THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Exiled from Commorragh

Go down 
+2
Thor665
Archon Mephitic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Mephitic
Hellion

Exiled from Commorragh Empty
PostSubject: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 12:46

Hey, I was thinking about coming up with some fluff for my army and I had the idea of an exiled Archon flying around picking up other exiles. The questions I have are...

Why would a Dark eldar get exiled. We know that Baron Sathonyx took the Farseer bones in, but, what other reason would there be?

Would they still be able to 'charge' their darklight batteries?

Where would they go? Apart from a fleet, would they perhaps find an dark, evil forest somewhere and hide in it?

I did have some others, unfortunately they have dripped out of my brain overnight. I'll probably remember later, wehn I'm nowhere near a computer. Thanks to anyone who can help Smile
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 17:52

The only "rule" to break in Commoragh is clearly the one about Psykers (except Vect can do it to bring down the Noble Houses and nobody bats an eye so...whatevs)

That said, there are lots of things that could get someone 'exiled';

1. Lord of a fallen Kabal that had to flee with his last retainers or face death.
2. Attempted a coup on another Kabal and failed, he and his men fled to save themselves from the wrath of the winning side.
3. Knows he is on Vect's hitlist for some reason (pointed out he brought psykers into The Dark City Wink ) - needs to stay out of town, as it were.
4. Made some sort of vow and had a self imposed exile "I shall not return until I <insert quest for hidden treasure/lore/head of Primarch/ect."

Theoretically there should be some sort of resupply equipment on their ships/bases for darklight weapons - I can't imagine the only place to do it is in Commoragh.

As to where they go? Other options include old/abandoned Eldar bases from before the fall - certainly the Craftworlders don't have sole claim to that tech. Another option is just picking a suitably 'Dark Eldar-ry' sort of lair - like a section of space too difficult for pitiful Mon'Keigh to navigate (but easy for superior Eldar tech to do so). Maybe in the dessicated dead corpse of a Void Whale (yeah, deal with that!) or living on a planet wrapped in permanent storms/night/storms at night. Possibilities seem endless.

Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 19:07

Heck, your Archon might have some slight psychic ability that makes him persona non grata in the Dark City. The power probably doesn't have any useful batllefield application, but word of it was enough that he had to leave town...

And here's a thought... Perhaps your Archon has NEVER been to the Dark City, being the offspring of exiles themselves. Or even the frowned upon offspring of a Craftworld Eldar and a Dark Eldar- (may be what resulted in the psychic ability above).

And as for recharging/resupplying... They're pirates. They'd probably loot the gear they need from other kabals or "acquire" alien tech that functions in a similar fashion. Opens up some fairly interesting modelling ideas, as well; IE You might not have jetbikes, but your lads could ride flying beasts of some kind... Picture Wood Elf eagles that have been cybernetically enhanced with guns and blades...
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 19:28

Deneris wrote:
Heck, your Archon might have some slight psychic ability that makes him persona non grata in the Dark City. The power probably doesn't have any useful batllefield application, but word of it was enough that he had to leave town...

And here's a thought... Perhaps your Archon has NEVER been to the Dark City, being the offspring of exiles themselves. Or even the frowned upon offspring of a Craftworld Eldar and a Dark Eldar- (may be what resulted in the psychic ability above).

And as for recharging/resupplying... They're pirates. They'd probably loot the gear they need from other kabals or "acquire" alien tech that functions in a similar fashion. Opens up some fairly interesting modelling ideas, as well; IE You might not have jetbikes, but your lads could ride flying beasts of some kind... Picture Wood Elf eagles that have been cybernetically enhanced with guns and blades...
Your thinking is very good sir. I may take some of those ideas for my Kabal.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28 2011, 21:26

There's exiled, and then there's also cut off - alone, drifting through possibly hostile territory with a disabled ship, few weapons and the slim remnants of a raiding force that had the crap knocked out of them or suffered a "deep strike mishap" along the way.

Completely different scenario, but very similar problems to be dealt with.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Archon Mephitic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 18:25

Deneris wrote:

I've already started converting a Raider into a looted ravager. I've just stuck a Dark Lance in the hands of one of the hanging on dudes. I just need another Dark Lance and it will be done. I was thinking of my Hellions riding around on eagles.

Gobsmakked wrote:
There's exiled, and then there's also cut off - alone, drifting through possibly hostile territory with a disabled ship, few weapons and the slim remnants of a raiding force that had the crap knocked out of them or suffered a "deep strike mishap" along the way.

Completely different scenario, but very similar problems to be dealt with.

Hmmm, Maybe sabotaged by another Kabal.....
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 02:37

If you don't like eagles, there's always the Terradons (Or whatever they're called) that WFB Skinks tool around on... Might be easier to use them, too...

Exiled from Commorragh 300px-Terradonreiter
Back to top Go down
Archon Mephitic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 14:50

Oooohh, I like those. I was thinking about Tyranid Gargoyles but I'm not sure how easy they will be to convert, but, at £18 for 10 they are a lot cheaper than the Dragony Skink things.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 03:37

Hmm... Gargoyles would be cool. Perhaps the Haemonculi working with your exiles gives them a lobotomy to make them easier to ride. Modelling would be easy- Some form of collar around the Gargoyle neck, then attach the Hellion's arm/chain fastener to the 'Goyle's collar...
Back to top Go down
Archon Mephitic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04 2011, 16:27

Good Idea. Does anyone own Gargoyles so that they could give me an idea of how a Hellion would stand on it?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 15:27

Keep in mind that Dark Eldar dont live long out of webway. Even those that do exiled travel Webway on their ships.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 18:55

Dark Eldar don't live long out of the Webway? I don't recall that bit of fluff - source?

Back to top Go down
Archon Mephitic
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 22:26

I'm pretty sure it says somewhere that without the webway to protect them from the soul sucking of Slaanesh they die a lot quicker, but, they can get round it by more killing!!!

I'll try and find the page or admit I'm making it up Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exiled from Commorragh   Exiled from Commorragh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exiled from Commorragh
Page 1 of 1