THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What if... Raiders could be chariots?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

What if... Raiders could be chariots? Empty
PostSubject: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04 2016, 23:43

What if...

We gave the Aerial Assault rule to all of our vehicles, and revamped it as follows:

Aerial Assault: Dark Eldar are adept at fighting from their vehicles, and fighting at speed. First, a vehicle with this upgrade may fire all of its weapons at full BS while moving at Cruising Speed. Second, any embarked passengers may also fire their weapons at full BS while moving at Cruising Speed, although they count as having moved for Heavy and Salvo weapons. Finally, a vehicle with any passengers embarked may make an assault move in the same way as a chariot; if it successfully enters an assault it is treated exactly as a chariot until it is no longer engaged.

So, a raider full of peeps could move 12", shoot, then charge 2d6" and inflict Hammer of Wrath, then let the embarked passengers swing at the enemy. It would be risky, as losing the Raider would take the embarked squad with it... but would also be plenty of fun. Shock prow and chain flails could boost the Hammer of Wrath in some way. Instead of trying to ram with a shock prow, you would simply assault the vehicle, then strap the sergeant's haywire grenade to it before flying off into the sunset.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
carnosaur93
Slave
carnosaur93

PostSubject: Re: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05 2016, 04:12

one word... amazing

not sure about the moving at full speed and firing everything, but the idea and playstyle of a raider charging into a squad while the passengers hanging off the sides hack and slash makes my practically drool from how cool and unique that would be
Back to top Go down
Carcearion
Slave
Carcearion

PostSubject: Re: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26 2016, 17:51

Wow... running them like chariots would be perfect, and whats more would be super fluffy. That is literally what they are for! it would also make all those later in the game power from pain rules like furious charge and rage actually useful on our grenadeless kabalites.

This is a awesome one rule fix for the complex problem of representing a Raider.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26 2016, 22:55

Chariots would be nice if the passengers weren't forced to go down with their ship.
I've seen Logan Grimnar glanced to death a couple too many times to find it funny anymore.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01 2016, 14:34

Rokuro wrote:
I've seen Logan Grimnar glanced to death a couple too many times to find it funny anymore.
So...you've seen it a million and two times? Because I'm still laughing everytime Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2016, 18:36

Thor665 wrote:
Rokuro wrote:
So...you've seen it a million and two times? Because I'm still laughing everytime Very Happy

Don't get me wrong, I love killing expensive units as much as anybody.
What I don't find funny is that chariots are supposedly huge upgrades, but are hardly ever worth taking because they also add such a huge weakness. And it's not even a justifiable one, considering the same characters could survive the destruction of any other vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12 2016, 01:39

True that. I suppose only counting as a chariot in assault would go some way to alleviate the issue, although it would be kinda weird that Grots and Incubi prefer to get out of their chariot before assaulting - for their own protection...

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
carnosaur93
Slave
carnosaur93

PostSubject: Re: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09 2016, 21:45

so this idea sprung back in my mind randomly today, and i sorta did a write up trying to make it work without being broken, here is what i got:

---

"dark eldar venoms, Ravagers and raiders have "Aerial assault".

an Aerial assault vehicle counts as a chariot in the assault phase.
However, due to the dark eldar's boarding skill, the embarked models are not taken down with the vehicle should it be destroyed, and vice versa. Instead it behaves like an open topped skimmer normally would when destroyed.
Unlike normal chariots, when performing a charge, an Aerial assault vehicle's hammer of wrath only makes 1d3 S6 AP- hits, rather than 1d6. and during the fight subphase, any embarked models may attack from the vehicle as if they were the chariot's "rider"

Furthermore, Aerial assault vehicles gain "Hit & Run", counting as initiative 4 (because a fast skimmer getting locked in combat with no way to escape is just nonesense, for the rare occation that it somehow manages to survive a round of combat)

---

so what to do for shockprow and chainsnares with something like that? shock prow should probably improve the HoW, maybe allow rerolling the die, or ad an AP value or something like that?.. iam abit lost for chainsnares though, especially seeing how cheap of an upgrade it is, maybe just 1- WS for enemy non-MC/non-vehicles locked in combat? (not stacking)

:EDIT:
Overhauled what i had come up with, it was bad and complicated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if... Raiders could be chariots?   What if... Raiders could be chariots? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if... Raiders could be chariots?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: