THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Yet another new Dark Eldar player

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ortamuswolf
Slave
ortamuswolf

Yet another new Dark Eldar player Empty
PostSubject: Yet another new Dark Eldar player   Yet another new Dark Eldar player I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27 2016, 01:15

Hello my dark brethren, I've just started my army of Dark Eldar mainly drawn to it due to some beautiful models... amazing... secondly I like the challenge they produce and as we all know our numbers are limited giving a unique feel when played.

I've started a campaign with a few mates of mine, starts at 500 points then onwards and upwards to a final point total of approx. 2000 points.

it starts in a month... and I only have 5 kabilites painted Crying or Very sad long way to go.

I eventually want to get some scourges but am unsure how to get four haywire blasters... any tips?

looking forward to speaking with you guys soon.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Yet another new Dark Eldar player   Yet another new Dark Eldar player I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27 2016, 01:50

Greetings!

Welcome aboard, both to our insidious forums, and to the Dark Eldar as a whole.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you, both painting and playing, but all Dark Eldar players have a masochistic streak one way or another - why else play a faction devoted to torture and hedonism?

ortamuswolf wrote:
I eventually want to get some scourges but am unsure how to get four haywire blasters... any tips?

I'm actually working on that myself at the moment too. The trick is to cut weapons you don't want into parts of weapons you do want. You can then tinker with various bits and pieces to get the desired look.

For example, the shredder. You can slice it in half at the barrel, add some length in the middle of the two sections with some kind of tube/rod, then do some fine tuning with the ends of the gun and you're good.

If you have any experience sculpting with putty or green stuff, you can get decent results. There's a plethora of spiky bits and pieces in all dark eldar kits so you can add them on to the end to get that desired, forked look on the haywire blaster.

Alternatively, you can use the haywire blaster from any kits for Pain Engines you buy, nip them a bit smaller and attach a handle.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Yet another new Dark Eldar player   Yet another new Dark Eldar player I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27 2016, 09:51

I bought two boxes of scourges and had talos stuff. One kit includes two heat lances and two Haywire Blaster. So body those and built a Haywire scourges and heat Lance scourge unit.

Welcome to the dark city anyway! Don't let the doom sayers here pull you down.

Slave
ortamuswolf

PostSubject: Re: Yet another new Dark Eldar player   Yet another new Dark Eldar player I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05 2016, 11:03

thanks for the input guys. so I bought the scourges, and managed to use the shredder as you said hydranixx and I'm happy with the results. 4 haywire blasters go on!

and I've finished a venom and another 5 kabalites. just got to keep cracking on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another new Dark Eldar player   Yet another new Dark Eldar player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another new Dark Eldar player
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-
Jump to: