THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Hex Coven

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Haemonculus_Vercingetorix
Slave

The Hex Coven Empty
PostSubject: The Hex Coven   The Hex Coven I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2016, 23:58

So here is the start to my Hex Coven, Been mixing up the perfect colors to use for them and found some great colors at a local shop. Looking to add in plenty more wracks 2 engines and paint up my two other haemonculi

Heres my first batch of wracks and the Haemonculus
The Hex Coven 12688229_10208697719910312_738471059835603485_n

And it seems a right of passage So my first converted Grotesque, made from bits from the wracks a venom and a lord of plagues model.
The Hex Coven 12688087_10208697719870311_5120751586312970241_n
Back to top Go down
Lupefi
Hellion
Lupefi

The Hex Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Coven   The Hex Coven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 22:45

I'm about to do the same thing. I love the look of the hex wracks in the book. Any advice on what colors to use or just tips as far as layering white on gray or gray on white goes?

( i hope that made sense, english is not my first language.)
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

The Hex Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Coven   The Hex Coven I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19 2016, 22:36

Ooooo a fellow Hex player. Love the haemonculus in the Hex colours I'm surprised how well it suits him. Did you use Ushabti bone and Temple Guard blue?

Sybarite
Korazell

The Hex Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Coven   The Hex Coven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2016, 22:05

Very nice! I love the skin color you used.

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

The Hex Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Coven   The Hex Coven I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 23:57

I look forward to seeing the taloi and chronos

Slave

The Hex Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Coven   The Hex Coven I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23 2016, 08:20

More photos to come soon of my grots and the cronos!

I don't actually use any GW paints for these guys. I mix alot of my own colors for these haviong a fine art background so I'll list them off as best I can.

Skin tone is made from a mix of speedball acrylic screen printing ink dark red, (screen print ink is an acrylic base thats identical to paint really) buttercream luxe craft Bisque white chalk matte line, and speedball screen print brown.

The wash over it is utrecht quinacridone violet made by heavily watering down the paint. Then highlights in the buttercream bisque white.

The blue cloth and the fluid in the vials/tanks is with just buttercream luxe craft teal lagoon.

All the bone parts and the linen looking clothing was made with the skintone i mixed and the silvers and the metal is done with Golden brand fluid acrylics iridescent silver (fine)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hex Coven Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hex Coven   The Hex Coven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hex Coven
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-