THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dual CAD or RSR?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Dual CAD or RSR? Empty
PostSubject: Dual CAD or RSR?   Dual CAD or RSR? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2016, 02:52

Our Fast Attack choices are dope Twisted Evil

Almost every single entry has some appeal to it, and I find myself very quickly using up all 3 slots in a CAD and wanting more, especially if we're taking transports in Fast Attack slots.

In my eyes, objective secured is worth more than the small cover bonuses that RSR gives, but I don't like paying tax for so many Kabalites and Courts.

Veterans: if you wanted to play a list with lots of Fast Attack choices, how would you go about deciding which detachment(s) to take?

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Dual CAD or RSR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Dual CAD or RSR? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2016, 05:15

Depends. Are there no limits regarding the number of detachments? Double CAD it is.

Wych
hydranixx

Dual CAD or RSR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Dual CAD or RSR? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2016, 08:08

CptMetal wrote:
Depends. Are there no limits regarding the number of detachments? Double CAD it is.

That easy huh? I mean, that's the formula I'd normally use, but I just wonder if the tax alone makes people double think taking two of them.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Dual CAD or RSR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Dual CAD or RSR? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2016, 09:12

The 'tax' is basically 90 points (2 x min Kabalite, plus Lhamean) which I don't think is that bad, especially when the command 'benefit' of RSR is so incredibly poor that I don't even consider it worth taking, especially not at the cost of objsec.

mika
Hellion
mika

Dual CAD or RSR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Dual CAD or RSR? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15 2016, 15:25

I'm going to a tournament at the end of the month and I had the same problem. The way I solved it was : A CAD + a RSR, maxed my troops in CAD and my fast attack in RSR Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

Dual CAD or RSR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Dual CAD or RSR? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2016, 09:13

Dual CAD would be the best option (if you can spare the points) as obsec is useful especially if playing with the new maelstrom deck.

However when i'm in the mood for reaver spam 6 FA is not enough! So i go 1 CAD + 1 RSR, like mika said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dual CAD or RSR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual CAD or RSR?   Dual CAD or RSR? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dual CAD or RSR?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-