THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls

Go down 
+4
Painjunky
killedbydeath
Xm0shcryptX
Skari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls Empty
PostSubject: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13 2016, 00:18

Fear The Reaper! A unit comparison between the faithful ravager and the Forgeworld Reaper and its vortex storm projector! - http://www.patreon.com/posts/4819475 read the article. Leave a comment!
What do you think is better?
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13 2016, 02:37

Reaper>3 lance ravager. But I don't take lance ravagers cuz they suck. Only way to run them is dissies and leave scourge, blaster born and reapers for anti tank
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13 2016, 07:40

Well I think you are right. The reaper is better than the ravager against hordes. But against normal vehicles or super heavys I don't know. You only have one "big" shoot with the reaper than you need to hit with and "wound" with. The lance ravager have 3 shoots. Without doing the math, you have about 2/3 chance of hitting and if you want the 5+ kill shot about 33 % chance of than and against vehicles you probably do 2 hull points. The ravager have the same hit change so 2 shots will hit and against most super heavys a 50/50 chance of wounding. So 1 hull point or wound but you have a explosion chance against normal vehicles.

The reaper is probably like the ravager best in group's of 3...
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13 2016, 10:19

Nice quick read. Thanks!

You have inspired me to proxy a reaper instead of my usual lance ravager. Even tho I always had dismissed the reaper cos one shot syndrome. Also i agree that hay-scourges rock!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13 2016, 12:45

Where do I find its rules?

Nice read btw. Inspired me to proxy one to try it out.

Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13 2016, 14:39

The rules Are in apocalypse 2 I think... Or imperial armour apocalypse . I'm looking forward to playing it .

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13 2016, 22:44

I read the article quickly so correct me if I'm wrong but, in a 1850 list you a running 1 unit of scourge and a reaper. Is that enough anti tank?
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13 2016, 23:07

In usually 1500

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2016, 08:08

I've been playing around with getting a Reaper as I only have two Ravagers at the moment. I've generally enjoyed using some Talos as my third HS because they work well in my Meta and have had some good experiences.

I have been planning on picking up a third Ravager but I may pick up a Reaper now... just to try it out. i can see the value in it as long as you don't have terrible luck with single shot stuff.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2016, 16:04

Playing against guards, I often thought about trying the reapers, because guards are either mass vehicule, or mass troops and I always have trouble with the good mix of anti-tank and anti-infantry.

Reapers, with the blast template, could serve in both situations. Maybe I'll use it in the future.
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2016, 17:36

Looking forward to seen reapers in your next battle rapport. Would be nice to see have good they are in game not just theoryhammer.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2016, 18:16

@Skari if you find out where the rules are, please tell me. I need those rules!

Arrrr...!

PostSubject: Re: Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls   Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear the reaper- vs the ravager of souls
Page 1 of 1