THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the Darkened Light

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

The Kabal of the Darkened Light Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the Darkened Light   The Kabal of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 07:29

Kabal of the Darkened Light

The Kabal of the Darkened Light 2eph5s4
~Memorable Words of Archon Illitriz~
We had it all
Yet we lost it all
And one day, we shall gain it all
There are many kabals that struggle in Commorragh, however, there are few that strugglequite as much as the Darkened Light. Already a poor, weak kabal, their problem only worsened due to their foolish, oh so foolish "Archon" Allekhal.

How They Came To Be

The Archon Allekhal, once the proud, if you could call him that, archon of a . . . "powerful" kabal, is now nothing more than a head on a pike. How that came to be you may be wondering? Well do not fear, as your questions are answered in the next few paragraphs.

Allekhal, Archon of the small kabal known as the Darkened Light, was cocky and arrogant. The only reason he was their Archon was because he managed to best the old one, Archon Las'Kalo, from his  rightful place. An amazing fighter that had defeated the Archon with ease. At first, he appeared to be good, until the members began to realize that he made mistakes and was arrogant. If any of them could defeat him they would've already.

Now you're probably wondering why the members of the Kabal have stayed, and that is due to the fact that if you are to leave the kabal, the Archon's four bodyguards will do whatever it takes to hunt you down and destroy you. Eradicate you from existence. Trust me, there are many that have tried and they all but disappear.

Who are these four bodyguards and why haven't they turned against him is probably your next question. Well, it's simple. They're four hired incubi. Incubi of the highest calibre that may even be skillful enough to beat the legendary Allekhal in a close quarters battle.

Things were peaceful for a time being within the kabal. (Well, as peaceful as things can be when in the realm of bloodthirsty maniacs.) That is, until the foolish archon made a grave mistake. The mistake? Attacking a large outpost planet of the Imperium that had an entire chapter of marines and two regiments of guardsmen.

Why do this? What is the tactical reasoning? There was none. Allekhal just wanted a reason to brag to the other kabals. To show he was great. Greater than the Black Heart even. Greater than the great Asdrubel Vect. And was he?

No. He died to a guardsman with a laspistol whilst slaughtering a small group of conscripts. Not a heroic way to go. But hey, the bastard deserved it. After all, he even had the entire scheme of the kabal changed from violet and dark turquoise changed to that of blue and tan. Why? Because he wanted his people to know who was in charge.

Did the entire kabal get destroyed at what would be known as the Darkened Light Massacre? No. There was a small fleet that escaped. Barely numbering three hundred. Who took charge?

The Klaivex that was Allekhal's "Second in Command" if you could call any incubus that. Why would an Incubi want this responsibility do this? He didn't. He wanted to go serve a more powerful kabal. But why didn't he? Because for some reason the survivors wanted him in charge. A not so common occurrence in the Dark City.

Why would they want him in charge? It was simple really, very clear. They wanted a wise man to lead them back to their glory. They wanted to come back from the depths of poverty. So, grudginly, he accepted the responsibility, with the added note that he would leave when his duty was fulfilled.

When they arrived back in the Dark City the small fleet headed for their Kabal Fortress to find it in ruins. A rival kabal had destroyed their only home. Their only haven. (If there can be a haven in the Dark City)

What did they do? They left. The new Archon Illitriz was no fool. He was a master of the arts of war. And, with his knowledge, he guided his small kabal to the monkeigh realm and began to strike at small, weak outpost planets. They gathered what they could to repair their few functioning crafts and acquired slaves that could be used for the kabal's darkest desires. And trust me, dark eldar can come up with pretty messed up things.

Combat Doctrine

Masters of hit-and-run. Archon Illitriz hired new incubi that he deemed worthy to serve him, going about in his personal venom with his guard destroying the highest priority targets. Kabalites of both trueborns and test tubes wield their blasters and the occasional splintercannons in groups of 5, riding about on their venom transports mauling down troops, or tanks if need be.

Before heading out into the monkeigh realm Illitriz hired a notable amount of scourges, equipping them with haywire blasters to destroy vehicles, aircraft, and fortifications alike.

A few ravagers were converted, as their originals had all been destroyed. They were created from salvaged razorwing jetfighters that were missing wings or needed armor. They were then equipped with disintegrator cannons to destroy any highly armoured targets. However, the occasional few are equipped with darklances for the deadliest of vehicles. And, of course, many razorwings and voidravens are still functioning, flying in to destroy enemy fliers and highly armoured targets, dropping missiles on grouped targets.

Technology
Little do they have. They run ragged, battle-scarred vehicles. Ruined in beauty. But the Archon cares little for beauty. He cares for one thing, and that is to bring the kabal back to its former standing and even more so that he may leave and be replaced by, you guessed it, another fool.

Organization

Archon Illitriz rules the kabal with an iron fist. He is stubborn, and fierce and an expert tactictian. He knows many things and is capable of sharing his thoughts with ease. As if he were the most prized writer in the galaxy.

Below him are his personal incubi, the only men he trusts. They protect him from danger at all cost and rarely allow their Archon to see combat.

And, even farther down, are the engineers. Yes, engineers. Above trueborn. They are the most valued men in the kabal. Without them over half the aircraft would be in ruins.

Then, you guessed it, the trueborn. They excel in combat. They excel at everything really, besides close combat.

Scourges are next on the list, only above the test tube kabalites. Which, honestly, is no surprise.

And this concludes the look into the Kabal of the Darkened Light.

Last edited by Lord_Alino on Mon Nov 16 2015, 22:29; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pilosocereus
Hellion
Pilosocereus

Location : Earth, I think. Well yes, in some form or another: Earth.

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Darkened Light   The Kabal of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 22:10

You did ok, I could say nicer things, but I have foes to vanquish. And vanquish them I shall.

"After spraying your project, allow the solvent to completely evaporate before mating for immediate bond.  Once mated, you cannot reposition your substrates."

(-http://www.adhesives.org/adhesives-sealants/adhesive-selection/types-of-glue-glue-tips)
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Darkened Light   The Kabal of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16 2015, 22:15

I like the way you've combined the background story with the build of your army on the tabletop. It's characterful, and works in the conversions as well. Nicely done!

Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Darkened Light   The Kabal of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17 2015, 22:32

Interesting.....very nice, it's not often I think to myself 'the bastard had it coming' when reading a backstory but I did when reading about Allekhal

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Darkened Light   The Kabal of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18 2015, 00:40

Thank you all for the positive reviews. Means a lot to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Darkened Light   The Kabal of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the Darkened Light
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: