THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Working on ideas for Learning army list.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

Working on ideas for Learning army list. Empty
PostSubject: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 15:37

I want to start a small army list so I can learn how to play an army liks the Dark Eldar.

I was thinking of something like:

Archon

8 or 9 Wyches in Raider with Archon

2 Ten Man Warriors with Dark Lances

3 Reavers with Heat Lance

2 Razorwing Jetfighters

I am asking if this would give me a good basics to start learning them as an Army. The reason for these units is because this is what I have to use. C&C welcome.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 16:42

Most people play mech spam and do so for a good reason, so maybe field more (and cheaper) vehicles.

Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:10

Or, slap meta in the face and go with Ork Warbikers solid foot (WWP?) army.

IMHO this list is... unballanced. I would pick less "goodies" (HS, Fast) and more "mandatory" units. I expect You could dump jets (Such small bikes are OK for ~1k list) and get more Troops. 5th ed troops =/= 3-4 ed troops (You WANT to pick them, not have to. Check "current" Necrons.).

Want AT with awesome AI? Either pick Venom Warriors or (better) Warriors in Raider. That's easy "mech" way.

Foot may be tricky, can't pick one from magic hat right now but if You play in Mech Heavy hood

Quote :
Knowing is half the battle, and we unfortunately didn't know $#!+.

Last edited by Local_Ork on Thu Sep 29 2011, 17:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:12

Yea I know I need more vehicles. Maybe dropping the warriors down to 5 or 6 guys and putting them in Venoms? That would get me two more troops coming to 5 troop choices.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:50

What's point limit? 750 points?

4x
5 warriors, Blaster 60
Raider 60

cost 480 points and can potentialy damage 8 tanks (4 for from 36", I would say this is enough for 1K or lower). You have 270 points left, not too shabby but You could squeeze Wyches, Archon and maybe Bikes.

I'm sorry, but "troops first, rest second" is how good (new, imagine that with Necrons or Eladar or Chaos or even Orks, who technically are 4th ed codex but came so close to 5th that may be considered one.) 5th ed armies roll.

[edit]
Ninja'd by Gobsmakked. Guess Thor would give some good input.

Last edited by Local_Ork on Thu Sep 29 2011, 17:56; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:55

Moving this to 'Army Lists', more appropriate for lists and tactics.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:56

I lost the list (it was on another forum, cant find it atm) But pretty much if you want a good beginners army, all you need is two battleforce box, and Archon, and 3 ravagers. Itll net you something like this:

150- Archon w/ Huskblade, Soutrap, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Haywires
195- 10 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon, Blaster; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Nightshields
195- 10 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannon, Blaster; Raider w/ Flickerfields, Nightshields
218- 9 Wyches w/ Shardnet, Haywires; Hexatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfields
240- 10 Wyches w/ 2 Hydra Guantlets, Haywires; Hexatrix w/ Agoniser; Raider w/ Flickerfields
78- 3 Reavers w/ Heat Lance
78- 3 Reavers w/ Heat Lance
115- Ravager w/ Flickerfield

total: 1499

This is a great starting point for any new DE player. It provides you with a cheap army to start with, and gives you some good insight on how DE play. This is what I suggest to anyone that is starting the game (also there is a 1k one with only 1 Battleforce, HQ, another raider, and 2 ravagers, but I find this does way better at its point level than the other one.)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 17:59

@Shadows Revenge

And we have a winnnnnar!
1-1,5k is IMHO best for learning. Lower is just so affected by "lucky die" that it teach nothing.
That's indeed good list for starters.
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29 2011, 18:03

Thank you

Would it be worth it to get one of these?

Here

And another Battleforce?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 16:10

you could, but I would just get another battleforce... but its up to you. If your not buying online, its a good deal, also only if your going to use all those reavers :p

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 16:18

Shadows Revenge wrote:
you could, but I would just get another battleforce... but its up to you. If your not buying online, its a good deal, also only if your going to use all those reavers :p
Well the cool thing about that auction is that I can trade stuff to get other things. Like I can pick from 6 reavers or 15 Hellion and I could trade the 15 hellions for 15 scourges or 1 Talos and Venom and I can trade Ravagers for different things too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working on ideas for Learning army list.   Working on ideas for Learning army list. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working on ideas for Learning army list.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: