THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Orks and soulfright

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Orks and soulfright  Empty
PostSubject: Orks and soulfright    Orks and soulfright  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2016, 13:30

I'm going to play against Orks next Friday and I plan on using Phantasm launcher and that archangel bomb because last game he just hid behind an aegis and went to ground with his looters. Can Orks somehow become fearless and therefore immune to this tactic?
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Orks and soulfright    Orks and soulfright  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2016, 15:21

The new detachment makes all Orks fearless every turn. I'm not sure if it is by character or by model though. It would probably knock out the ability to use soul fright.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Orks and soulfright    Orks and soulfright  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2016, 15:29

Myrvn wrote:
The new detachment makes all Orks fearless every turn.

Does it? I've not got the book but all I heard was that it let you call a Waaaaggh every turn, which doesn't give Fearless AFAIK.

Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Orks and soulfright    Orks and soulfright  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2016, 15:33

I believe it is a combo of rules with Ghaz. My opponent had a one page printout with all the rules as it was difficult to match everything up. So this is probably 70/30 confidence
However, with Ghaz's Whaagh, Ghaz got a 2++ and the rest of the army was fearless. (Friendly game to learn the new detachment)

It felt like Warmachine and aiming for a caster kill on turn 1 before the Whaagh could be called, as then my task became much harder.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Orks and soulfright    Orks and soulfright  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2016, 15:36

Myrvn wrote:
The new detachment makes all Orks fearless every turn. I'm not sure if it is by character or by model though. It would probably knock out the ability to use soul fright.

As I understand it, this is only the case if you use the detachment AND your warboss has the 'Prophet of the Waagh!' warlord trait.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Orks and soulfright    Orks and soulfright  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2016, 15:51

krayd wrote:
Myrvn wrote:

As I understand it, this is only the case if you use the detachment AND your warboss has the 'Prophet of the Waagh!' warlord trait.

More info here. Essentially you need to take a pretty expensive formation (Council of WAAGH!) in order to make it happen.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Orks and soulfright    Orks and soulfright  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16 2016, 19:18

Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:
Myrvn wrote:

More info here. Essentially you need to take a pretty expensive formation (Council of WAAGH!) in order to make it happen.

The reason why this works is because Ghaz comes with the 'Prophet of the Waagh!' warlord trait, and he's a required component of the Council of WAAGH!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orks and soulfright    Orks and soulfright  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orks and soulfright
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-