THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Player Casual ~1500 Point List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Invoker
Slave
Invoker

New Player Casual ~1500 Point List Empty
PostSubject: New Player Casual ~1500 Point List   New Player Casual ~1500 Point List I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2016, 08:58

Getting back into the game after 10+ years away, theorycrafted a bit and threw this list together using Battlescribe. I'm looking to have a solid foundation to build on for 1850+ content, but also be able to spend some time on the table without getting scraped up too badly. Comments and criticism invited.

Dark Eldar- 1500 Points [1496]

Real Space Raiders

HQ: [120]

Archon [120]: Haywire Grenades, Shadow Field, Armor of Misery

Elites: [255]

Incubi x4 (to be joined with Archon) with dedicated Venom w/ Splinter Cannon [135]

Wracks x5: dedicated Venom and Ossefactor [120]

Troops: [590]

5x Kabs w/ 1 Blaster in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon [110]

5x Kabs w/ 1 Blaster in Venom w/ Splinter Cannon [110]

10x Kabs w/ 1 Blaster in Raider w/ Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, and Splinter Racks [185]

10x Kabs w/ 1 Blaster in Raider w/ Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, and Splinter Racks [185]

Fast Attack: [371]

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ Nightshields and Monoscythe Missiles [145]

3x Reavers w/ 1 Cluster Caltrops [63]

3x Reavers w/ 1 Cluster Caltrops [63]

5x Scourge w/ 1 Dark Lance [100]

Heavy Support: [160]

Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks [160]

Total: [1496]
Back to top Go down
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: New Player Casual ~1500 Point List   New Player Casual ~1500 Point List I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2016, 13:07

Sure, let's try to help out. Overall though, good job - I can only really nitpick upgrades. But, here it is:

I don't think the AoM on the Archon really gets you anything - sure, he's a little more survivable if the Shadowfield goes down, but a weapon is more important. I'd give him an Agonizer, maybe a Soul Trap too if you can find the points. Unless you're set on running an Archon, a Succubus is worth considering in your list - just because her AP2 will synergize a bit better with what the Incubi are packing. If you do go with her, Glaive + Haywire Grenades is the configuration. If you want to roll the dice, there are worse options than the Animus Vitae - you've got a fair amount of assault stuff that could get something out of the PFP boost, and those Incubi want Furious Charge as soon as possible.

All Venoms should always, always, have a second Splinter Cannon. That'll cost 40 points to upgrade each Venom. One of the Incubi should be a Klaivex too - the Rampage rule they get is very much worth it, and it'll also give you the option of which character to issue/accept challenges with, since with the Archon you'll have two characters in the unit.

I'm not sure you really need the Aethersails on any of your vehicles - Raiders want to let their passengers shoot rather than going Flat Out, and Ravager doesn't want to go Flat Out either. I'm not certain if Nightshields are worth it on the Razorwing and Ravager either - they aren't vehicles that want to spend too much time jinking, and the Razorwing especially is already relatively hard to shoot down just by virtue of being a flyer. Reavers look good. Compared to them, however, Scourge are the same point cost - while being less mobile, more fragile, and incapable in assault. If you run Scourge, it has to be to take advantage of the fact that they can take 4 special weapons - avoid the Dark Lances, since we don't really have much space in army for things that sit still and shoot, especially when you consider you're paying a premium over Trueborn to be Jump Infantry. 4x Haywire Blasters is a very popular configuration for them, and the #1 best source of anti-tank in the army too, if on the short-ranged side. Splinter Racks on the Ravager do literally nothing, so those have to go.

Another thing to consider is consolidating the two Reaver squads into one team of 6 - that way you'll be able to run a CAD, and having Objective Secured is preferable to the bonus from RSR.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New Player Casual ~1500 Point List   New Player Casual ~1500 Point List I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16 2016, 16:23

Looks decent, but I were you I'd drop the Dark Lance from the Scourge unit. Having a Heavy weapon in a Jump Pack unit is completely wasted in my opinion, and you'd be better off replacing it with either a Blaster or Heat Lance.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Player Casual ~1500 Point List   New Player Casual ~1500 Point List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Player Casual ~1500 Point List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: