THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilosocereus
Hellion
Pilosocereus

Location : Earth, I think. Well yes, in some form or another: Earth.

New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  Empty
PostSubject: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04 2015, 22:39

Hello underlings *cough* I mean people, who may or may not wonder things about myself. I am Mr. Pilosocereus. Btw if you google Pilosocereus you will find it means cactus.

I started 40k late 4th, early 5th. But never really understood the rules till 6th (of which I still don't have the 7th rule-book and try to remember all the changes- Not doing bad either)
I started with orks, but due to lack of money, and my puppy eating most of what I had [Hive fleet Lola ehh?] I decided to play true kin.

I have had my first box of warriors. Painted some of it. Started to to magnetize everything so I have more things to do. They are coming along nicely, but why rush perfection? So I have that going for me, I guess. Got to make sure my little cavalier puppy, or the two old ones, don't eat my models though.

Yeah, if your wondering how it happened. Well just know that I was angry.. But what are you going to do, it was like fate saying "orks are lame, play a real army", either that or any excuse not to skin her.... -I love my dog, don't find and kill me, please?

Any tips or helpful comments, or insults, so that I can cry a river and drown you in it, you nasty spineless coward? (The last bit is only meant for nasty spineless cowards.) Anything is welcome. Usually.

Thanks for your time. -Pilosocereus
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08 2015, 17:08

Hah that's kind of funny actually. Nothing like having a dog around to eat some GW gold every once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
Pilosocereus
Hellion
Pilosocereus

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08 2015, 20:36

I'll tell my dog you said hello. After I let her loose in a GW executives house.

I mean: "Yeah"

"After spraying your project, allow the solvent to completely evaporate before mating for immediate bond.  Once mated, you cannot reposition your substrates."

(-http://www.adhesives.org/adhesives-sealants/adhesive-selection/types-of-glue-glue-tips)
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15 2015, 23:06

Ah the dangers of minions, my dear minions have to be watched constantly as they're used to nomming space marines (while I laugh manacingly) here's one admiring my Archon PalaceNew to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  Dscn2613

On a serious note though Dark Eldar are great but thanks to GW nerfing pretty much EVERYTHING they're notoriously difficult to play. I'm still learning the rules of 40K having only started playing as a protest to Age of Sigma so I'm not surprised I haven't ever won (my army's also very small, less than 1500). Don't bother with Wychs they've been nerfed to the point that they're only use is as canon fodder. On the plus side though our fighter jets are cheap in comparison to other armies the Voidraven Bomber is only 160 points and you can upgrade to a Dark Scythe (blast weapon so good for taking out troops) for free. The other thing I'd recommend is Scourges, they're jump infantry so they have Deep Strike and if you equip them with heavy weapons they can do some serious damage. If I think up anything else I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Rathian
Kabalite Warrior
Rathian

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 10:50

Ah yes, the many breads of "Warhound Scout Titan" that exist to make our lives rcher. I found my mate's chocolate lab happily munching on one of my CSM terminators. the chew marks actually made it look like it'd been through the warp.

Razorwing jet = awesome. I've tormented my mate's Dark Angels with it so much (11 dead Deathwing terminators in our last game) that he's going out of his way to field an anti-flyer element in his army lists... distraction razorwing? It's worked beautifully.

Hellion
Pilosocereus

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 18:24

Y'know what the best unit is? Hellions. They look great!

AHAHAHA, Maybe in 8th to raise model sales.. Ahah, Ohh. Never. Gw would rather stick a Pilosocereus in their rear.

"After spraying your project, allow the solvent to completely evaporate before mating for immediate bond.  Once mated, you cannot reposition your substrates."

(-http://www.adhesives.org/adhesives-sealants/adhesive-selection/types-of-glue-glue-tips)
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 23:08

Hellions are good but they don't have a lot of upgrades they can only take the splinter pods on their boards so once you deep strike better attack and get out of there fast! They have Hit & Run so its doable but you gotta be prepared to take losses. I've gotten better use out of my Reavers personally (6 models with hammer of wrath and hit & run, yes please)

Personally I found a good unit is Kabalite Trueborn, I have a very naughty thing which I use ESPECIALLY when up against Tau. Take a unit of Kabalite Trueborn and give them all Splinter Canons then stick them on a raider (if you add Splinter racks say hello re-rolls) and drive it around with the crew just ripping into everyone. Seeing the smug smirk of Tau players turn to jaw dropping really works for me, they keep a straight face but inside they're dying, that gives me a nice tingly feeling

Hellion
Pilosocereus

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 23:12

I like that Idea, Also like the idea of using Beast-masters (nothing but) Instead of hellions.

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 23:35

I've not used beastmasters before so I can't say if they're any good in game, keep me in the loop if they're good. Also remember flyers are your friends.

Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 07:11

You could convert Grotesques to be thematically based on grafted Gymnocalycium hybrids. Maybe have the upper body of Wrack emerging from between their shoulder blades or something.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.    New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to "thedarkcity" and Dark Eldar in general.
Page 1 of 1