THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike

Go down 
+7
Bugs_N_Orks
stilgar27
colinsherlow
Lord_Alino
Rokuro
Squidmaster
The Shredder
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike Empty
PostSubject: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 15:32

With the release of Corsairs, I'd like to try a Jetbike Prince. The problem is that I really don't like Jetbikes (neither ours nor any of the Eldar ones), or even bikes in general. No

Is there anything else I could use to represent a Jetbike HQ, do you think?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 15:38

There's always "counts as". YOu could go with wings, or a skyboard, but I think at skyboard level you've got an issue with clashing.
If you're not a fan of bikes in general, how about a hovering platform/dais?
Or a beast of some kind. Cold One?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 15:43

Squidmaster wrote:
YOu could go with wings

Do you think wings would be acceptable? If so, that's perfect - I just wasn't sure they'd be enough, if you see what I mean.

Squidmaster wrote:
or a skyboard

I think my main concern would be getting the bugger to fit on a skyboard. Wink

Squidmaster wrote:
If you're not a fan of bikes in general, how about a hovering platform/dais?

Hmm, possibly. Do you have anything in mind?
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 17:22

An "Aelf" chariot should be easy to convert into a small flying vehicle. There's even a flying one already.

Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike 99120210022_LothernSkycutter01
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 17:35

I appreciate the thought, but I'm afraid I absolutely despise the high-elf aesthetics. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 17:58

The Shredder wrote:
I appreciate the thought, but I'm afraid I absolutely despise the high-elf aesthetics. Sorry.

Well, there are Dark "Aelf" chariots too.

Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike 99120212012_ColdOneChariotNEW01
Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike 99120212012_ScourgerunnerChariotNEW01

Just put the platform alone on a flying base, add some thrusters in place of the wheel, and Malekith is your uncle.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 19:08

The aesthetics are definitely nicer with those, though still not what I'm looking for.

Also, aren't those a bit large (even without the mounts)? It just seems like they'd be better suited to Venom conversions, rather than a Jetbike.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19 2015, 19:53

I could see them working without the mounts and being the right size.

Alternatively, floating chair? (kind of like the Tau character guy, but spikier and cool)
There's this excellent throne from Reaper:
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/lich/sku-down/30010
Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike 30010_p_af_1
Maybe take the chair off of the plinth and stick it on a grav generator or set of thrusters?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 09:13

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Elf-Dreadlord-on-Cold-One

You could use a cold one if you're into that.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 09:33

What about lizardmen terradons? That kit is pretty sweet

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 09:41

colinsherlow wrote:
What about lizardmen terradons? That kit is pretty sweet

Genius
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 10:03

Terradons would work well for an Exodite-themed army. But for Corsairs?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 16:45

There are all kinds of pirates

Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 19:49

Back in the day we used to make "character bikes" by putting weapons platforms on flying bases and gluing a slotted base to them.  By not gluing the model into the base he could be removed and used on foot - which worked out pretty well 10+ years ago but would be primitive by today's standards.  You could easily improve on that method though, using magnets and the wide choice of plastic bits available via ebay etc.

I'd even argue you really don't have to stay within eldar limits here.  In general, pirates tend to take whatever weapons and vessels they can and convert them to for their own use.  Despite being technologically superior, Eldar pirates would likely be just as desperate and creative.

I have a couple of the anti-grav sleds from the space wolf chariot kit I was thinking about using (which would royally cheese off my regular space wolf opponent Twisted Evil ), but something like a tech'd up disc of tzeentch might work too; especially since they count as jet-bikes to begin with.  Plus corsairs tend to lack the normal eldar wisdom/aversion regarding chaos.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 20:46

I've also seen some pretty good looking conversions with weapons platform bases

Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike 30793_sm-
Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike C386ac54c606b3320d2701885dbe16c5
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 20:49

Wow. Those are really nice.

Any idea what they used to make those psychic blasts?
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20 2015, 21:40

The effects around the staves look sculpted (green/white/grey stuff, probably over wire), but the 2 "cone" type ones look like they might have been done with super glue and an accelerator over a shape.  It's not a technique that gets used much any more because of the availability of the putties, but you can do some interesting fluid effects with it.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2015, 04:48

Interesting, I may try it
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2015, 21:52

What about sculpting some sort of alien as mount or converting those disks of Tzeetch (or however the hell its spelt). I saw raging heros have done a version that should be released next year they call them stingrays

Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike B6ef2dee40982e1407c80cd7b2318fa1_original

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2015, 22:36

Those are awesome. I'm going to buy the female Incubbi!!

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2015, 22:37

Nyx_Necrodragon wrote:
What about sculpting some sort of alien as mount

I fear my sculpting skills are not up to that task. That Stingray model looks nice though.

Nyx_Necrodragon wrote:
or converting those disks of Tzeetch

I'd like to try some sort of eldritch disk, but I don't really like either of GW's ones. The chaos lord one is a bit dull, and the other one is a bit too, well, tzeentch-y.

Is there anything else I could use or convert into an eldritch-y disk?
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23 2015, 23:32

Have you seen the new 'Gaunt Summoner' one? What do you think of that? You can always scratch build one, if you get say a summoning circle and stick some clay at the bottom in a vaguely wisp-like and boom your done, worst comes to worst I could give it a try for you

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24 2015, 15:44

Nyx_Necrodragon wrote:
Have you seen the new 'Gaunt Summoner' one? What do you think of that? You can always scratch build one, if you get say a summoning circle and stick some clay at the bottom in a vaguely wisp-like and boom your done, worst comes to worst I could give it a try for you

That seems like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Pink
Kabalite Warrior
Mr_Pink

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 04:06

God I love those Toughest Girls Stingray Riders!

Back to top Go down
http://modernsynthesist.blogspot.ca/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 05:45

I do as well, they are quite nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike   Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jetbike Character... without a Jetbike
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: