THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Markings?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

Dark Eldar Markings? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Markings?   Dark Eldar Markings? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19 2016, 18:25

Ive been having trouble finding exactly what the different markings on the vehicles mean.

My searches come up with mostly legal stuff about GW not letting chessex print eldar symbols on dice lol.
Back to top Go down
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Markings?   Dark Eldar Markings? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20 2016, 00:22

Depends which you're referring to, and I can only say so much as I don't own much in the way of the new range, but...

The Dark Eldar (and Eldar) language(s) consists of runes, so certain markings you see along the way and in the codex/etc are simply letters/words and the like.

Also each Kabal/Cult/Coven tends to have its own symbol, and I think maybe a lot of the kits have one similar to this emblazoned? Although that's kind of like putting the ultramarines shoulder pad on every marine ever put into production...

A lot, I'm sure, are just decorative.
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Markings?   Dark Eldar Markings? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20 2016, 01:09

Thats kind of the feeling I got. I wasnt sure if there was a direct list of translations or meaning.

Boy would I feel silly if I spent hours painting runes and such on my vehicles only to find out it means 'trash' or something like that.

Like one of those bad tattoos of something that is supposed to mean something it doesnt in another language.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Markings?   Dark Eldar Markings? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 01:22

If you want symbols that don't represent any of the canon factions, the Dark "Aelf" transfer sheet could be helpful.

Dark Eldar Markings? Image7

The large red runes are the names of gods though, and the only Dark Eldar who still care about them (Khaine specifically - the symetrical rune with the tree blood drops) are the Incubi.
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Markings?   Dark Eldar Markings? I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2016, 21:33

Unless the fluff of your Kabal/Cult means you care about the gods, of course. Fluff is a big factor for example most of my vehicles have gold tribal swirls on them but they don't actually mean anything its something the Parched who make the vehicles do to allow them to feel 'part of' society. That being said if the archons don't like those patterns for ANY reason all hell breaks loose.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Markings?   Dark Eldar Markings? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Markings?
Page 1 of 1