THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 - the army of cool models.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

1750 - the army of cool models. Empty
PostSubject: 1750 - the army of cool models.   1750 - the army of cool models. I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 14:35

First off, let me say this army is not intended for hardcore competitive gaming. I want an army that's fun to play with, fun for my opponents and uses lots of cool models while minimizing spamming of certain units. This is the first time I've ever posted an army list online, as I usually feel I know best what to do. However, since I've not had that many games with me DE yet, I'd like to know what the collective knowledge of this board has to say about my mad construction.

Archon
- Soul Trap
- Husk Blade
- Shadow Field
- Combat Drugs
- Haywire Grenades

7 Incubi
- Raider with Night Shields

8 Mandrakes
- Nightfiend

10 Warriors
- Splinter Cannon

5 Warriors
- Blaster
- Venom with second Splinter Cannon

5 Warriors
- Blaster
- Venom with second Splinter Cannon

9 Wyches
- Haywire Grenades
- Shardnet & Impaler
- Hekatrix with Agoniser

9 Wyches
- Haywire Grenades
- Shardnet & Impaler
- Hekatrix with Agoniser

5 Scourges
- 2 Haywire Blasters

Ravager with Flickerfield

Ravager with Flickerfield

Cronos
- Spirit Vortex

I realize conventional wisdom holds that I should get a PGL for my archon so my Incubi will have grenades, but I'll just assault stuff not in cover with them unless I really have to. The huskblade/soultrap thing is too much fun to pass so I had to include that one - and I feel DE are a high risk/high reward army, so it fits into that a bit as well.
I love the Mandrake models too much to leave them out, so instead of taking a lame squad of 3 or 5 guys or so, I wanted to take decent squad that can get a pain token from the Cronos and start firing baleblasts at stuff.
I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

So please let me know what you think!

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: 1750 - the army of cool models.   1750 - the army of cool models. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 10:57

I like your list. I agree it doesn't seem terribly competitive but the models are cool and the archon alone would be reason enough to try it. It looks a lot like what I want to run but I really think the jet bikes are cool and want them in my mix. To lower my points to accomodate them I'll probably be running bloodbrides to support my archon rather than incubi. I'm leaning toward nets on the ladies as the archon by himself is a serious pain train. I'm up in the air concerning the cronos/talos; love the model and painting it would be much more enjoyable than 3 ravagers in all heavy support slots.

I'm not into mandrakes so I'd be more into the idea of larger troop squads for the warriors (great models and I need numbers because I'm "probability challenged". I'll try to post my list soon so you won't be the only non-competitive clown Smile but I'd rather get my test models up for c&c.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1750 - the army of cool models.   1750 - the army of cool models. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 12:39

Let me begin by saying that I'm not a gamer, but I appreciate what you’re trying to do. As my planned army is also based of what looks good, rather than being all powerful.

Aesthetically:
Although not as competitive, I like the look of shredders more than blasters, so maybe add one to the unit of ten warriors? Again with the Wyches for more diversity you could possibly swap something for a razorflail? (Also very cool in my book)

Tactically:
Is the Archon going to be attacking vehicles? If not I’d drop the haywire grenades as they are a bit of a waste otherwise.

I've heard people say that you don’t want too many Incubi as you'll kill too fast and get gunned down after destroying the unit you were in combat with. Shrinking their size to four dropping the raider for a venom would enable you to give the Archon a Webway portal, which would be great for deploying the Chronos and Scourges.

Again please take my comments with a pinch of salt as my gaming knowledge and experience is non-existent!
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: 1750 - the army of cool models.   1750 - the army of cool models. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 13:20

Thanks for the feedback so far guys. Let me break it down so I can formulate a detailed response:

@ Horrid: No hurry, painting is more important than posting lists anyway Wink.

@ Ariensis:
The short range of the Shredder is what kills it for me. I'd rather have the extra poisoned shot at 24" than the blast when the enemy gets to close. The Warriors should be sitting on an objective in or near my deployment zone, and they should be fire 15 poisoned shots at whatever is in range. As such the Shredder will almost never come into play as I intend to intercept whatever comes their way before they can harm my warriors.

As for the razorflail: I quite like the look of the Shardnet (very Roman gladiatorial style - something I really like). That's the reason I took them. The other options might be more useful in game, but I did it for the looks. I could exchange one of them for something else though, I haven't assembled the second squad yet, so I'll take it into consideration.

The haywire grenade on the Archon is more of a backup security measure. I don't want him to get stuck in with a dreadnought or something and not be able to get out other than turning into paste. Besides, the list came in at 1745, so I had the 5 pts I'd not use for something else.

I like the models too much to only use 4 of them. And since they're at risk of losing a couple of guys due to crashing raiders or striking last when assaulting in cover I'd rather have the extra bodies. That way they still have some hitting power left after the initial hits. And the Archon will join a squad of Wyches most of the time, so I the Incubi need all the help they can get. If I'd run the Archon with the Incubi I'd agree with you, though.

I hope this explains the list a bit better. But it's good to get some feedback on it, so I'd really like to thank you guys for providing some. And please, feel free to add some more comments on the list.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: 1750 - the army of cool models.   1750 - the army of cool models. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 21:44

If you can find the points take two smaller squads of incubi rather than one large one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 - the army of cool models.   1750 - the army of cool models. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 - the army of cool models.
Page 1 of 1