THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fioater
Slave
fioater

1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) Empty
PostSubject: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 23:45

Hi Guys,

Just after some critique on a few lists I'm looking at for an upcoming tourney. Working to some pretty strict restrictions for the tourney, trying to have a single detachment and use no more than 6 community comp credits (community comp is a pretty complex system for comp we use in East Coast Australia, located here if anyone is interested - http://www.communitycomp.org).

Onto the lists:

Option 1. RSR Formation
Succubus, Glaive, Armor of Missery

4 x Grots, Raider, Lance, Sails

5 x Warriors, Venom, extra Cannon
5 x Warriors, Venom, extra Cannon

5 x Scourges, 4 x Haywire Blaster
6 x Reavers, 2 x Caltrops, 2 x Blaster
Razorwing, 2 x Lance, 2 monoscythe, 2 necrotoxin
1 x Beastmaster, Agoniser, 10 x Khymerae

Ravager, 3 x Lance
Ravager, 3 x Lance

-----------
Option 2. RSR Formation
Same as above, but dropping a ravager and the Beastmaster unit, and adding in
2 x Talos, 2 x Ichor Injector, 2 x Haywire Baster

-----------
Option 3. Coven Coterie
Urien
Haemy, Agoniser, Nightmare Doll

5 x Wracks, Ossefactor, Venom, extra Cannon
5 x Wracks, Ossefactor, Venom, extra Cannon

2 x Talos, 2 x Heat Lance, 2 x Ichor Injector
1 x Cronos, FNP Buff thingie (can never remember if its probe, syphon or vortex...)

I think all 3 lists have their merits. 1 is obviously the most flexible, has a nice mix or ranged and melee, 2 is a bit more resilient with the pain engines, but loses some ranged AT and mass melee attacks.

List 3 is where I'd like to be, but I think covens just suffers to much from ranged AT issues, and I can't fit enough raiders into 1350 points to compensate. I expect the tourney to have a large number of demi-companies, so I'm expecting a large number of 'free' transports, hence my concern.

I'm also not used to running the Grots without the Grotesquerie formation. I'm expecting they will lose a lot of punch, but the single detachment kinda screws me there. I'd like to keep them in as well, as this tourney is 50% paint and modelling, and I think the custom builds will gain me some good points there.

-Fioater

PS - Sorry for the rather lengthy post...
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 01:20

Looks like I'll have some fellow true kin there (assuming this is for Arc).

Why did you put the beast pack in the first one? Just because you like them?

Can you mix 1 with 3 and have a grotesquerie and a DE CAD? Without crunching the numbers, you may be able to get away with succubus, 2 kabalite squads and the ravagers with the grotesquerie.
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 01:28

Hi Nexs,

Yep, this is for Arc.

I originally had the RSR and Grotesquerie setup, but I'm trying hard to keep within the restrictions (and get the bonus points for a single detachment). I'll determine if the Grots are OK without the bonus during playtests, and might juts have to take the penalty in the end.

The beast pack I've never used before. I thought adding in some extra fast combat punch might be worthwhile, and as most people don't really know DE that well, the stigma from the previous beast pack might make them a priority target over my more important stuff. Once again, will come down to playtesting.

What are your thoughts on the Coven only list? I've seen a fair few demi-company posts, so I'm a little worried about mass transports and covens lack of ranged AT. Coven was what I really wanted to take, but I don't think it fits the meta for the points cost/restrictions at Arc.

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 01:44

That's a good point, if you want the bonus for arc-forged. That's what I'm going with(just about to post my list for C&C too).

I don't really like the covens stuff as main detachment, mainly because I love the archon and kabal fluff (traditionally the ones who organise raids, control commorragh etc.), so I see the covens as a means to an end. But that's for my Kabal and persona tastes.

You could probably deal with armour if you bought raiders for everyone and put a lance on each. I feel that a Talos might attract enough attention that he'd die before his heat lance would be used to great effect Sad
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 02:56

I've always been the Wych Cult fanboy ( have 60 of the old metal wyches left over from 5ed, when Wych Cult was absolutely brutal on the table. Also have about 40 of the new ones Sad ), so decided to give Covens a go now that we have a dex.

I think it would be OK if you could run scourges, but otherwise under the single detachment, I don't think it's viable for Arc, so trying to get some elements into the RSR detachment.

I'm leaning towards list 2 a bit more though. It brings the Taloi and Grots, and some decent ranged AT firepower. I'd usually run Incubi, but I've sidelined them to try out reavers and/or beasts. I think the Taloi could hold there own at the low points cost.

Need to get some playtesting in either way Smile

Oh, btw, the original non arc-forged list was:
RSR
Succubus, Glaive, Armour
5 warriors, venom, extra cannon
5 warriors, venom, extra cannon
5 scourges, 4 haywire
6 reavers, 2 caltrops, 2 blaster
1 beastmaster, 10 doggies

Grotesquerie
Urien
4 Grots, Raider, Lance, Sails
4 Grots, Raider, Lance, Sails

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 03:06

Are you expecting to see wraithknights at arc? (talos with injector)

Are you planning on running the succubus alone?
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 03:21

Succubus with Grots, same idea as with your Archon, just gives them the extra punch vs things which tarpit them.

I'm not sure about WraithKnights. I'd say no for both them and Knights, but theres always the possibility, and I always seem to get stuck playing the unfriendly lists. ( I had 5 Eldar and 1 Tau out of 8 games at CanCon 2014 Sad )

I think the Talos will just be a good resilient unit to draw some firepower away from the things which actually do damage (Grots and Reavers) at this points level. They are just pretty solid all round and scare the hell out of people. I think its left over from the 5ed codex days, everyone still thinks Venoms, Incubi, beasts and Talos are overpowered, even though, our codex has changed a fair bit since then...

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 04:43

If you're not expecting gargantuans, why bother with ichor injectors? At S7, most things are ID anyway, and wounding anything <T6 on 2's anyway (with flesh gauntlet you'll get re-rolls)
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 04:49

Good point. It'd save me 20 points as well Smile

That should leave me with about 34 points spare in list 2. Maybe 2 more Scourges for extra bodies.

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 04:54

instead of adding to the scourges, would it be worth splitting the reavers into 2 squads and adding a bike to each squad as a wound buffer?
Back to top Go down
fioater
Slave
fioater

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 05:19

Yeah, that could work. It doesn't cost another comp point until you have 9 bikes, so 8 should be good.

Either as a single unit or split, that would be good. I suppose 12 or 13 kill points doesn't really matter, its still much higher than any other army.

-Fioater
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30 2015, 05:22

Might also give you the option of reserving 2 fast objective scorers
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych
nexs

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2016, 02:11

How did you go with your list?
I gave away the arc forged so my list could be fluffier.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07 2016, 02:30

Have you tested this list yet and if so how did it do?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)   1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1350 Tourney TAC List (Mono DE)
Page 1 of 1