THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Newb question about the Codex

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Huskblade
Slave
Huskblade

Newb question about the Codex Empty
PostSubject: Newb question about the Codex   Newb question about the Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2016, 00:13

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

Alright, I'll keep this short and sweet since I am sure the answer will be likewise. I am new to 40k and currently possess the DE Codex and a handful of Kabalites. The dilemma I've run into preparing my first Army Lists is that I don't know where to find the point costs for weapons in the Codex. Also, which weapons qualify as "Special Weapons"? Sorry, dumb questions I know, but I'd much appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Eternally,

Huskblade
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Newb question about the Codex   Newb question about the Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2016, 00:49

There's a section for queries and questions, I think..,

Nonetheless, such weapons are found in the Wargear section, alongside Heavy Weapons.

Special weapons are a subheading of ranged weapons, and as evinced in their name, they're more exotic and expensive than regular standard issue guns

They include:
Blasters, Shredders, Haywire Blasters* & Heat Lances**

*Scourges only
** Scourges and Reavers only

As far as your Kabalites are concerned, a typical unit might be 5 Kabalites, 4 of which have regular splinter rifles, and 1 of which can trade his splinter rifle for either a Shredder or a Blaster (always pick Blaster).

You could also opt to buy a heavy weapon in much the same manner, except it requires at least 10 Kabalites in a unit to purchase. For example, 10 Kabalites, 8 which retain their splinter rifle, one which trades his splinter rifle for a special weapon (always pick Blaster) , and another which swaps his splinter rifle for a heavy weapon (your choice of Dark Lance or Splinter Cannon).

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: Newb question about the Codex   Newb question about the Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2016, 00:52

Before the units entry pages (HQ, Troops, etc) there is a page called Dark Eldar Armoury or something like that. There you can find all the categories (Special Weapons, Heavy Weapons, etc) and the costs.

Huskblade
Slave
Huskblade

PostSubject: Re: Newb question about the Codex   Newb question about the Codex I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2016, 01:03

Eureka!

Thank you both for your precious time, the point costs are found on page 69 (Giggety) of the DE Codex! Also, in regards to my Kabalites, thank you for your council, I fully intend to field them as two units of 5, each unit carrying a Blaster into combat (I have an extra Blaster from a used Kabalite sprue). Apologies for posting this in the wrong section. Thanks again.

Eternally,

Huskblade
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newb question about the Codex   Newb question about the Codex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newb question about the Codex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: