THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Troops on jink

Go down 
+4
Klaivex Charondyr
CptMetal
Mushkilla
kuni
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kuni
Hellion
kuni

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 09:16

Hey I have been trying to find why everyone here is saying that if a transport jinks, the men inside can fire normally, but only the vehicle snap shoots. Have read through the rule book a couple times and tried searching here and can't find why, it's being debated at my gaming group. Cheers guys
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 09:35

Only models with the Jink rule have to fire Snap Shots. Passengers don't have the jink special rule and therefore don't have to fire Snap Shots.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
kuni
Hellion
kuni

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 09:57

My rule book says
"When a unit with any models with the jink special rule"
It does say all models must have the jink special rule. Troops in a dedicated transport would count as a unit so to me it sounds like they would be snap shooting...

I'm just trying to clarify, I want my guys to fire normally lol.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 10:13

Where are you from and where in your book do you find it?

Dracon
CptMetal

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 10:14

Oh, and transports and passengers count as two units.

Hellion
kuni

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 10:38

I'm in Australia.

page 84 mini rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 14:50

Quote :
It does say all models must have the jink special rule. Troops in a dedicated transport would count as a unit so to me it sounds like they would be snap shooting...

They are 2 different units.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 15:20

The relevant rule question is Jink and what it does.
If you look up the special rule it notes that all MODELS in the unit WITH JINK get a 4+ cover save but they can only snapfire next turn.

First off - passengers in a transport probably don't have the Jink rule, so they don't get the save nor do they get the snapfire effect (nor are they being shot at, nor are they declaring Jink, but we're just covering bases here).

Secondly - there is nowhere in the book that indicates that a transport and its passengers count as a single unit, so even if you think anyone in the unit, even without Jink, would snapfire - the passengers still wouldn't have that issue.

Make sense?

Back to top Go down
kuni
Hellion
kuni

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2015, 06:23

Yeah it does. Awesome. Thank you for taking the time and clarifying it for me. Much appreciated... Ps. Thor is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Wulfvin
Hellion
Wulfvin

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 19:09

This is a good reason to keep your dudes in your transport and run around the board. Seems to have worked for me for the most part. With NS, Raider's Jink on 3+ and snap fire, while the rest of your dudes inside continue to led down that splinter shots.

Archon
Thor665

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 20:23

kuni wrote:
Yeah it does. Awesome. Thank you for taking the time and clarifying it for me. Much appreciated... Ps. Thor is awesome!
Glad it helped! Wink

Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 07:18

Thor665 wrote:
Secondly - there is nowhere in the book that indicates that a transport and its passengers count as a single unit, so even if you think anyone in the unit, even without Jink, would snapfire - the passengers still wouldn't have that issue.

I think this is where the confusion comes in, it doesn't say that anymore.

pp. 80-82 transports describes shooting at different targets than the vehicle does, rules for embarking and disembarking,  and vehicle damage and how it affects passengers but it no longer clearly separates the two.

That being said your first point was spot on. Passengers clearly do not gain a benefit from jink, nor are they even a targetable unit, so they would not gain the penalty either.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 07:26

Darkgreen Pirate wrote:
Thor665 wrote:

Conversely, nowhere in the book does it say that they are a single unit, so we revert to the default position of being two separate units.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 18:26

Count Adhemar wrote:
Darkgreen Pirate wrote:
Thor665 wrote:

Conversely, nowhere in the book does it say that they are a single unit, so we revert to the default position of being two separate units.
Exactly - the base state is that they are separate, per the definition of units. Since embarking does not make them the same unit per any rule then they stay separate.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Troops on jink Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troops on jink   Troops on jink I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Troops on jink
Page 1 of 1