THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark eldar /eldar proxy??

Go down 
+5
The Shredder
The Red King
Nariaklizhar
Squidmaster
kingokingo
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kingokingo
Slave
kingokingo

Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? Empty
PostSubject: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 12:56

Hey folks

I like my dark eldar, but in a need for compeditiveness i started playing with eldar alies (20-30% Eldar). For the purpose of looks in like to proxy my eldar with DE models. My question is:
How much conversion would you guys do, in order that no mistakes can be maken?
The Eldar i use is:
Scatter bikes – i use reaver bikes ofc, and is planning to but the scatter laser on. Would that be enough of a conversion? And what could be done to make then look more scatter bikeish.
(BTW where can I find cheap scatterlasers??)

Firedragons - Those i havnt figuret out yet. I might just go with the real model, and then making them more DE (chains/skulls/spikes/other heads). Els i might go with standart warriors geared out with melta weapons.

Autach – I normaly run him with wings, melta pistol and shard. I would like to use the wings of a scourge, and the body of either a archon or a scourge. I got big plans for this guy.

Would you guys feel playing with this kind of conversions compeditive?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 13:02

In most competitive tournaments I've seen they've usually looked down quite a bit on full-on using one army to represent another.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 13:41

I agree with squid. You need to make an obvious attempt to demonstrate they are lagit Eldar models with Dark Eldar flair. The reavers with skat laser won't work. Now if you are just playing friendly games, its up to whom ever you play to decide if they are cool with it or not. The group I play with don't mind any proxy's I use
Back to top Go down
kingokingo
Slave
kingokingo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 13:44

øvøv:(

What about useing a "full" conversion of a model, like my idea of a autach? would i have to convert useing the real model and adding De flair?
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 13:55

I think your idea of the Autarch is iffy. You mentioned the wings of a scourge and the body of a scourge. Isn't that pretty much a scourge model? Use the wings for sure, but you may have to get more creative after that. But who knows, maybe you have an idea that I just can't visualize. Start working on him and post pics here. Guys on this site would be down to give you some good modeling advise I'm sure
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 16:06

I highly recommend you paint them differently.

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 16:37

It might depend on your group. Mine is pretty lax about proxies, and conversions are pretty much always fine. You'd probably just have to say what things were representing at the beginning of the game. But, if I was going for stricter conversions:

With regard to Scatterbikes, two further possibilities:
- Eldar bikes don't have the vertical fin at the back, so you could cut that off.
- Maybe use a Warrior head for the rider, rather than a wych one?

With regard to Fire Dragons, how about converting weapons from either Shredders (cutting off the blades at the end of the barrel), or Dark Lances (cutting off the thin section of the barrel)? Either way, have 5 of them and just paint the guys fiery colours.

With regard to the Autarch... have fun. Smile
I think character conversions tend to be well-received, so you'll probably be fine here.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 17:59

My autarch on jetbike is a dark elf cold one commander with a scourge head for banshee mask. A blaster for his ummm meltagun? And grenade pack strapped to his leg. No complaints.

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 18:04

If it's any use, here's my winged Corsair Prince for the upcoming book:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kingokingo
Slave
kingokingo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 23:09

Well, i am mainly playing friendly games. But i would like to do some conversion that could function in compeditive use.

Shredder: Taking the top fin off, would dramaticly change the look. I think i am ganna make a test model to try it out. Nice ideas:)

I tryed to make the changes on a reaver
Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? 20151112

It takes a lot of the speed and CC look of the reaver. I might wanna change the rider to a more upright position, to make him more shooty looking.

i like your corsair prince, reminds me of illidan

Last edited by kingokingo on Wed Nov 11 2015, 23:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 23:39

kingokingo wrote:
Well, i am mainly playing friendly games. But i would like to do some conversion that could function in compeditive use.

Shredder: Taking the top fin off, would dramaticly change the look. I think i am ganna make a test model to try it out. Nice ideas:)

Glad you like the idea.

I'd be interested in seeing your Autarch conversion when it's done - especially if you end up putting scourge wings on an archon. Partially because I might do some more winged-corsair conversions in the future, and I'd be interested to see how and where you attach the wings. But also because I just like seeing nice conversions. Smile

kingokingo wrote:
i like your corsair prince, reminds me of illidan

Thanks. I hadn't actually noticed the resemblance to Illidan.

Now that I have, I'm thinking that I still have some unassembled Mandrakes. I wonder if I could fashion some horns and a double-blade onto one of them...
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 00:35

That top fin idea looks great!
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 06:03

I am a bit late to the party, but I actively disagree. I feel that so long as the loadout is wysiwyg you could play with an army of smurfs and play them as ultramarines. If they are the right size and armed correctly the rest of the model shouldn't matter, in so far as it shouldn't automatically fail to conform to your overall theme.

Have you all seen the Mr. Potato Head Stompa? or The Ork "allied" Imperial knight? If you have a theme and story you want to tell you shouldn't let the strictness of the rules constrict you. That's why Exodite armies are allowed.

Wysiwyg and to scale tho, but theme is paramount.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 10:06

Oh for sure "fun" games are fine, but on a competitive scene it wouldn't be allowed.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 10:09

Again I disagree. Both bao and itc published rules have explicit clauses for counts as. Do your theme well and make sure the scale is right and ofc wysiwyg and you might just win for style points.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 16:04

amorrowlyday wrote:
I am a bit late to the party, but I actively disagree.

Okay, you actively disagree... with what? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 16:07

amorrowlyday wrote:
I am a bit late to the party, but I actively disagree. I feel that so long as the loadout is wysiwyg you could play with an army of smurfs and play them as ultramarines.

Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? 31908_addf2334c0092115c9b9de429982be80

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 16:11

That's amazing.

Are the Smurf huts drop pods?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 16:13

I'm guessing so. And I would absolutely love to play against that army!!

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 14:44

I wouldn't. Imagine the humiliation if you lost.

"Hah! You got beaten by smurfs!" Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 15:05

Yeah but you get to be annihilated by Smurfturions, Smurftalons, Smurfnaughts etc. Very Happy

stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 16:05

Dark angels would beat them every time.  They get Azrael right?  

Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? Latest?cb=20090617212531
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 16:10

lol!

I think that army needs to fight a Dark Eldar army led by Haemonculus Gargamel.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 18:18

Actually to keep with the scale, I think gargamel should be a gargantuan creature.  A wraithknight maybe?  If it was the new, warp spider one you could count his butterfly net as the doomweaver(s).

Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? Ab663f7de6c4ecf3c6982a4039b4ceca

I probably find this way funnier than I should.
Back to top Go down
kingokingo
Slave
kingokingo

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 18:59

Back from the smufts xD
I have been thinking of my autach idea and wath biys to get:
Legs: scourge
Torso: arxhon (nee model with cape)
Arms: warrior with a fusion gun and a homemade shard of anaris
Head: warrior with the "hair" og a autach or a direvenger
Ofc qith same added small bits: haywire nates, other back piece, some greenatuff, same chains and a nice base?

I think that the head is the most importen part between a eldar and a de.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark eldar /eldar proxy??   Dark eldar /eldar proxy?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eldar /eldar proxy??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next