THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Harlequins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

Dark Eldar Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Harlequins   Dark Eldar Harlequins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23 2015, 00:19

So my brother bought me some Harlequins for my birthday a year or so ago and I've just started painting them. Problem is my heart isn't really in it because I don't have a backstory to go with them (I know weird, right?)

I want this troupe and any subsequent Harlies I may or may not get to have there history in Commorragh but of course this means that technically I can't have a shadowseer since they're psykers and blah blah. Now if I'm understanding the lore right it is possible for DE to have psyker children its just really rare and they'd probably be killed off.

So suppose one psyker DE suppressed their power until they couldn't anymore during which an elaborate death faking plot was devised and said DE psyker was given to the harlequins to be trained in their psychic powers and join said troupe. Do you think that's possible or have I totally misunderstood the lore?
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Harlequins   Dark Eldar Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2015, 10:50

Nyx_Necrodragon wrote:
was given

No one's given to the harlies, It's not an orphanage, It's a privilege only for the most skilled. If you're worthy, They'll find you, and they'll recruit you.

Think of it more like the circus comes to town, and they ask the DE psyker to join them. (I.E: Run away with the circus.)
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Harlequins   Dark Eldar Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2015, 11:08

Oh that's a lot more simpler than great thanks

Slave
Altar Ego

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Harlequins   Dark Eldar Harlequins I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09 2015, 02:24

You don't have to worry about adding in shadowseers. Check out page 41 in the dark eldar codex that discusses shadowseers. Pretty awesome! They're actually the only psykers allowed in Commorragh. They even often serve on Archons' councils.
Personally, I converted a death jester out of a one-winged scourge I had sitting in my gaming closet for such a long time. I came up with a story about him failing on his first flight out of the Haemonculus' lab. One of his wings was torn as he flew to the upper spires of the Dark City, and he plummeted down to the lower levels. Miraculously, as if someone (perhaps Cegorach) was watching over him, he survived as there was something that broke his fall. As it turned out, he had fallen onto a death jester. The scourge began to laugh uncontrollably. After regaining his composure, he donned the mask and shrieker cannon of the death jester that was crushed beneath him, found the troupe that his unwitting savior belonged to, and was accepted by them without any question of what had happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Harlequins   Dark Eldar Harlequins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Harlequins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-