THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

(Un)Holy Grail : Achieved

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

(Un)Holy Grail : Achieved Empty
PostSubject: (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved   (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07 2015, 23:54

You know that army you always wanted but for some reason could never get a hold of?  In my case (like many other GW customers), this holy grail was the Juan Diaz sculpts of Daemonettes and Seekers of slaanesh.  They were probably the best models out at the time, and not just because they all had bare nipples and thongs... It's best not to think about that on the seahorse crab monster things.

At that time however I was working my way through college, and if I played any game at all it was what we called Poorhammer (sometimes DollarStorehammer), consisting of 100% proxy armies.  These were often little green army men glued to 1" washers or robots and tanks from the dollar store.

Anyhow - After 4-5 years of watching ebay religiously, I managed to get myself an entire army of these lovely/nightmare ladies just in time for Christmas.  It's obviously quite an old collection but it lines up almost perfectly with the most modern (6th edition) Daemons codex.
(Un)Holy Grail : Achieved 20151216
Army includes 1 Keeper of Secrets, 3 Winged (magnetized) daemon princes, 20 Daemonettes of slaanesh!, 65!!! Seekers of slaanesh, and 18!! Fiends of slaanesh (only half of which are shown).
(Un)Holy Grail : Achieved 20151217
There were assorted nurgle/khorne units as well, but they're going right back up on ebay, and All of this came in the larger 6 tray GW box.  Everything is metal except the wings on the daemon princes.

The bigger models are going to need an acetone bath, but the seekers and daemonettes just look unfinished.  I'm going to experiment with a few and see if I can get them up to a decent level of paint before I dip them as well.
(Un)Holy Grail : Achieved 20151218
If anyone cares about a list this works out to 2 minimum troop units, maxed out fast attack with 3 units of 20 seekers, 2 units of 9 or 3 units of 6 fiends of slaanesh in elites, and the daemon princes can fill my entire heavy support if I take the keeper of secrets as HQ.  With upgrades, fielding the whole army works out to somewhere in the ~3000 point range.

It's going to be really weird pretending to be surprised while opening up a box labeled "DAEMONS", full of tiny naked chicks in front of my family on Christmas morning.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved   (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08 2015, 09:10

Oh. Wow. Jealous.

Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved   (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09 2015, 02:24

Fantastic. I always loved those daemonette sculpts, too - so lithe.

They'd go well with SmutFiend's terrain collection.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved   (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2015, 22:13

Hurrah!

40K needs more ladies!
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved   (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11 2015, 02:57

Tengu wrote:
Hurrah!

40K needs more ladies!

I actually plan on replacing the only models in this army that aren't female (the princes) with daemon princesses.  I have a whole lot of work to do before I can get to that point, and I don't have much time now at Christmas anyhow but something like these.  
(Un)Holy Grail : Achieved 9146_sm-Chaos%20Space%20Marines%2C%20Daemon%20Prince%2C%20Emperor%27s%20Children%2C%20Female%2C%20Slaanesh%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000
I already have 2 models, they're inquisitor scale death cult assassins.  I also have a few sets of wings that would fit them nicely.  I'll need to find a way to fill up more of the 60mm base though, as they aren't even very big on the 40mms they come on.

I somehow doubt women will find my army of hundreds of naked chicks as empowering as I'd hope they would geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved   (Un)Holy Grail : Achieved I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Un)Holy Grail : Achieved
Page 1 of 1