THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 ITC Freakshow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Symbiode
Slave
Symbiode

1850 ITC Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: 1850 ITC Freakshow   1850 ITC Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23 2016, 01:13

I got a good deal on some DE Transports, and soon after read about Jimsolo's Freakshow concept. It sounded like a fun army to make, so I've tried to put something together that. My goals were ITC legality (mostly the 3-detachment limit) and lots of psykers, as I like psykers and my first shot at a pskyer-heavy army ended in disaster. My thoughts are in red along with the list below, any help from anyone that has run any of these units or this type of list would be great! The only models I own right now are the Raiders, so I'm open to changing anything/everything.

-Harlequins Cast of Players-
(I went with the Cast of Players over the Heroes path as I both wanted a Troupe and don't like having the restriction of not joining the IC's into units. I'm still iffy on running the Succubus in this unit instead of one of the Warrior venoms, but I'm hoping my 'distraction' keeps them from being focused too hard.)
Death Jester
Shadowseer, ML2, Mask of Secrets
Troupe
Players x6, 3x Harlequin's Embrace
(I put Embraces instead of Kisses on this unit as I feel the Succubus can supply the AP2 hits if she joins this unit, so kisses were less necessary and I hear good things about HoW from the Embraces.)

-Dark Eldar Realspace Raiders Detachment-
HQ
Succubus, Archite glaive, Armour of Misery
(I chose Succubus over Archon due to being cheaper in points and bringing AP2. It loses out on the 2++ of an Archon with a Shadow Field, but I'm hoping having more warm bodies in the Harlequin unit will make that less of a bad decision.)

Troops
Kabalite Warriors x5 + Venom w/Splinter Cannon
Kabalite Warriors x5 + Venom w/Splinter Cannon
(These were originally 10 man units in Raiders, but the damage output seems about the same or better and saves a good bit of points.)

Fast Attack
Raider, Chain-snares, Nightshield
(Raider for the Harlequins, I put chain snares on it instead of the Dark Lance as this is going to be carrying most of my -Leadership units, so should be able to tank shock reliably.)
Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield
(Transport for Storm Guardians)
Raider, Dark Lance, Nightshield
(Transport for Storm Guardians)

-Eldar Craftworlds CAD-
HQ
Farseer, Singing spear
Farseer, Singing spear
(Telepathy! Runes of Fate! ML3! Each will go with a Storm Guardian unit for transport and to help kill vehicles with their Singing spears.)

Troops
Storm Guardians 2x Fusion gun,
Warlock, Singing spear
Storm Guardians 2x Fusion gun
Warlock, Singing spear
(These started as Guardian Defenders, but, as those are a minimum 10 man unit, with an added Warlock they wouldn't fit in the Raider transport and I didn't want Wave Serpents. I did a lot of research on these and it seems like they are not a very good unit, but with 2 Fusion Guns and 2 Shining Spears in each squad, they will function as my tank/vehicle killers.)

Fast Attack
Hemlock Wraithfighter
(More Warp Charges, -2 Leadership, and both Telepathy and Runes of Battle rolls. I'm hoping between this and the Warlocks I'll be able to get at least 1 Horrify.)

Heavy Support
Vaul's Wrath Support Battery
1x Vibro cannon
Warlock
(An easy way to sneak in an extra Warlock. Probably won't do much casting, but a free Warp Charge is nice. Additionally, the Vibro cannon gives me the option of Pinning a unit up to 48" away, so can support the Harlequin unit to prevent overwatches before they charge anything scary.)

+ Lord of War +
Wraithknight, Ghostglaive and Scattershield
(The last addition to my list. Originally these points were used for a unit of Haywire scourges and a Reaver jetbike unit, but I wanted something big a scary that couldn't be ignored so my Harlequin unit didn't get instantly vaporized. I don't want to go with the Wraithcannons as I think they're a little silly for the points. Additionally, this unit gives me an answer to Imperial Knights and other Superheavies that the Storm Guardians might have struggled to bring down.)
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

1850 ITC Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC Freakshow   1850 ITC Freakshow I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23 2016, 04:38

Having run a succesful freakshow- I would suggest the following:

Wraithknight one Scatter laser and 2 D cannons. ranged D goodness. so good.

Spiritseer instead of skyrunner- Terrify is soooooo good. Load him in the Harlequin raider, and I would only take a minimal troupe.

Archon instead of succubus. The harlies can get Ap2 through kisses/embraces etc, and that 2++ is golden for getting harlies into combat. Add A WWP if you want, and your projecting a -4 LD bubble within 6 inches exactly where you need it.

Im not sold on the warlocks- Id rather run Scalpel Squad. Even without liquifier/ossefactor. that extra -1 LD bubble is nice when your army is meant to attack out Leadership.

The plane is cool, I dont run it, but its personal choice.

Windriders instead of Storm guardians. These guys are too good. Like seriously too good.

Again my opinions, but I haven't lost with my list yet. Smile

Symbiode
Slave
Symbiode

1850 ITC Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC Freakshow   1850 ITC Freakshow I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25 2016, 20:17

Thanks for the advice! I was hesitant about running a Spiritseer over the Farseer, but I really liked the idea of Terrify. I'm definitely switching at least one Farseer out then.

Good points on the Archon, swapping that as well.

I think I will keep the Storm guardians over the Windriders though. It's not because they are better, but like you said, Windriders seem 'too good'. I like avoiding the more obviously powerful units in my lists as I prefer a more casual approach, which is also why I went sword and shield over the twin D on the Wraithknight ('Casual' Wraithknight, hah! I do fight Stompas and IKs though, so I need some answer to them). Depending on how this performs in local tournaments, I may end up getting some Windriders to swap out when I want a harder list, and I'm definitely magnetizing the Wraithknight Wink

If I wasn't limited to a 3 Detachment minimum I would add a Scalpel squadron in, but I don't think I want to miss out on the Eldar units altogether for it.

Thanks again for the input, I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1850 ITC Freakshow Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1850 ITC Freakshow   1850 ITC Freakshow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 ITC Freakshow
Page 1 of 1