists.

Option #1

Succubus; Archite Glaive, Armour of Misery
Incubi x4; Klaivex upg.
Raider; Night Shields, Dark Lance

Kabalite Warriors x10
Raider; Splinter Racks, Night Shields, Dark Lance

Kabalite Warriors x10

Kabalite Warriors x10

Trueborn Kabalite Warriors; 4xBlasters
Raider; Night Shields, Dark Lance

Ravager

Razorwing Jetfighter; Splinter Cannon, Night Shields

Scalpel Squadron Formation

5 Wracks; Ossefactor
Venom, Splinter Cannon

5 Wracks; Ossefactor
Venom, Splinter Cannon

Option #2

Succubus; Archite Glaive, Armour of Misery
Incubi x4; Klaivex upg.
Raider; Night Shields

Kabalite Warriors x10

Kabalite Warriors x10

Kabalite Warriors x10

Venom; Splinter Cannon

Venom; Splinter Cannon

Ravager

Ravager

Razorwing Jetfighter; 2x Dark Lances

For my playing style (and alpha/beta strike potential) I prefer number 2, but I'm not closing any doors still.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List   1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Realspace Raiders Tournament List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: