THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venoms vs. Starweavers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

Venoms vs. Starweavers Empty
PostSubject: Venoms vs. Starweavers   Venoms vs. Starweavers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2016, 18:52

Hey, I am working on my DE/Harlequin freakshow list and was wondering what people thought about what was a better ride for my 5 man troupe squads. Is it better to take 3 Venoms with dual cannons or 3 Star Weavers with the str 6 guns... I am thinking about Venoms because I have a bunch of them, but the Star Weavers would be fun to paint... what do people think? RB
Back to top Go down
WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

PostSubject: Re: Venoms vs. Starweavers   Venoms vs. Starweavers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07 2016, 20:29

Whats your list look like?

I run freakshow as well, but I run a cast of players.  They wont fit in a venom or weaver.

I would like to hear people's opinion on this as well.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Venoms vs. Starweavers   Venoms vs. Starweavers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2016, 21:30

Against regular infantry (up to Marines), Shuriken Cannons tend to be more effective than Splinter Cannons. But then, a Venom with two cannons fires twice as many shots, which can also kill monsters more easily.

Another bonus of the Starweaver is that it can transport a min-sized squad of Grotesques.
Back to top Go down
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Venoms vs. Starweavers   Venoms vs. Starweavers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08 2016, 22:27

@whysosully ~ Good point. Here is the list:
DE CAD
Haemoncili w/ Fleshgauntlet and Armor of Misery
2x Warriors with blasters in venoms with splinter cannons
3x empty venoms with splinter cannons

Coven Formation
Grotesqurie
Haemoncili w/ Fleshgauntlet
2x 3 grotesques in raiders with night shields

Masque Detachment
2x Shadowseer with Haywire Grens (1 w/ mask of secrets)

3x 5 Troupes with 2 Caress

2x 2 SkyWeavers with Haywire and Glave

1x Void Weaver

It does a great -3 to -5 ld debuff and PsiShriek combo! I put the Grotesques, Haemonuli, Shadowseers in the raiders and run up the flank. They hit like a truck!

@Rokuro ~ That's a great point about Star Weavers being able to carry the Grots. These days I use raiders for the extra transport capacity. RB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venoms vs. Starweavers   Venoms vs. Starweavers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venoms vs. Starweavers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: