THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Hunger
Slave

Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope) Empty
PostSubject: Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope)   Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 30 2011, 23:04

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get back into 40k after...it might be over a decade at this point. The last time I played, the Sisters of Battle and Necrons were merely small army entries in a Chapter Approved supplement. My first and only army was Dark Eldar; I enjoyed them because they were kind of a tabletop representation of my Id...no restraint, completely self-serving and amoral, indulgent of appetites. I like the thought of playing the bad guys, and this sort of evil appeals to me more than, say, being a slave to dark gods.

I hope to really get into things again, though I'm having trouble finding a gaming store in my area. And I'm sort of intimidated by these new models (which look spectacular). I could never paint, a friend painted my old army which I don't own anymore. I'd like to learn but I'm not really the artistic painting type. Hopefully I won't be too horrible at it.

Anyway, I look forward to stalking the halls around here. Wish me luck in my search for a local gaming store.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope)   Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 00:55

Welcome to The Dark City, and welcome back to 40K.

Never be afraid to just give your fig's a blast with a can of spray paint and then hit the table. That's just fine if you mainly want to play. And don't be shy about showing them here, or asking questions.

One thing you might interested in is using GW's washes for really simple but effective and good looking paint jobs. Prime+wash(es)=job's a good 'un!

See here for an excellent tutorial by Thoume https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5mcpGhUJzM

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope)   Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 01:47

welcome

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
The Hunger
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope)   Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02 2011, 05:02

Thank you. I guess I'm so anxious about painting because I'd really like to make my miniatures look pretty nice. I'm checking out that tutorial now. Pretty much trying to read every newbie painting guide I can get my hands on.

Still looking for a gaming store near me, though. I don't even own the Codex yet, I kind of want to give that money to a local store rather than the Internet. Ah well, the search continues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope)   Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning to 40k after a LONG time (I hope)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-
Jump to: