THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1851 points of pure Dark Eldar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Duartvex
Slave
Archon Duartvex

1851 points of pure Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 13:56

+ HQ (60pts) +

Archon (60pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Kabalite Armour, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol]

+ Elites (370pts) +

Kabalite Trueborn (185pts) [Kabalite Armour]
····Kabalite Trueborn with Special Weapon (26pts) [Blaster (15pts), Close Combat Weapon]
····Kabalite Trueborn with Special Weapon (26pts) [Blaster (15pts), Close Combat Weapon]
····Trueborn with Heavy Weapon (26pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Splinter cannon (15pts)]
····Venom (55pts) [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Twin Linked Splinter Rifles]

Kabalite Trueborn (185pts) [Kabalite Armour]
····Trueborn with Heavy Weapon (26pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Splinter cannon (15pts)]
····Venom (55pts) [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Twin Linked Splinter Rifles]

+ Troops (492pts) +

Kabalite Warriors (123pts) [Kabalite Armour]
····5x Kabalite Warrior (40pts) [5x Close Combat Weapon, 5x Splinter Rifle]
····Sybarite (18pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Splinter Rifle]
····Venom (65pts) [Flickerfield, Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon (10pts)]

+ Fast Attack (249pts) +

Reavers (83pts) [Cluster caltrops (15pts), Wychsuit]
····Arena Champion (26pts) [Bladevanes, Close Combat Weapon, Splinter pistol]
········Reaver jetbike [Splinter Rifle]
····Reaver (16pts) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon, Splinter pistol]
····Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models) (26pts) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon]
········Reaver jetbike (10pts) [Blaster (10pts)]

····Reaver with special weapon (up to 1 for 3 models) (26pts) [Bladevanes, Close combat weapon]

+ Heavy Support (390pts) +

Ravager (130pts) [Dark Lance (5pts), Dark Lance (5pts), Dark Lance (5pts), Enhanced Aethersails (5pts)]

Ravager (130pts) [Dark Lance (5pts), Dark Lance (5pts), Dark Lance (5pts), Enhanced Aethersails (5pts)]

++ Dark Eldar: Supplement - Haemonculus Covens (Formation Detachment) (290pts) ++

+ Formation (290pts) +

Formation: Dark Artisan (290pts)
····Cronos (100pts) [Armoured Carapace, Spirit Syphon]
····Haemonculus (70pts) [2x Close combat weapon, Gnarlskin, Splinter Pistol]
····Talos (120pts) [Armoured Carapace, Close Combat Weapon, Close combat weapon, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon]

[[1851 points] my game shop has a leeway of 1 point ]]

First of all I know the list lacks anti-air so suggestions on what to drop and add are appreciated.

Thanks all this is my first post on the forum hopefully it will prove useful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 16:22

It's barely readable, could you please erase not necessary information?

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 16:36

Disclaimer: All list advice I offer tries to stick with the spirit of the list you've presented as best as possible while being as competitive as I can make it without just making up a new list.

I'm not a huge fan of blasterborn, as I think they're overpriced(you can get a tri-lance ravager and a venom for the same price as a venom and a unit of blasterborn). But if you like them, this is what I'd change:

First, drop the splinter cannons from the blasterborn. You just spent 104 points per squad to specialize them for anti-tank and AP2. Nothing you want to shoot at with them cares about a splinter cannon, and it limits your mobility. That's 30 points.

Next, you have 6 men in each of your kabalite warrior units, or you at least paid for 6 men. I'd drop the sybarite from all squads. No reason for him to be there. That's 72 points. Reavers only have a 5+ armour save, and get a 3+ cover save from jinking due to skilled rider, so you WANT to be jinking, which makes blasters a waste of points. I'd drop those too. I don't know what program you used to make your list, but it also had you pay for your arena champs in addition to the unit instead of as a part of the unit, so you currently have them in units of 4, which is a waste. I'd personally just drop the champs altogether. That's 108+72+30=210 points. I'd drop the Aethersails on the ravagers too. You generally want them shooting every turn, rather than zooming across the table. In the few times you DO want them to flat out, I suspect the 30 inches of movement a fast skimmer can do will be plenty.

Now, I wouldn't normally suggest this if you're running blasterborn unless you really need the points for something else, but you do. I'd drop 1 blaster from a blasterborn squad. That's 240. Now let's spend some points!

Swap the archon for a succubus w/archite glaive -35 points
Buy 3 grotesques(1 of which is an aberration w/agonizer - make sure you subtract 1 grotesque from the squad in your program so the points are right) - 140 points
Buy 1 raider - 55 points
Add an ichor injector to your talos - 10 points

If you make these changes, your list basically does everything it would have done before, except that your talos now wounds wraithknights on 2+, and you have a scary melee unit to put your scary melee HQ in(no idea where you were going to put your archon before). I wouldn't worry about anti-air. Just plan on ignoring air and killing everything on the table. If against an opponent with a lot of air, use your MSU. split your warriors from their venoms into cover and make a lot of different targets so he can't shoot everything.

Good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Archon Duartvex
Slave
Archon Duartvex

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 19:22

Thanks for the reply Smile I'm going to implement the changes you suggested.
Back to top Go down
Archon Duartvex
Slave
Archon Duartvex

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 19:27

After giving the Blasterborn a think I have decided to drop them from the list. Do you have any suggestions for a replacement ? I have some harlequins which I could ally in but idealy I would prefer to stay pure.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28 2016, 02:17

Well, that would give you 370 points, but no slots left in your FoC except elite.

If you combine all 3 reavers units together into 1 unit of 9, you could do the following:

Go ahead and upgrade a reaver to a champion(Makes more sense with 9 for the extra Leadership)
Purchase a court of the archon with a single Lhamaean in it for 10 points.
Buy a dual cannon venom as a dedicated transport for said Lhamaean.
Give your succubus haywire grenades.
Spend 280 points on 2 Razorwing Jetfighters w/Dark Lances and mono missiles(now you have anti-air and more anti-ground Wink)

That's 370 points.

EDIT: For the record though, I'm not 100% sure that the points you have listed are right. Maybe you could update your list to reflect your most current list/points?
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26 2016, 00:49

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Buy 3 grotesques(1 of which is an aberration w/agonizer - make sure you subtract 1 grotesque from the squad in your program so the points are right) - 140 points

BetrayTheWorld, what advantage does the agonizer give the aberration? I was under the impression that they already has 4+ poisoned? (I'm a returning player after about 10 years, working gradually on an 1850 list , so I'm very out of the know, haha)

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
Kehmor

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26 2016, 01:09

StreetsAhead wrote:
BetrayTheWorld wrote:

BetrayTheWorld, what advantage does the agonizer give the aberration? I was under the impression that they already has 4+ poisoned? (I'm a returning player after about 10 years, working gradually on an 1850 list , so I'm very out of the know, haha)

Thanks!

AP3 - ignores armor saves of 3+ or worse
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26 2016, 02:23

Yep, Kehmor got it. It ignores armour for marines and their equivalents.

Also, keep in mind that although grotesques do have 4+ poison, if they'd wound on a lower number, they use the lower number instead AND get a reroll to wound. It's a pretty big deal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StreetsAhead
Hellion
StreetsAhead

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26 2016, 13:14

Thanks for the replies! But wait... So if a grot if fighting a basic fire warrior, it wounds on 2s and gets to reroll?? Or is that only with the agonizer? You may have just blow my mind. Haha.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27 2016, 14:35

Yeah, it wounds on 2's and gets to reroll even without the agonizer, because their flesh gauntlet has poison too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1851 points of pure Dark Eldar   1851 points of pure Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1851 points of pure Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: