THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point list (returning player)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

1500 point list (returning player) Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point list (returning player)   1500 point list (returning player) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2016, 11:59

Combined arms

HQ
Archon(HB,CF)
Venom(SC)
+court (4 ur-ghuls)

230 pts

Troops

3x (10 kab warrios in raider with DL/NS)

465 pts

Elites

5 trueborn (3x blaster 2x cannon) in venom with SC

195 pts

Fast attack
5x reavers (1x blaster, 1x CC)

105 pts

Heavy
1x ravager 3x DL +NS

140 pts

Dark Artisan formation

Heamonculus with nightmare doll
Talos (HW, Flail)
Cronos (Probe)

365 points.

The list is meant to be fun but also based around models i already have. I know I am not going to win but I do enjoy playing the field and making use of the objective secured. I have a talos but i havent bought the rest of the dark artisan formation so I could scrap that and just take a talos normal and use the points elsewhere but man it sounds like fun to use.

Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion
Rhameil

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point list (returning player)   1500 point list (returning player) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2016, 12:05

I'd say switch the trueborn to 4 blasters. It makes them more focused and remember they can fire at a different target to their transport, so you can use the blasters to pop something open and the Splinter Cannons on the Venom to spray what was inside.

Some people will tell you to use Venoms instead of Raiders for your warriors, but I have personally had a lot of success with Raider squads. I'd say Splinter Racks are essential though.

I'd also drop the blaster on the Reavers so you're not tempted not to jink.
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point list (returning player)   1500 point list (returning player) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2016, 12:15

Rhameil wrote:
I'd say switch the trueborn to 4 blasters. It makes them more focused and remember they can fire at a different target to their transport, so you can use the blasters to pop something open and the Splinter Cannons on the Venom to spray what was inside.

Some people will tell you to use Venoms instead of Raiders for your warriors, but I have personally had a lot of success with Raider squads. I'd say Splinter Racks are essential though.

I'd also drop the blaster on the Reavers so you're not tempted not to jink.

If I lose the blaster from the reavers, take 1 darklance off, and run 3 ur-ghuls instead of 4 I could run racks on all 3. (as well as switching the trueborn)

Would this be more optimal?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point list (returning player)   1500 point list (returning player) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2016, 17:36

Yes, it would be more optimal. I'd also swap out the huskblade archon for an archite glaive succubus. The huskblade is really a pretty bad weapon since your archon is only S3. Most things he's only going to wound on a 5+, and many things he won't be able to wound at all. And without being able to wound, instant death means nothing. The succubus is by far the superior hand to hand combatant with combat drugs, a weapon with 2 attack modes, and comes stock with a 4++ in melee, which you're paying 20 points for on the archon. Overall, you pay 10 points less for the succubus.

I'd also be inclined to drop the night shields on the ravager(because you almost never want to jink with it) and drop 2 more dark lances from the raiders. So all 3 raiders would have dissies.

Then, with the 35 points you'd have leftover, I'd get 1 more reaver, and split them into 2 groups of 3, both with cluster caltrops. That should leave you at 1496 points spent.
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point list (returning player)   1500 point list (returning player) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2016, 23:38

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Yes, it would be more optimal. I'd also swap out the huskblade archon for an archite glaive succubus. The huskblade is really a pretty bad weapon since your archon is only S3. Most things he's only going to wound on a 5+, and many things he won't be able to wound at all. And without being able to wound, instant death means nothing. The succubus is by far the superior hand to hand combatant with combat drugs, a weapon with 2 attack modes, and comes stock with a 4++ in melee, which you're paying 20 points for on the archon. Overall, you pay 10 points less for the succubus.

I'd also be inclined to drop the night shields on the ravager(because you almost never want to jink with it) and drop 2 more dark lances from the raiders. So all 3 raiders would have dissies.

Then, with the 35 points you'd have leftover, I'd get 1 more reaver, and split them into 2 groups of 3, both with cluster caltrops. That should leave you at 1496 points spent.

I like that idea about the HQ, honestly I have been considering moving away from the archon all together but I was confused when it comes to the rules with HQ's and transports.  Would I still be able to deploy the succubus with the ur-ghuls in the transport?  I have 2 venoms so I wanted to try and use both in my list but I could be convinced at dropping the ur-ghuls, but I did want the hq in a venom if possible.  Since I have 3 raiders and 2 venoms I wanted to use the second venom with my HQ (I have played 2 games where my archon didnt even shoot or enter combat, my 750 pts list takes him stock because I honestly couldnt figure out what to do with him)

Also with only the ravager I am worried about anti air (not that I had any to begin with, was just hoping on rolling like a champ when it came to 6's with all the DL's, is only 3 enough in a 1500 pts?)  Also, without NS I was worried about being flanked and wanted the 4++ just in case.  My deployment is going to be based around keeping that ravager safe so it can pop vehicles for me.

Its really vehicles and flyers I am worried about. Advice in dealing with them is appreciated.  The targets inside are wanted for splinter practice =)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point list (returning player)   1500 point list (returning player) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12 2016, 04:41

Yeah, you can still take the ur-ghuls and succubus in the venom. Basically, the succubus is 1 HQ choice, and the ur-ghuls take up the second HQ slot in the combined arms detachment. Since a succubus is an independent character, she can join the ur-ghuls during deployment, and they can get into a dedicated transport purchased for her OR them.

I can see it now, a succubus seductively looking at a pack of ravening ur-ghuls, demurely saying, "My venom, or yours?" Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point list (returning player)   1500 point list (returning player) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 point list (returning player)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: