THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

LVO Battle Reports

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

LVO Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: LVO Battle Reports   LVO Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2016, 21:42

So I just got back from the LVO and I had a great time. All of the different events looked rad and there were a good number of venders selling goods and discounted prices.

anyways I had a few test games with this list before LVO and enjoyed it quite a lot. I had made a few changes before the event including dropping my seconds Farseer, turning the corsairs from a Skyburners Coterie to a Corsair CAD and taking inquisition. I mainly took inquisition because I wanted cheap bodies to help fill the gaps in my Void Shield Generator and to get servo skulls because there are quite a lot of scouting and/or infiltrate armies out there.

here is my list

Craftworld Eldar CAD

Farseer w/ Jetbike

2x3 Scatterbikes

3 Windriders w/ nothing

8 Warp Spiders /incld Exarch

2x1 Hornets w/ pulse lasers

Eldar Warp Hunter

Skathach Wraithknight w/ Inferno lances, scatter laser.

Eldar Corsairs CAD

Prince w/ bike, Void sabre, shadow field, mask of secretes. WARLORD

3 Cloud Dancers w/ 3 Splinter Cannons.

3 Cloud Dancers.

Corsair Warp Hunter

INQUISITION DETACHMENT

Inquisitor w/ 3 Servo skulls

7 henchmen w/ 1 melta bomb
1 Psycher

7 henchmen
1 Psycher

FORTIFICATION

Void Shield Generator x3 shields.

Before I write the battle reports I would like to say that this list performs better than I thought it would. it deals with a lot of the popular meta armies right now which is solid. and the inquisition has been amazing so far. They have been great for taking objectives, holding up enemies, blocking charge lanes, giving me cheap extra warp charges and casting useful powers.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

LVO Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: LVO Battle Reports   LVO Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2016, 00:35

I played a very nice player with  a Grey Knight + Red Scorpions I believe.

His list was something like this.
Kaldor Draigo
Librarian w/ termi armour and I believe lvl3 psycher
Dreadknight  w/ teleporter, heavy psycannon, greatsword
Dreadknight  w/ teleporter, heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon, greatsword
Dreadknight  w/ teleporter, heavy incinerator, heavy psycannon, greatsword
5 Strike squad, incinerator, Justicar w/ daemon hammer
5 Strike squad w/ Psycannon, Justicar

Marine Allies
Magister Severin Loth
5 Scouts w/ sniper rifles
3 Grav Centurions w/ Sarge for split fire.

Game 1: ITC mission #1 (Emperor's Will +  modified Maelstrom), Bonus points are Linebreaker, Slay the Warlord and Big game hunter (whomever kills the model/unit worth the most points at the end of the game gets the point)

Pre game thoughts.
I am feeling fairly confident about this game as I have more bodies, fire power and mobility, but I have to be careful because if he can bring down my Void Shields right away with his dreadknights he could do a lot of damage to my forces with the centurions and dreadknights. Especially with those heavy incinerators. Severin Loth could be a huge pain as he gets to chose his psych powers so he will obviously take Invisibility, probably Shrouded and probably prescience from the other librarian. Draigo knows Gate so that could for sure be really annoying

GAME 1:
Deployment: Dawn of War
Night fight: No
Warlord Traits.  None to take notice of for either army

Eldar Powers this game: Guide, Invis and Shriek.
Inquisition powers: Shriek and nothing else important.

The game has a fairly even spread around the board, except one side had a few more multi level ruins for better cover. The Grey knights win the roll for table sides and pick this side. They also win the roll for deploy first and go first. Objective 2 is near the center of the table and objective 1 is about 12"  to the right  in a ruin

My opponent deploys his dreadknights mostly centrally with each one being about a foot apart. His centurions with Loth, Draigo and Librarion deploy in the lower level of a ruin so that my Warp Hunters can't rain on their parade with their D-barrage. he also deploys the scouts. He decides to deep strike the Strike Squads.   I deploy my whole army on the board and within the VSG  and behind a LoS blocking hill to help prevent the knights from hitting me too hard the first turn. If he takes out my VSG right away those heavy Incinerators could do some serious work on my forces. I also make sure to deploy far enough away so that the centurions can hit me turn one unless they cast Gate and take down my shields.

I fail to sieze.

Turn 1:  Maelstrom roll:  Grey Knights rolled hold objective 1 and 2 for maelstrom this turn.  
Eldar: have at least 3 scoring units and none of my opponents in my deployment zone and hold objective 2.

Grey Knights Turn 1: The Dreadknights jump forwards towards my forces and lines up to take out my VSG and take out as much as he can turn one. He casts I barley deny invis so he decides not to Gate with the centurions and keep them safe under a ruin. That's it for powers of note. He may have gotten more, but I don't remember. His rolling fails him with all of his dreadknights and he only manages to take down 1 Void Shield with 18 st7 shots and the heavy incinerators. This is really bad for the Grey Knights and they did no damage to me.

Eldar Turn 1:  I move my forces around a little bit to deal as much damage as I can to his Dreadknights. I move my spiders up to be able to target one of two dreadknights incase I need to finish one off. I move a hornet out of the shields to get a better shot at a dreadknight.
My psychic phase is a bust as I roll a 2 for extra psychic dices, and I either fail or the grey knights stop all of my powers.
My shooting phase goes well as the 2 warp hunters, 2 hornets and the Skathach wraithknight manage to kill one dreadknight and get one down to 1 wound. My warp spiders, scatter bikes and splinter bikes kill the third dreadknight. The dreadknights that I killed were the heavy incinerator ones. so that is good for me. I also score both of my Maelstrom, First blood and so far I have big game hunter. My opponent didn't get any of his Maelstrom points this turn as I shot the dreadknights off of the objectives that he had to control. I Jump and few unit around with JsJ moves and end my turn. This turn went about as well as I could have hoped. I feel very confident in my victory. It is just a matter of seeing how many points I can score for the mission. I rolls to see if I get my Void Shield back. I get the lost shield.

Maelstrom score turn 1:
Grey Knights: 0
Eldar: 2

Turn 2: Maelstrom: The Grey Knight players rolls Kill an Enemy Unit and he has to have at least one scoring unit  partially within my deployment zone.
Eldar get Hold Objective 2 and Destroy an Enemy Unit

Grey Knights Turn 2: He rolls reserve rolls and gets the psycannon strike squad into play. He choses to deepstrike them near cover and within range to try and pop my Void Shields. The incinerator unit also deep strikes in, but does so near his Maelstrom objective under a ruin to protect them from the warp hunters. He runs to make the strike squad make it under the ruin. He scatters the psycannon strike squad back a little bit and this puts him just out of range of a unit within my shields. But he is still in my deployment zone. He moves the last knight towards my warp spiders in the hopes of charging them.
The psychic phase sees the Centurions Gate into a better position to try and kill the Hornet. He scatters about 10-11 inches into a henchmen unit so mishaps. His Centurions end up in ongoing reserve.  
His dreadknight declares a chage against the warp spiders and they kill the dreadknight with a really good overwatch getting 3 6's.  

Eldar Turn 2. I roll a long warp jump for my warp spiders and jump them towards the strike squad holding the enemy emperors will and hiding in the ruins. I also move the hornet to get a clear shot of one of the strike marines as the warp spiders.  I put my wraithknight into a safe place so that he can avoid the Centurions when they arrive next turn.
I cast invis the Wraithknight and guide and warp hunter.
My shooting phase sees the strike squad in my deployment get wiped out by a hornet and all of my bikes. The scouts hiding behind some terrain get hit with my warp hunters, but they scatter quite badly and I manage to kill 1-2 scouts. The Grey Knight strike squad holding his Maelstrom obj take 3 casualties. I turbo naked bikes to take objective 2.  All LD tests are passed

Maelstrom score turn 2:
Grey Knights: 0
Eldar: 4

Turn 3: Grey Knights get Kill and Enemy unit and have 3 scoring units in his deployment zone and none of mine.
Eldar get the same.

Grey Knights Turn 3: At this point the Grey Knights best chance for bonus points is to try and get Big Game Hunter from the Wraithknight and hopefully line breaker if he is really lucky.  Killing the Wraithknight would also help him catch up in Maelstrom, but probably not by enough except with exceptional luck.
His Centurions walk on the board and hope to Cast Gate to get them into a better firing position to teleport within my void shield or take out the hornet outside of the void shields for a maelstrom.  His other two units stay put and out of harm's way.
His psychic phase goes well and he manages to cast invisibility, prescience and gate on his centerions. He tries to deep strike, but scatters just outside of the Void Shields. His shooting see my Hornet get shot to crap and take a ton of hull points worth of damage.  He turn ends and he finally earns a Maelstrom.  Too little too late it seems.

Eldar Turn 3: ITC has changed Invisibility so that enemy units shooting at an invisible unit fire at bs1 rather than snap shoot.  This is a huge difference, and make invisibility still amazing, but not so broken as it is in normal games.  so I can shoot his Centstar with my Warp Hunters. be it at bs1.
The psychic phase sees one of my inquisitor psykers cast Shriek on the Centstar. She kills and Centurion and Loth look out sirs a few wounds to drago who tanks the screams while taking no wounds.
So I move a Warp Hunter to get to within Dflail range and get the rest of my army into position to try and finish of his Centstar, Scout and strike squad.  My shooting sees the spiders finish off the strike squad, my Scatter and Splinter bikes finish off the scouts and the rest of my army kills Loth, get Draigo down to 1 wound and his librarian is still alive.  The Dflail did most of the damage.  I get both Maelstrom again

Maelstrom score turn 3:
Grey Knights: 1
Eldar: 6

Turn 4. We decide to play turn 4 for fun even though I have the game in the bag.

Grey Knights Turn 4:  Draigo leaves the Librarian and moves towards the henchmen to try and get of a 8" charge though cover because he wants revenge for hurting his ears with that Shriek.  The librarian moves to engage something else.  He casts Prescience on Draigo, but that's it for the psychic phase. The assault phase see's Draigo roll a 9" for his charge, but he fails that because he was charging through cover. The librarian didn't do much either.

Eldar Turn 2:  I went into clean up mode and I want to kill Draigo with henchmen pistols. I move my prince up to get a charge against Draigo for fun if need be.
I get guide on the wraithknight. I don't bother with anything else.
The Dflail on the Warp Hunter kills his Warlord Librarian. My Henchmen don't kill Draigo, but my Prince with his bike unit manage to finish him off.

END OF GAME!
I end up getting the max of 11 points for the first match of the event. The Grey Knights get  Zero this game.

I figured I would win this game from the start, but didn't think I would be getting max points out of the game. My opponent had a really bad first turn and that basically decided the game at that point.

This was a good warm up match for me as the rest of my games were against much stronger opponents and armies.

GAME 2 was a very scary game and the match could have gone either way. I played a nasty ork army.

here is the list.
His Stompa rolled 6 for the number of Void Shields it has.  

I will post the 2nd battle report soon.  ITC mission 2: Relic + Modified Maelstrom, and Hammer and Anvil deployment

ORK CAD
Painboy w/ Grot Orderly, Warbike.

Zhadsnark 'Da Ruppa' from forgeworld. Warlord. (makes bikes troops)

5 Tank Bustas
5 Tanks Bustas

7 warbikes
Nob w/ Power Klaw

5 Warbikes
Nob w/ Power Klaw

5 Warbikes
Nob w/ Power Klaw

5 Warbikes
Nob w/ Power Klaw

10 Lootas

10 Lootas

Buzzgob's Big Mek Stompa w/ added Deff Kannon, Mega Klaw.
Big Mek Boss Buzzgob.  

Void Shield Generator w/ 3 Void Shields

Wych
Cavalier

LVO Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: LVO Battle Reports   LVO Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2016, 12:25

Hey Colin nice bat-reps so far. Very nice victory against the Grey Knights. Not the most hardcore army but when they get all their psychic buffs off and what not they can be a royal pain. I know you aren't done with your bat-reps but I gotta ask how did the Warp Hunters perform for you? Also how did you do without any flyers? Was it a bother?

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

LVO Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: LVO Battle Reports   LVO Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2016, 15:14

Warp hunters are usually really good. I think you could get away with 1 if you have a seer with guide, but I believe two is the magic number. I almost always had guide on one which was a tremendous help. Especially when you are character sniping. I have had about 12-14 games with the hunters so far. About half the games with 1 and the other half with 2.
Flyers can be annoying, but my army is fast enough to not really care to much. That and the Inferno lance Wraithknight with guide will scare flyers and usually make them jink. Especially since he can target 3 of them at a time if need be.

I am thinking of dropping one Warp Hunter and replacing it with either a hemlock to give me more psychic support and D, or taking 2-3 Dcannon artillery with something else. Just an experiment.

I will go into detail later on the hunters. I have to get to work.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

LVO Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: LVO Battle Reports   LVO Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2016, 15:37

I will have a more interesting battle report on here soon. Just been busy.

I might do quicker overviews of my battles and spend more time discussing what I have learned about my Eldar/Corsair list

LVO Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Re: LVO Battle Reports   LVO Battle Reports I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LVO Battle Reports
Page 1 of 1