THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wretched Exodites

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr.Clock
Hellion
Dr.Clock

Wretched Exodites Empty
PostSubject: Wretched Exodites   Wretched Exodites I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06 2016, 06:28

Submitted for your approval: 1851 triple trouble.

This list is designed to be expanded to 2.5k, in which it basically just gets a bikeseer, 9 bikes and a WKnight (Dragon Prince)... but that project is still in process.

Basically, this is my attempt to emulate what I built when the DE 'dex was first 'redone'... and how they evolved to be itinerant Exodite descendents, looking for a home. These days they subsist in the flooded twilight reaches of the webway, hunting and taming the remnants of the beasts once used to build an Empire. Their effective command of a large area within the webway is permitted with respect to the fact that any unwary traveller is like to be beset by mutating warp-things of an amphibious or lizard-like aspect. Without the needed words of power, closely guarded among the Void Dreamers of the Wretched, only the most foolhardy Eldar will venture out beyond the Ghoul Stars.

In the list presented here, the DE reavers and the bike Prince are my few dragon knights, while the Harlequins are a Khainite sect that are basically Exodite Death Company... they are so traumatized by their lack of connection to a healthy World Spirit that they fond solace only in the murder of lesser trespassing races.

Anyway - I'm aware that I'd probably be better off using just tonnes of hornets and such, but I really like my Raiders, Ravager etc. My hope is that I have enough lance shots and mobility to kite and cut. It's also roughly built on an Astronomicon scoring format... I have to drop 350 points to reach that level, so I also want to figure out what out of these units to just drop altogether...

Anyway - have at it!

Command: Void Dreamer - lvl 3 - j.pack - 105

Titan Breakers

Dreamer - j.pack - shimmer - lvl 2 - 90

5 Reavers - 2 blaster - j.packs - 90

5 balestrikes - 3 DLance - j.packs - 120

Hate Bringers

Prince (seeker) - bike - sabre/shimmer - 110

2x5 Reavers - 2 blasters - 140

hornet - lance/pulse - 80

Dark Eldar Realspace Raiders:

Succubus - archite - 95

2x5 warriors - 80

2 venoms - 2x dual cannon - 130

6 Reavers - 2 caltrops - 126

2x Raiders - lance/night - 150

Razorwing - lances - 135

Ravager - 2 lances - 125

Cast of players - 275

Shadowseer lvl 2

Death Jester

6 harlies - 4 kisses

(1851)

Taking this vs. Necrons tomorrow... should be nutty.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Wretched Exodites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretched Exodites   Wretched Exodites I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06 2016, 11:25

Firstly, you can't have 2 Void Dreamers in the same detachment.

Also, there seem to be quite a few errors in either wargear or cost:

- A Lv3 Void Dreamer with only a Jet Pack is 95pts (not 105)

- 5 Reavers with 2 blasters and jet packs are 95pts (not 90)

- 5 balestrikes with 3 lances and jet packs are 110pts (not 120)

- A Prince with jetbike, void sabre and shimmershield is 125pts (not 110)

- A Razorwing with 2 Lances is 140pts (not 135)

- A Ravager with just 2 Lances is 120pts (not 125)

I'm also puzzled as to why you're playing a 1851pt game. Just seems like a bizarre number to me. Neutral

Anyway, in terms of tactical advice:

- When you have the option, I'd always try to run units with identical weapons. Hence, I'd want dark lances on all those balestrikes, I'd want 3 Dark Lances on the ravager and I'd want 2 Pulse Lasers on the Hornet.

- Considering that he has to be your warlord, I'd want something more substantial then a Shimmershield on my Corsair Prince.

- Wouldn't it be better to put one of the Jetpack-less Reaver squads into the Titan Breakers Coterie (since they gain virtually no benefit from Hate Bringers)?

- I like to have Blasters or Heat Lances on my Reaver Jetbikes, but it's up to you.

- If you can find the points, that Shadowseer would probably like a Mask of Secrets.

- I'm assuming that those Reavers with basters will be riding in those empty Raiders? Personally, I'd want them with Fusion Guns (and would probably give them Corsair Venoms instead of Raiders), but then I favour a more aggressive strategy with them so this might be more down to personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Clock
Hellion
Dr.Clock

Wretched Exodites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretched Exodites   Wretched Exodites I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 00:08

Thanks for your thorough advice, Shred.

Shred wrote:
Firstly, you can't have 2 Void Dreamers in the same detachment.

- page ref.?

Shred wrote:
- When you have the option, I'd always try to run units with identical weapons. Hence, I'd want dark lances on all those balestrikes, I'd want 3 Dark Lances on the ravager and I'd want 2 Pulse Lasers on the Hornet.

Fair point. I prefer the mixed on the Ravager for a few reasons... but mostly it's because you only fire 2 at full effect moving 12": if there's armour hiding, I'm more likely to want and move to keep range at max for as long as possible. It doesn't hurt that a dissie + 2 lances is plenty to give it a decent TEQ punch. Saves 5 points.

Hornet - I'm with ya mostly... unfortunately the model in question will not comfortably mount 2 pulses at present. May swap for scatter or consider how to improve conversion.

Shred wrote:
- Considering that he has to be your warlord, I'd want something more substantial then a Shimmershield on my Corsair Prince.

I did not see that rule at all. Thanks for pointing it out.

Shred wrote:
- Wouldn't it be better to put one of the Jetpack-less Reaver squads into the Titan Breakers Coterie (since they gain virtually no benefit from Hate Bringers)?

Yes. CAD habits die hard.

Shred wrote:
- I like to have Blasters or Heat Lances on my Reaver Jetbikes, but it's up to you.

Me too. Had to shave points and they were designed mostly as Prince caddy...

Shred wrote:
- If you can find the points, that Shadowseer would probably like a Mask of Secrets.

Interesting... will consider in future... but I'm now not convinced on the Harlie-star generally; gonna try Malevolents next (see below).

Shred wrote:
I'm assuming that those Reavers with basters will be riding in those empty Raiders? Personally, I'd want them with Fusion Guns (and would probably give them Corsair Venoms instead of Raiders), but then I favour a more aggressive strategy with them so this might be more down to personal preference.

Yes, that's the plan... also last night, I realized that I probably had enough dark light fire... so swapped those Raiders to disintegrators. Worked a treat. Melta units sounds like it would do okay with a sufficient number of units, but these are essentially the Ravager's outriders. With Obj Sec, they really just want to stay mobile, and stay shooting at extreme range. I also just have the models armed with them... so it 'feels right' in this list lol.

Anyway - game was good, won 5-2 in Crusade, with First Blood, Linebreaker and three objectives. Opponent had Decurion with minimized Canoptek Harvest, Royal court, full transport barge, 15-man warriors, 2x5 Immortals in Scythes, 2x5 Lychguard, 5 bikes.

Harlie star killed bikes first turn, warrior blob second turn, and was shot off table in third. Probably worth it, as those ignores cover jetbikes could have downed stuff real quick.

Harvest Formation was just stupid. I didn't realize that you could turn off the Wraith's Protocols by killing the tomb spider... so it took me 4 turns and roughly 50% of my fire to kill them, and they still ate two units (raider, venom). Mostly didn't matter though because I was ~200% faster than the opponent, with ~50-70% more range.

If his Scythes had gone for my transports earlier instead of smashing my Harlies, he probably would have done a bit better.

Corsairs just ARE that good!

Anyway - here goes with list two:

Command Crew:

Dreamer - j.pack - lvl 3 - shimmer - 110

Dreamer - j.pack - lvl 3 - 95

Titan Breakers

Baron - sabre - bike - shimmer - psychic - 95

5 Reavers - 2 blasters - 70

2x5 Malevolents - 4 pw - 210

5 balestrikes - 3 DLance - j.packs - 120 (75 + 45 = 120)

Sky Burners

Baron - psychic - jetpack - 50

5 Reavers - 2 blaster - j.packs - 95

Dark Eldar CAD:

Succubus - archite - 95

DT: Venom - dual cannon - 65

2x5 warriors - 80

DT: Venom - dual cannon - 65

DT: Raider - night - dissie - 70

FA Raider - night - dissie - 70

6 Reavers - 2 caltrops - 2 blasters - 146

Razorwing - 2 lances - 140

Ravager - 2 lances - 120

Pretty much the same strategy here, but with the Harlies broken out into 2x5 Malevolents. After using Warp Tunnel, my basic plan is to throw those units in turn 2-3 and let them bog down one flank of the enemy. Smaller units of them means that I'm less likely to face shooting because I'm less likely to sweep stuff... the Harliestar suffered from being TOO kitted in my battle today lol.

Beyond that, I shaved points just getting Barons. They are low level psychers to get my dice pool up and throw the odd useful Divination around when it suits. Thought about going to 3 Dreamers, but this seems better as I don't think that much Aethermancy is going to be relevant, really.

I'm going to have to pull the 'transport shuffle' in the early game, as the plan is still to have have kabalites in venoms and Reavers in Raiders... hopefully that won't be too difficult or annoying : P... may just convert my razorwing as a Nightwing proxy to free up the FA slot so that I don't have to do this, but Obj Sec on kabalites wins games in my experience - even if it's just 10 dudes in venoms... could be worth the early game hassle.

Anyway - thanks again!

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Wretched Exodites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretched Exodites   Wretched Exodites I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 09:53

Congrats on your win. Smile

The Void Dreamer restriction is on his page. See the "0-1" right before his name? It means you can only ever have one of them in a detachment.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Clock
Hellion
Dr.Clock

Wretched Exodites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretched Exodites   Wretched Exodites I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 16:26

I... am an idiot... thx. I just kept scanning the army special rules, detachment limitations, and his special rules for the 'unique' rule : P

What would you suggest in the place of the second one in the list above? I'm thinking either one more hornet, or a dissie Ravager... If I had a few more points I'd be tempted to throw a Prince out there to put drugs on the Malevolents... but in a list w/ that Succubus, it seems like I'm getting into overkill/top heavy territory again.

Interestingly enough, I put together a list using CWE and Corsairs that scores a 'perfect comp' on Astro's rules - their tournaments emphasize fluff, so it's nice to know that we've got what it takes to build good lists in a balanced format:

Command Crew:

Titan Breakers (Sky burners?)

Baron - psychic - jetpack - 50

2x Corsair Venoms - scatter/splinter-cannon - (1 sky burner) 125

2x 5 Malevolents - 4 pw - 210

5 balestrikes - 3 DLance - j.packs - 120

Eldar CAD

BikeSeer - spear - 120

2x3 bikes - 2 s.cannons - 122

3 bikes - scatter - 81

Crimson Hunter - 140

War Walker - dual scatter - 60

War Walker - dual scatter - 60

Thanks for your patience, Shred!

Cheers,

E
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Wretched Exodites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretched Exodites   Wretched Exodites I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 16:39

I'm afraid every Corsair detachment must contain exactly 1 Corsair Prince (there's a paragraph about it above his statline, under the fluff).

Corsairs are quite restrictive with their HQs. tongue

In terms of replacing the Void Dreamer, I'm not sure how many points you'll have left after also adding a Prince (presumably replacing a Baron). If it's not enough for a hornet, you could perhaps get some more gear. I'd want 2 more dark lances on those balestrikes. And, your corsair reavers or malevolents might like jet packs (depending on which ones will be pinching those DE Raiders).

Also, a minor point but you could consider replacing the Succubus with a Lhamaean in a Venom if you need extra points (and/or want an extra venom). It doesn't seem like the best list for her.

One other thing rulewise - do those 2 malevolent squads have 4 power weapons each or 4 between them?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Clock
Hellion
Dr.Clock

Wretched Exodites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretched Exodites   Wretched Exodites I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2016, 21:38

Jeebus... yeah... very restrictive.

At 1746, with CWE allies :

Prince - bike - shadow field - psychic - sabre (seeker) - 155

Titan Breakers (Sky burners?)

Baron - shimmer - sabre - 65

6 bikes - 3 splinter cannons - drugs - 155

2x Corsair Venoms - scatter/splinter-cannon - 120

8 Malevolents - 2 pw - drugs - 165

Nightwing - 125

6 balestrikes - 4 DLance - j.packs - 165

Eldar Allies

BikeSeer - spear - 120

3 bikes - 3 scatter - 81

Warp Hunter - 185

Basically self-explanatory, I hope... Cheap beater Baron with 8 Druggie Malevolents for early assault opportunities, then the Prince and his bikes to pick on stuff that gets too close, while also potentially benefitting significantly from Divination in early turns (essentially anything with a T rating has to fear these, and their true strengths will be linked to the Prince's Divination roll) ... Dreamer and Bikeseer slink around, buffing/debuffing and 'web walking' to make the whole thing work; everybody else just kites around murderfacing at extreme range. Very flexible deployment/reserves opporunities, and proper glass-cannony, without just being all glass.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wretched Exodites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretched Exodites   Wretched Exodites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wretched Exodites
Page 1 of 1