THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 pt De/E Assault List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

2000 pt De/E Assault List Empty
PostSubject: 2000 pt De/E Assault List   2000 pt De/E Assault List I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12 2016, 12:44

Hey everyone!

I know what youre thinking "Assault? Go home, child". Fortunately, I am at home, so here we go!

We are obviously in a shooty heavy edition, however, there is something just ever so satisfying about assault. So, ive tried to make a semi-competitive list themed around MSU assault troops from DE and E. However, Im new to the whole Eldar thing, so Im assuming that those choices will be less than optimal

I was hoping that you wonderful sadist could help me out with the list (specifically Eldar), as long as its keeping within the general "MSU assault" theme! Any and all advice is very much appreciated!

Also, just an FYI, Im still pretty new at the whole 40k thing, so this may be crap!

DE CAD

HQ - 10 pts
- Lham  

Troops - 210 pts
- 5 kabs In Venom w/ S.C
- 5 kabs In Venom w/ S.C

Elite - 190 pts
- 6 Incubi In Raider w/ E. Sails & Shock Prows

Heavy Support - 250 pts
- Ravager w/ 3 DL
- Ravager w/ 3 DL

Fast Attack - 259 pts
- 9 Reavers w/ 3x Caltrops
- Raider w/ E. Sails & Shock Prow

Dark Artisan - 340 pts

- Talos w/ Ichor
- Cronos w/ Spirit Probe
- Haemy w/ Scissor hands & parasite kiss (left over pts)

Eldar CAD

HQ - 75 pts
- Autarch w/ Banshee mask (rides to die w/ Incubi)

Troops - 122 pts
- 3 Windriders w/ 1x Cannon
- 3 Windriders w/ 1 x Cannon

Elites - 150
- 5 Wraithblades w/ ghost axe & forceshields (riders in FA raider

Aspect Host - 391 pts

- 4x Dark Reapers w/ 3x starshot & Exarch (Warlord) w/ Eldar missile launcher
- 5x Striking Scorpions w/Exarch
- 6x Striking Scorpions w/ Exarch w/ Scorpion Claw

And there she is. First and foremost: in a bound game setting, am I allowed to take 4 seperate formations??

Game plan kinda goes like this: Ravagers and Reapers sit back and take out armour, DA starts in the centre of the boardand walks its ugly ass up, drawing fire. Wraiths and incubi start just ahead of the AT, taking pot shots at AV11 (hoping to glance), or TEQ/MEQs if they are around. Venoms and Windriders take objectives and focus fire on any Infantry who had their transports popped, or are foot slogging (also for artillery).

Striking scorpion infiltrate and likely stand by until the assault crap hits the infantry fan, or hold back field objectives. Lastly, reavers try to either glance vehicles, take objectives, or take out infantry.

Once sufficient vehicles have been removed/sufficient infantry are on the board (T2 or T3), the incubi and wraiths boost up, hit a last transport w/ shock prows, or try to heard infantry towards the DA, disembark and hid behind their transports, then assault (hammer and anvil). Striking scorpions and reavers open up from the back field. Everyone dies, I win (haha)

Let me know how this looks, and please C&C me!
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt De/E Assault List   2000 pt De/E Assault List I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12 2016, 12:50

Looks good, should be fun.

You have two big scary units, which I dont see making it through T1 though. The 340 pt DA will be taking a LOT of fire because of how scary it is, and 265 pts for the Incibi raider means the transport will most likely get popped too.

If both of those go down, do you have a back-up plan?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt De/E Assault List   2000 pt De/E Assault List I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12 2016, 15:10

If I wanted to do an assault dark Eldar army I'd take a hell of a lot grotesques and Reavers with the occasional Incubbi sprinkled in.

Two grotesquerie with four and five grotesques in a night shield Raider with bare Haemonculus

Archon with agoniser and shadow field and soul trap in a night shield Raider with two Incubbi and a Klaivex

Two Venom Kabal squads with Blaster

Three 6 dude Reaver squads with two cluster caltrops

1988 points if I'm not mistaken and you got enough dangerous stuff to smash in faces.

I'd actually try that myself if I'd have enough grotesques and Reavers.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt De/E Assault List   2000 pt De/E Assault List I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12 2016, 17:42

You're allowed to take any number of detachments/formations in a bound list, only limited by the house rules of whatever place you're playing. Almost all tournament rules limit this in some way, but almost all are different, too. The ITC allows any combination of up to 3 detachments, but "super detachments" like the craftworld warhost or the carnival of pain that include multiple formations only counts as 1 detachment toward the 3 detachment limit.

As far as melee eldar/DE, let me first say that I really want wyches to be awesome. The models are too cool to be as bad as they are. But until that happens, we have what we have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What metal proposed is a good idea for pure DE, but if you WANT to mix eldar in, taking Eldrad and a jetbike farseer with 2 max sized units of khymera and 2 units of 6 swooping hawks creates a pretty powerful "in your face" dynamic. You roll on sanctic for both Eldrad and the bike farseer.

If they get some combination of hammerhand and/or sanctuary, you put them with the khymera for S6/T4 beasts with 12" movement and 4 attacks on the charge with a 4++ invuln. If they get some combination of gate of infinity/cleansing flame/vortex of doom, then you put them with the swooping hawks for no-scatter deep strike gate of infinity shenanigans that drops 2d6 S5 assault hits on every enemy unit within 9 inches, on top of possibly a D-template and 18 lasblaster shots.

You're pretty much guaranteed to get one combination or the other on each of them. Eldrad is on foot, but with a max-sized unit of khymera, you can stretch it out to where it almost doesn't effect their movement range at all, and can slingshot eldrad into combats with you.
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt De/E Assault List   2000 pt De/E Assault List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13 2016, 01:25

fisheyes wrote:
If both of those go down, do you have a back-up plan?

Well, that would be exactly what I want, with the DA anyways :p. My opponent will likely have to throw everything at the DA to take it down in one turn (approximate survivability of a wraithknight), which means that my AT units wont be shot at, allowing me to focus fire on their AT units with the ravagers, reapers,and even the reavers and windriders and raiders (shock prows) for transports. The goal is to eliminate all of their armour, make the opp footslog, then use my mobility to light em up.

The inbubi can always to hidden until they need to do their work. That being said, if I lose them, I lose them. If an opp decides to focus their fire on the incubi raider, it will take anywhere from 2-5 units of shooting to take it out, which is 2-5 units not shooting at the DA, or AT stuff. So essentially I see enough flexibility with this list to sacrifice a couple units without compromising effectiveness too much.

[quote= "CptMetal"] I'd actually try that myself if I'd have enough grotesques and Reavers. [/quote]

That definitely sounds like a nasty list, however, I havent gone down the grots road yet :p. Im planning on it, but im currently tied up with painting models and converting a talos into a giant dual-tailed scything talon walker haha. The only thing with your list is, no AT! Can grots take out AV14 vehicles?? Also, those striking scorpions are deadly if used correctly, now a grot + scorpion +reavers list.... that would be fun as hell!

Now im wondering how grots would stack up to wraithknights haha, as grots cost 5 more points
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt De/E Assault List   2000 pt De/E Assault List I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13 2016, 02:04

fisheyes wrote:
That definitely sounds like a nasty list, however, I havent gone down the grots road yet :p.

Grots perform this role very well, but most tough units in a Raider yield similar results. I imagine your Wraithblades will be fine for this; just ram them flat out turn 1 down your opponents throat and force them to deal with them, and the DA, and the Incubi (which should also consider flat outing)

The main goal is to present lots of targets up close, and I think your Scorpions are perfect for this and they complement the rush very nicely.

fisheyes wrote:
Also, those striking scorpions are deadly if used correctly, now a grot + scorpion +reavers list.... that would be fun as hell!

That sort of list sounds dope! Lots of varied close combat punch and more special rules than you can point a stick at.

If you did this, I'd move the Dark Reapers from your Aspect Host (they don't need +1 WS) into the CAD, and add in either Spears, Banshees or even more Scorpions to take advantage of the +1 WS boost.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 pt De/E Assault List   2000 pt De/E Assault List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 pt De/E Assault List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: