THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Restoring the Archon to former glory

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

Restoring the Archon to former glory Empty
PostSubject: Restoring the Archon to former glory   Restoring the Archon to former glory I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 20:31

I think that all the Archon really needs is something like the following two items added to his profile:

Weapons of Peerless Quality:
Archons have access to weapons of the very best craftsmanship in Commorragh.

10 pts: the Archon may make any one of his weapons AP2, from the following list:
power sword, huskblade, agonizer, djinn blade.

5 pts: The Archon may replace one of his weapons with a venom blade.

Archon combat drugs:
Archons purchase drugs that are specifically suited to their personal inclinations.

The archon may choose one of the following:

10 pts: +1 S
10 pts: +1 T
10 pts: Rampage
Back to top Go down
Carcearion
Slave
Carcearion

PostSubject: Re: Restoring the Archon to former glory   Restoring the Archon to former glory I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26 2016, 17:56

Another way to go might also be giving him access to, or just making it so all his weapons count as master crafted.

they also desperately need to give him biker and sky board options.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Restoring the Archon to former glory   Restoring the Archon to former glory I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26 2016, 23:02

More options is always good.

Power Weapons other than swords are a must for the next codex, btw.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Restoring the Archon to former glory   Restoring the Archon to former glory I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2016, 18:37

I don't think archons and succubi (and indeed any eldar characters) will ever be as deadly as they should be until they finally make WS matter as much as it should. Make it like the 'to wound' chart, where every point higher or lower is a significant change. For example, a space marine captain would hit an archon on 5+, a succubus on 6+. By the same token a kabalite warrior would have a very hard time hitting the captain, while an Avatar of Khaine or Bloodthirster would laugh at all of them.

You would have to have a serious points cost overhaul of course, but you would end up with characters that actually do use skill rather than heavy armour to win, like they're supposed to. Taking a shadow field and hoping it doesn't fail is not a satisfactory solution. Eldar characters should be expensive character and utterly deadly, especially in one-on-one fights. As it is, even a very basic space marine captain is going to beat one, AP2 or not.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restoring the Archon to former glory   Restoring the Archon to former glory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Restoring the Archon to former glory
Page 1 of 1