THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards

Go down 
+6
Skari
colinsherlow
The_Burning_Eye
CptMetal
Myrvn
fisheyes
10 posters
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards Empty
PostSubject: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2016, 01:59

So fellow Archons, do you see any advantage to taking the Supremacy Tactical Objective cards over the old cards?

The added VP mostly seem worth it. We are capable of doing most of the objectives, and some of them give extra VP for destroying enemy units in CC (which we excel at).

Some of them involve holding objectives for 2 turns, which we certainly dont do well.

Overall, I think I will use these in my next game.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2016, 02:14

I haven't seen a good assessment of the differences. What had been dropped? Expanded? Completely different?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2016, 06:08

Do you have a list of those?

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2016, 08:49

I'm getting hold of a set tomorrow night, I'll do a review of them on my blog this weekend.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2016, 11:27

Nice. Thanks. Please put a link online.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2016, 16:14

They are a new set of 36 cards. Basically they follow the same numbering system as before, but new objectives.

Summery by Number:
1X - 1VP to take objective X just like in the old set
2X - 2VP to hold objective X for two turns in a row
3X - D3VP to take objective X from opponent
4X - 1-3VP for various new objectives.
5X - Same as 4X
6X - 2VP to destroy a specific enemy unit in CC. 1VP to destroy with shooting.

Overall, im not sure if we were better off with half the objectives being "take objective X". Obsec transports are great.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2016, 17:26

My buddy has them so I had a glance at them yesterday.
I can remember most of them.

Overall there are option to gain more than one point on most of the cards. A lot of the objectives harder to achieve, but there are no you have to kill an enemy flyer or roll pass psychic powers etc..

From what I remember.

11-16:  Capture a specific objective. 11 is obj 1, 12 obj 2 ect.  1 point for achieving this.

21-26: Capture specific objective as above except a scoring unit must control the objective until the end of your next turn. It has to be the same unit that took the objective that holds it.  2 maelstrom points

31-36:  example. 33- score d3 points if objective marker 3 was controlled by your opponent at the start of you turn, and you control it at the end of your turn.  31-obj 1, 32 obj 2 etc..
So your opponent has to control the numbered objective before you can attempt to gain any points.

41-46:
41- score 1 VP if at the end of your turn you control the objective number corresponds to the current turn number.

42- when this tactical objective is generated (re-rolling doubles). Score 1 VP at the end of your turn if you control one of the objectives markers that corresponds to one of the objective markers rolled. Score d3 VPs if you control both at the end of your turn.

43- roll a d6. Score 1 VP at the end of your turn if you control the objective marker that corresponds to the number rolled. Score d3 VPs if your Warlord controls that objective.

44- Score d3 points if you control at least 2 EVEN numbered objectives at the end of your turn.

45- same as 44 except ODD numbers.

46- score d3+2 VPs if at the end of your turn you control 2 EVEN and 2 ODD objectives.

51-56:
51- roll a d6 when this card in generated. Score 1VP if at the end of your turn if there are no enemy units within 3" of the objective whose number corresponds to the number rolled. If there are no enemy units within 9" score d3 pts instead.

52- score 1VP if at the end of your turn an enemy unit that was controlling an objective was completely destroyed. In addition. If one of your scoring units controls that objective at the end of your turn earn d3 points instead.

53- score 1VP if you destroy an enemy unit in either the shooting or assault phase. If at least 1 or more enemy units was destroyed during both your shooting and assault phase score d3 VPs. If at least 3 enemy units were killed in both the shooting and your assault phase score d3+3 VPs.

54- if at the end of your turn an enemy model suffered 3 wounds (or hull points) during the assault phase and was removed as a causality score 1 VP.
If the enemy had 5+ wounds at the start of the assault phase and was removed as a causality score d3 points instead.

55- score 1VP at the end of your turn if at least 1 model was removed as a causality from 3 different enemy units.
Score d3 VPs if you do this to 6 or more enemy units.

56- score 1 VP at the end of your turn if there are no enemy units within 6" from the centre of the battle field. Score d3 if this is 12"

61-66: each objective is to kill a certain unit from a specific force org choice in either the shooting or psychic phase for . 61 troop, 62 elite, 63 fast, 64 heavy, 65 HQ, 66 LoW.
61-64 are if you kill that force org choice in the psych or shooting phase get 1vp. You get 2 VPs if you kill the enemy in assault.
65-is kill an HQ. Kill the HQ in the psych or shooting phase gain 2 VPs. If killed in the assault phase you get d3+2.

66- is LoW. Like 65 except you get 3 VPs or d3+3 for assault.

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02 2016, 22:47

I took a look at them. I do like them. There are some great ones, like the take objective from opponent because we have the speed to blast people off objectives and boost onto them. Or to use a high number of OBSEC units to take on the enemy army and capture things from under them. The take for two turns can be harder but there are also some great non useless ones like hill HQ's or Elites... or what not. I think they warrant a second look at, and even some are taken right out of our dark eldar deck! Like pain in all its forms, killing models from multiple units and what not... so all in all I think that there is a lot of potential in the deck. Some of the cards like, take objective from the enemy, these are from the cities of death deck that they limited released in WD months back. I would like to compare them all and see how different they actually are.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
MHaruspex
Kabalite Warrior
MHaruspex

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03 2016, 00:52

They do seem pretty nice. I'd probably stick with the other generics though - I run RSR and lack of ObSec makes me think I'd only rarely be able to achieve the take&hold cards.

Last edited by MHaruspex on Thu Mar 03 2016, 05:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03 2016, 03:07

It'd be quite handy if you could mix and match to build your own tactical objective deck. Maybe with some card protectors so the backs look the same... are the new cards the same size as the old ones?

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03 2016, 03:12

No. The new ones are the same size as Psyker cards.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2016, 08:03

Cool, good to know. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05 2016, 06:11

Hmm. So would you think a 6x troop with transports CAD would be beneficial? That is a lot of objectives, but it also seems like a lot of holding.
Back to top Go down
Æther
Hellion
Æther

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05 2016, 22:25

Yeah these cards are built for objective secured, as others have said before me. So with any list you'd wanna max your troop choices playing with these cards.

I don't like these cards since most of my army is built around being a RSR detach, but if you did play these I would play CAD all the way, Kabalite Army. Its like the one time I would upgrade my guys to Sybarites and Dracons for the nades and leadership.

Obligatory tax HQ
3x4blasterborn with Dracons/Haywire Nades in Venoms
6x5man Warriors with Blaster and Sybarites/Haywire Nades in Venoms
3x Ravagers Tri-lance

Any list somewhat like that would work with these cards
I'd imagine splinter rack boats of warriors could work also, if not be better. 6xtroops with DT's in a CAD for sure though, then I'd play these cards.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09 2016, 13:14

My review isn't going up until Friday as I'm playing a game with the new deck tomorrow night.

It's not looking great so far though - the size of the cards seems a massive own goal by GW given you're supposed to be able to swap in the faction specific cards, which are half the size! Many of the objectives themselves just don't feel 'tactical' to me, there's just too much randomness in there (for example one card rewards you for killing a unit in the shooting or assault phases, then rewards you with D3 for killing a unit in both the shooting and assault phases? So I've got a reasonable odds of getting 1pt for killing 2 units, or 1pt for killing one? Sloppy). There's also quite a lot of 'roll a dice then go claim that objective' type cards, almost as if they couldn't think of anything more creative or challenging to put in there. In terms of creativity, there's definitely some duplicates, I know Skari mentioned one of our cards that's been duplicated and some cities of death ones, and there's also a white scars faction specific card copied over that I've noticed.

As for the 'take and hold' cards, even for resilient units they're not great - you end up trying to hold an objective for two turns, and for that you get two points - which you could easily do by achieving two 1pt objective cards, with a much better chance of getting multi-point cards by cycling your deck.

I may change my view tomorrow night, but so far colour me unconvinced, and I doubt I'll use them much.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09 2016, 17:32

But you can get two points for one card. That's the a advantage I guess.

Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10 2016, 08:53

CptMetal wrote:
But you can get two points for one card. That's the a advantage I guess.

It is, but you still have to hold onto that objective for two turns. That means you either have to grab objectives and hope you get the 1 in 36 chance of that card or you have to keep the card for two turns. That's fine, but in two turns I could quite conceivably score two other cards, gaining me the same number of points as a minimum, and quite possibly getting me a lot more.

Those cards will be great when you draw them for any units that are sitting back in your deployment zone holding an objective all game, but if you draw it for an objective you didn't hold in your last turn, I'd suggest they're just not worth it, they paint a huge target on whichever unit you choose to hold the objective with in all but one maelstrom mission (where the cards are kept 'secret') meaning it's pretty easy for an opponent to stop you scoring it unless you're holding the objective with a unit that can weather a serious amount of firepower. Generally speaking that type of unit isn't exactly mobile either so can't really secure objectives that are any distance from them.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2016, 11:46

Forgive the double post - but I now have the link for my review of the cards.

Tactical supremacy cards - review and my thoughts

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards   Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supremacy Tactical Objective Cards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: