THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies! Empty
PostSubject: Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!   Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09 2016, 16:21

My Summary

Ok - I just painted 1500 points of harlequins in 2 weeks and its nearly killed me.

Thought I would link it here so I can give some feedback post event.

The link above includes all 64 lists for the event and a nice little graph to show off the break up. Interesting reading!

I have played just 2 games with the revenge formation to date but both saw me table the enemy - the Ravenwing/Skyhammer player in the lists submitted as well as an Ironhands Double Land Raider (one was the Achilles!) in 5 turns or so.

I will post more info in the next 48 hours - win loss or draw!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
chickendinner
Hellion
chickendinner

PostSubject: Re: Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!   Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10 2016, 11:26

I would love to hear how you did it. I have toyed with the idea of a pure harly list for a long time, yet the only reason it hasn't become a reality is because I want to be able to play past turn three. I'm especially curious to listen to how you dealt with a skyhammer.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!   Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10 2016, 15:00

Just home... Full wrap up in the next day or 2

I beat a chaos daemons list game 1 (12-Cool, drew round 2 vs KDK (10-10), beat a dark eldar/harlies list game 3 (18-2) and tabled a white scars bike force (20-0) round 4 for 3 wins and a draw and 60 points out of 80 possible for tournament points!

Best of all our team won the event!

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!   Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11 2016, 02:38

Same. I'm looking forward to this story about the skyhammer! Nothing jumps out in the list to let me know what would save you from the skyhammer pinning, other than incredibly lucky rolls, but maybe I'm missing something? Share!!! And congratulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!   Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11 2016, 10:43

Its just a pinning test for the skyhammer - LD 10 is fine for it!

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!   Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11 2016, 17:13

Actually, it's not "just a pinning test".

It's a pinning test on 3d6, which has an average roll OVER 10, and is triggered just by being targetted, even if they fail to wound. Further, every skyhammer annihilation force I've ever seen has 4 of these devastator squads(2 full squads combat squaded to 4 squads of 5). But at minimum against an incompetent opponent, it HAS to have 2 of them.

So in general, 4 units of their choice would have to take these tests on 3d6 every round that they're allowed to shoot. While I suppose it's possible that your opponent missed something in their rules and didn't run it properly, if they did, even with leadership 10, you should have failed more tests than you passed.

EDIT: Unless they're playing the OTHER skyhammer formation from the kauyon book or whatever. But that one is worthless so I have no idea why they'd do that. It requires you to take 3 extra tactical squads and a land speeder, and only gives you the ability to run and shoot on the turn they arrive, without fleet. Any time I hear skyhammer, I automatically think "Skyhammer Annihilation Force" because that's the GOOD skyhammer. If they took the garbagehammer, ignore everything I've said up to this point. No explanation of your victory would be necessary for that particular matchup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!   Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Western Australian Team Challenge - 1500 pure Harlies!
Page 1 of 1