THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE Conquest?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

DE Conquest? Empty
PostSubject: DE Conquest?   DE Conquest? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21 2015, 12:53

Do any DE have an interest in actually conquering worlds, rather than merely raiding them?
Back to top Go down
daxxglax
Slave
daxxglax

DE Conquest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Conquest?   DE Conquest? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21 2015, 19:54

In one of the Soul Drinkers books, there was a renegade Archon who sought to take over a planet and turn it into a second Commoragh. I think conquering worlds is more common among Kabals that have been banished or cast out, but those who are based in Commoragh and its sub-realms have no need to- after all, dwelling in the webway makes them almost impossible for the lesser races to reach, allowing them to escape retaliation. Why put in the extensive time and resources it would take to occupy a planet in realspace when you can just raid it every few years/decades/centuries and carry the spoils back to your lavish secret hideout?

TL;DR: Why by the cow when you can get the milk for free?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

DE Conquest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Conquest?   DE Conquest? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21 2015, 20:40

From all the stuff I've read, I've never seen any example of a full Dark Eldar conquest. They're just not the kind to stick around.
Not only would there be problems (I mean look at our units), but being that long in realspace would be bad for their whole "hide from Slaanesh" thing.
There's definitely been examples of worlds pushed to a point where they can;t fight back, and then becoming routine raiding grounds, but even then they go after a time. Staying in one place is just...boring.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

DE Conquest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Conquest?   DE Conquest? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14 2015, 10:48

Personally, the way I explain it, in the 'words' of my Archon, is that the master does not dwell amongst his slaves. Sure, there's an element to ot of Slaanesh draining them more, but I can't see them admitting that. Mostly though, would be that they see no reason to. What would it gain them? They already have all they need in Commorragh.

DE Conquest? Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE Conquest?   DE Conquest? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE Conquest?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: