THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1501 Points of silly stuff

Go down 
+2
Nariaklizhar
Rokuro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

1501 Points of silly stuff Empty
PostSubject: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14 2015, 00:35

I have played only small games with unpainted Dark Eldar models so far, but now I feel it's time to get serious!
With the units I have and the ones I'm currently building, I put together this list for 1500-point games.

Primary Detachment: Realspace Raiders

HQ

Archon (60), joined to the Court of the Archon.
with Blaster (15) and Agonizer (25).
Dedicated Transport: Venom (55)
with 2 Splinter Cannons (10).

Unit Total: 165 points

Court of the Archon: 3 Sslyth (75) and 1 Medusae (25).
Dedicated Transport: Raider (55)
with Disintegrator Cannon, Shock Prow (10), Improved Aethersails (5) and Night Shield (15).

Unit Total: 185 Points

Troops

10 Kabalite Warriors (80)
1 Blaster (15), 1 Splinter Cannon (15).
with Dark Lance (5), Splinter Racks (15) and Night Shields (15).

Unit Total: 190 Points

Elite

5 Kabalite Trueborn (55)
with 4 Blasters (60).

Unit Total: 180 Points

Fast Attack

5 Beastmasters (50) and 4 Khymerae (40).

Unit Total: 90 Points

5 Beastmasters (50) and 4 Khymerae (40).

Unit Total: 90 Points

6 Reavers (96)
Champion (10), two Heat Lances (20) and two Cluster Caltrops (30).

Unit Total: 156 Points

5 Scourges (80)
with 4 Haywire Blasters (40).

Unit Total: 120 Points

Heavy Support

Ravager (110)
with 1 Disintegrator Cannon, 2 Dark Lances (10) and Night Shield (15).

Unit Total: 135 Points

Army Total: 1501 Points

Strategies:
This army relies mostly on cover and reserves. The Beastmasters use the terrain for protection, try to grab objectives early and shoot or assault enemies that get too close to them.
The Reavers are the "hammer" unit: They attack whenever a chance to do serious damage opens up, and try to stay out of the enemy's line of sight when they need to.
The Warriors do what they do best: Shooting enemy infantry and occasionally vehicles. Aside from that, they are also used for objective grabbing.
The Ravager does the the same, but the other way around: Its two Dark Lances are for destroying vehicles, the Disintegrator for infantry whenever there is no vehicle to shoot at. Also, a Dissie is a bit more likely to hit something when the Ravager has to snapfire.
When necessary, both the Warriors in their Raiders and the Ravager can deepstrike.
And speaking of deepstriking; that's what the Scourges, Trueborn and Court do primatily. Their job is to take out key targets: The Scourges go after vehicles, the Court after infantry, and the Trueborn are flexible about it.
The Archon is a potential hero killer and provides a bit of anti-vehicle firepower for the Court. Together they ride in the Archon's Venom.
But what about the Court's Raider then? Well, that is my secret weapon of sorts. While certainly not the deadliest thing in my army, it can throw my opponent off guard and distract them by doing things people usually don't expect a Raider to do: It tank-shocks, it rams, it shoots infantry with a Disintegrator by chance, and is generally being a thorn in their side.

So far, so good.  I know that it isn't optimized for anything, but I think this list should work well enough on its own and as a foundation to build upon. I have already tested the units and worked out ways to use them effectively in 500 - 1000 points games, and I'm positive that they are going to perform not much worse when I field them all at the same time.
But I'm not really sure what I should add next. A flier, definitely, but aside from that? I have some halfway built Covenite and Harlequin units, but I'm not opposed to adding some more Kabalie, Craftworld or even Wych units either. I'm not a competitive player, so I don't mind to add something silly, as long as it is fun to play. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14 2015, 03:38

Autarch for reserve manipulation. That's what I would add next
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18 2015, 22:00

Nariaklizhar wrote:

That is a good idea. So Craftworld allies it is then.

I do have an Autarch with Fusion Gun and Jump Generator, and I could add a Reaper Launcher or Uldanorethi Long Rifle.
That would be 110 points of mobile firepower.

Alternatively, I could see me using one with Swooping Hawk Wings, Banshee Mask, Fusion Gun and Power Weapon for also 110 points, joined to Swooping Hawks. While that won't enable him to drop grenades or attack fliers, the Exarch's special rule could help him landing somewhere safe, then he could leave the unit to go after a key target, and just fly away when things get too hot.

Another alternative would be an Autarch Skyrunner with Banshee Mask, Fusion Pistol, Laser Lance and Reaper Launcher; 140 points of speed and power at any range. Kinda expensive for an allied HQ though, and my Archon would not like standing in this guy's shadow.

So, which one should I go for?

As for the rest of the allied detachment, I definitely want to take the following:

Troops

4 Windriders (68) with Scatter Lasers (40) and Windrider Warlock (50) with Singing Spear (5).

Unit Total: 163 points

Fast Attack

6 Swooping Hawks (96) incl. Exarch (10).

Unit Total: 106 points

That would bring the allied detachment up to 379 points and my whole army to 1880 points (+30 if I take the Autarch Skyrunner), so that's 120 points (respectivels 90 points) left for stuff from either detachment.
But not enough for any kind of flier... Sad
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 03:15

Nariaklizhar wrote:

NOT THE RAINBOW FEWLS
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21 2015, 18:04

I am not the greatest DE player in the world or even a really good 40k gamer but I think you take a lot of upgrades and some of the i a bit hard to get must out of. Example you warriors in raiders you have 9 warriors with anti inf. weapons and 1 with anti vehicle weapon and a raider with anti vehicle weapon, the raider also have anti inf. upgrades (splitter rack) . I am question is now , what do you shoot at? If you fire in a vehicle you lose using 9 warriors and the upgrade and you have a bit the same problem the other way. Maybe take true born in raiders and warriors in venoms?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22 2015, 02:46

I'd remove the blaster from the warrior squad for maximum overkill
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2015, 18:37

Lord_Alino wrote:
NOT THE RAINBOW FEWLS

Don't worry, I have no intention of playing a rainbow-colored army. More like a jungle in the twilight...

killedbydeath wrote:
I am not the greatest DE player in the world or even a really good 40k gamer but I think you take a lot of upgrades and some of the i a bit hard to get must out of. Example you warriors in raiders you have 9 warriors with anti inf. weapons and 1 with anti vehicle weapon and a raider with anti vehicle weapon, the raider also have anti inf. upgrades (splitter rack) . I am question is now , what do you shoot at? If you fire in a vehicle you lose using 9 warriors and the upgrade and you have a bit the same problem the other way. Maybe take true born in raiders and warriors in venoms?
Lord_Alino wrote:
I'd remove the blaster from the warrior squad for maximum overkill

The vehicle can fire at a different target than the passengers, so the Raider's Dark Lance can go after a vehicle while the Warriors go after infantry.
And the Blaster is actually not so much there as anti-vehicle, but anti-MEQ. A Blaster is more likely to kill a Space Marine than another twin-linked Splinter Rifle after all. I would only use it against a vehicle when there is no infantry nearby that the whole unit could do more damage against. It is a little situational, but usually pays off.
Back to top Go down
RCZ
Kabalite Warrior
RCZ

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2015, 18:58

I round that i prefer multiple venom with 4 SR band 1blaster. I was good putting a whole 9-men squadra of trueborn band the wwp blastarchon in a raider togheder for surgical mech removing. in this way you obtain a very flexible msu, both anti infantry and mech.
Ad tour list, if i play a mech army i simply tale out the trueborn, while ignoring the splinter raider. Vice versa if i play strong on infantry. Mix up a little with the standard 120 pts msu to ga in flexibility and backup copies. Band font forget that zone lucky short from a single blaster could ideally tale out a veichle by itself so i am notte happy to have multiple blasters in a single squad.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26 2015, 20:23

RCZ wrote:
I was good putting a whole 9-men squadra of trueborn band the wwp blastarchon in a raider togheder for surgical mech removing.

But doesn't that mean you pay extra for 4 Trueborn that have only Splinter Rifles? Just saying. A Raider can be bought for a five-man-squad too.
Back to top Go down
SibleyIrresistible
Slave
SibleyIrresistible

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2015, 06:13

killedbydeath wrote:
Example you warriors in raiders you have 9 warriors with anti inf. weapons and 1 with anti vehicle weapon and a raider with anti vehicle weapon, the raider also have anti inf. upgrades (splitter rack) . I am question is now , what do you shoot at? If you fire in a vehicle you lose using 9 warriors and the upgrade and you have a bit the same problem the other way.

Haven't actually played in awhile, but I'm fairly certain that your unit and its transport can fire at different targets and at different time. It's still true that range and line of sight are still a factor.

More on topic, why do you use so many beastmasters in those units? Is it just the models you had or a love for the look of the models? If you get more khymerae in there you can raise your average toughness to 4. I guess they might be the first to go as you expand your forces?
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2015, 10:06

SibleyIrresistible wrote:
More on topic, why do you use so many beastmasters in those units? Is it just the models you had or a love for the look of the models? If you get more khymerae in there you can raise your average toughness to 4. I guess they might be the first to go as you expand your forces?

One thing about Beastmasters people tend to underestimate (or outright ignore) is their ranged weaponry: A Splinter Pod can fire two shots over 18'', and the user can still charge afterwards. That's much better than a rapidfiring Splinter Rifle, and just one shot short of a Shard Carbine.
Add to that the ability to ignore difficult terrain and the Strength 4, Toughness 4, 5++ meatshields.
(Yes, I noticed that I need at least 5 Kymerae for this to work. They will be in the updated list.)
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27 2015, 20:34

Okay, I think I got 2000 points of slightly less silly stuff worked out now.

In favour of a flier, I removed the weird ramming Raider. But I haven't actually played with flying vehicles so far, only with a flying Daemon Prince in my Chaos army, so I'm not sure which of the two fliers would be better overall.
The Voidraven has the stronger weapons and is primarily a threat to vehicles on the ground, while the Crimson Hunter Exarch can fire more shots, is more manuverable thanks the Vector Dancer special rule (which GW forgot to give DE fliers) and is actually good at shooting down enemy fliers.

The Archon's loadout depends if there are psykers in the opposing army, and which flier was chosen as well: If there is no enemy psyker, he gets a Clone Field and the Parasite's Kiss instead of the Helm of Spite. And only if the Crimson Hunter is chosen, he gets Haywire Grenades.

The Autarch's loadout depends if the opponent's army and the battlefield itself would make it easier for a long-ranged or a melee character. If he gets the one with wings, he starts joined to the Swooping Hawks, but leaves them as soon as he gets a different target than theirs.

Primary Detachment: Dark Eldar - Realspace Raiders

HQ

Archon (60)
with Agonizer (25), Helm of Spite (25), Haywire Grenades (5)*.
Alternatively: Agonizer (25), Clone Field (20), Parasite's Kiss (5), Haywire Grenades (5)*.

Unit Total: 175 Points (180 Points*)

Court of the Archon: 3 Sslyth (75) and 1 Medusae (25).

Unit Total: 100 Points

Troops

Elite

5 Kabalite Trueborn (55)
with 4 Blasters (60).

Unit Total: 180 Points

Fast Attack

5 Beastmasters (50) and 5 Khymerae (50).

5 Beastmasters (50) and 5 Khymerae (50).

6 Reavers (96)
Champion (10), 2 Heat Lances (20) and 2 Cluster Caltrops (30).

Unit Total: 156 Points

5 Scourges (80)
with 4 Haywire Blasters (40).

Unit Total: 120 Points

Heavy Support

Ravager (110)
with 1 Disintegrator Cannon, 2 Dark Lances (10) and Night Shield (15).

Unit Total: 135 Points

Voidraven Bomber (160)*
with Night Shield (15).

Unit Total: 175 Points*

Detachment Total: 1621 Points (1451 Points*)

Craftworld Eldar - Allied Detachment

HQ

Autarch (70)
with Warp Spider Jump Generator (10), Fusion Gun (5) and Reaper Launcher OR Uldanorethi Long Rifle (25)
Alternatively: Swooping Hawk Wings (15), Banshee Mask (5), Fusion Gun (5) and Power Weapon (15).

Unit Total: 110 Points

Troops

4 Windriders (68)
with Scatter Lasers (40) and Windrider Warlock (50) with Singing Spear (5)

Unit Total: 163 Points

Fast Attack

6 Swooping Hawks (96) incl. Exarch (10).

Unit Total: 106 Points

Crimson Hunter (140)*
Exarch (20) with Star Cannons.

Unit Total: 160 Points*

Detachment Total: 379 points (539 Points*)

Army Total: 2000 Points

Strategies:
Still pretty much the same: The Beastmaster units are deployed first, as deep in cover as possible. Everything else stays in reserve, if possible. The Autarch's special rule should help getting each unit on the table at the right time. The effect is maximized if the Archon gets Labyrinthine Cunning.
In battle, the Archon's job will be to go after enemy HQ units and especially psykers. The Autarch, depending on his loadout, will either join the Archon's hunt or provide fire support where it is needed.
Kabalite Warriors, Beastmasters and Windriders will shoot at enemy infantry, Scourges, Ravager and Voidraven/Crimson Hunter at enemy vehicles. Trueborn, Reavers and Swooping Hawks go after whatever target is the most convenient for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1501 Points of silly stuff   1501 Points of silly stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1501 Points of silly stuff
Page 1 of 1