THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01 2011, 23:34

The Kabal of the Poisoned Pleasure started out as a simple drug operation, run by a Dark Eldar named Ugadin Tristatian. They brewed hypex and serpentin and other chemical candies within the slums of the Davoka district, held by the Kabal of the Killing Strike, rulers of the subrealm of U’Tradioth. The operation paid tribute to the Killing Strike, and kept a constant supply of drugs going to the Wych Cults, so they were tolerated and allowed to operate. Eventually, Ugadin’s gang was sponsored and even subsumed by the Killing Strike. Ugadin became a Dracon, serving under Archon Yhuae.

The Killing Strike was at constant war with a fleet of Eldar Corsairs known as the High Dragons. Long ago, Sadion, the trickster admiral of the fleet, had insulted Yhuae in the presence of several other powerful archons, making a complete fool of him before escaping into the webway. Since then, the two factions had been engaging each other on sight.

The plan was perfect. The corsairs had made planet fall, and were raiding a Tau settlement. After the resistance was crushed, as the resources were being harvested, they thought everything had gone smoothly. But Yhuae had gotten wind of their location, and struck like lightning.

Despite being caught off-guard, the High Dragons fought back valiantly. But the Killing Strike was merciless. Fueled by the Dracon’s drugs, they advanced onward, and soon the High Dragons were forced to fall back to their ships.

Sadion and Yhuae finally met in person on the green fields of the Tau settlement. They dueled. Two epically skilled swordsmen danced through the grass, each perfect blow perfectly parried or dodged. However, the Archon eventually disarmed the Eldar pirate, and pounced upon him. The pirate desperately tried to resist as the Archon’s knife hovered inches over his chest, but the Archon was stronger, and his weight was behind the blade. It crept closer an closer to whispering through his ribcage and penetrating his heart.

Suddenly, Sadion was covered with black viscera. He yelled aloud and scrambled backward, trying to figure out what had happened. Soon, his eyes fell upon a decorated Dark Eldar warrior, a Dracon, pointing a blast pistol where the Archon once was. “I have no quarrel with you. I feel it would be best to see you leave.”

Sadion retreated with the rest of his force, and never heard from the Killing Strike again.

Now the Archon of the Kabal, Ugadin Tristatian renamed it after its new form of revenue. Despite the obvious profitability of raiding the lesser races, Ugadin was convinced that the true money was in drug production. He set the whole territory in motion, having farmers grow grave lotus and even converting one food factory into a distillery for harder chemicals.

Ugadin delighted in new strains of grave lotus, in new drugs to try, and though many slaves met their deaths in attempts to brew more powerful elixirs and to test the limits of existing ones, Ugadin found a delight in testing them on one individual in particular. His daughter.

Vivyrus Tristatian was only a girl when she tasted splitermind for the first time. From then on, she was given massive doses of the most vile chemicals her small body could possibly process. She often sat in her quarters, moving toys back and forth with no pleasure, weeping, moaning as she dealt with the mind-ravaging side effects of constant drug use. And her father took delight in her anguish, caressing her hair in twisted affection.

It lasted for forty years. Forty years the young Lady Vivyrus was polluted with a constant stream of varying intoxicants. After forty years of abuse, her brain had lost its ability to produce adequate emotion. After forty years of intoxication, she found that she could produce no reason to live. And it took forty years before her hatred for her father finally took form.

She was curled up into a ball, sitting on her bed. Her father entered her quarters, a smile upon his face. He crept up to her, sat next to her, and put an arm around her. “What’s wrong, my child? Is something not to your liking?” His hand slipped under her bodice.

It happened in a split second. The young Lady ripped a glass blade from beneath the bedspread and plunged it into her father’s chest. The last things Ugadin saw as his soul was pulled into the crystal formation were the black eyes of his daughter.

That night, the young woman strode into the Great Hall of the tower. She stood before the Court and held up the crystal blade. “This was your Archon. He is now in a Hell of my creation. You all belong to me now.”

Lady Vivyrus Tristation, since she was but an adolescent in Eldar eyes, has ruled over the Kabal, now known as the Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved, for centuries with an iron claw. Though her emotions had been dulled to the point of suicidal depression, her intellect is as sharp as the razored glass at the end of the spear she affectionately calls “Daddy.” She has raided across the galaxy ever since, seeking new experiences to stir her stagnant brain chemistry. The only thing keeping her from suicide is the thought of the thirsting god waiting beyond the veil of death.

Allies:
Vivyrus has since gone upon a business venture her father thought imprudent: she founded a new Wych Cult, the Cult of the Killing Grace. The Grace took the local arenas by storm. The two Hekatrixes, Daria and Hetriax, became crowd favourites as they danced across the battlefield, sewing death and destruction in the trances of combat drugs brewed by the Kabal’s own distilleries. They soon even became part of the drugs’ advertizing campaign.
The Lady also has formed close ties to a local Haemonculus Coven, the Asphodel. The Kabal and the Coven have signed a deal of exclusive custom, the Coven serving only the Kabal and the Kabal only given patron to the Coven. The head haemonculus, Radian Yrreth, is one of the Archon’s inner circle.

Further updates ahead.

Back to top Go down
Ianuchu
Hellion
Ianuchu

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 22:57

Love it. Love everything about it. Absolutely awesome.

And reading this I get an idea... If you're planing to make custom character profile for Vivyrus (which I think you should), one of the special rules could be:
Lady of drugs
Any none-mechanical unit in an army including Vivyrus can take combat drugs at [insert suitable quantity here]pts per unit. In addition, any unit with combat drugs may re-roll the drug in use.

Just a couple ideas. Keep up the awesome fluff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 04:16

Finally, some feedback!

I appreciate your kind words, fellow forumite!

I've actually already written a character profile for her. I know I should give her some drug-related power, but I kinda feel that her current custom rules kinda make her nasty enough.

LADY VIVYRUS
Our Lady of Ecstasy

No idea how many points.

UNIT TYPE: Infantry

WS7 BS8 S3 T3 W3 I8 A4 Ld10 Sv5+

WARGEAR: Shadowfield, Plasma Grenades, Kabalite Armour, Combat Drugs

“Daddy” – The soul of Vivyrus’ father is forever trapped, screaming, in this spear. It can be thrown in the shooting phase and has the following profile:

Range: 12” S: 9 AP: 2 Type: Assault 1, Lance

If fired in such a way, it may not be used in the Assault Phase and is replaced with two close combat weapons. When “Daddy” is used in close combat, it works exactly like an agonizer. After the Assault Phase, “Daddy” is presumed to have teleported back to Lady Vivyrus, and may be used as a ranged weapon or as a special close combat weapon in the next turn.

SPECIAL RULES: Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Independent Character

Baiting the Beast: Lady Vivyrus Tristatian has the preferred enemy rule against any unit aligned with Slaanesh. This includes any Chaos Space Marine model with the Mark of Slaanesh, and any Daemon of Slaanesh.

Stylish Entrance: Any Raider or Venom carrying Lady Vivyrus Tristatian can deepstrike, and must only roll one D6 for deviation. In addition, Lady Vivyrus and any unit she belongs to may assault the turn she/it arrives.

Traitor: Any army fielding Lady Vivyrus Tristatian may not field Harlequins.

Archon: Lady Vivyrus may take a Court of the Archon.

I'm also writing a story about her exploits and about her status as "Traitor."
But I'll also be posting of her other exploits later, don't worry.

Back to top Go down
Ianuchu
Hellion
Ianuchu

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 11:42

Lets see...

So the Normal archon has:
WS - 7 / BS - 7 / S - 3 / T - 3 / W - 3 / I - 7 / A - 4 / Ld - 10 / Sv - 5+
And Vivy here has:
WS - 7 / BS - 8 / S - 3 / T - 3 / W - 3 / I - 8 / A - 4 / Ld - 10 / Sv - 5+

Increase of 1 BS and 1 I

The base cost for the Archon is 60 pts. If we add the upgrades that it could get through normal rules (Shadowfield - 30 pts, combat drugs - 10 pts) which would be 100 pts. We could say she has a supper agoniser, so 20 pts for it, and plus a special hability (and taking into account it's flaws) I'd say about 30 pts for Daddy.

For wargear and that stuff we have 130 pts.

With other factors, we could give her 10 pts for her I and BS increase. Baiting the beast is not a very useful ability, since it only takes effect on her and it won't aply for most occasions. Let's put it on 5 pts. The traitor is more of a feature rather than an upgrade, so no extra or less points for that. The Stilish entrance however, is very grand indeed. For the asault thing, I'd say about 10 pts, but for the deep strike, that should be 25 pts at least.

So in the end, I'd roughly estimate 190 pts. Sounds a bit expencive, so you should probably have a few tester games with this pts to see how it fares. Just make sure your oponent is aware and is ok with it.

Again, keep it up. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Namica
Slave
Namica

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 14:15

I really like it (and think I'll try my hand at making custom rules for my own Archon in the near future XD)

Though I think the story is focused to heavily on the family line, not to mention sort of goes over the newness of the new Kabal very quickly. Despite it being the daughters Kabal, still seems like it's the fathers (though, that could be the point). Maybe have some more depth to it. The story is all about founding, little on what's going on now.

Hellion
Father Dagon

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 27 2011, 21:48

Yeah, she doesn't even have a model yet. I'ven't played any games with the army just yet.

And, yes, dear Namica, I'm very aware that she needs some dastardly deeds on her record. I've only written her backstory, not much on what's going on with her now. I should definitely detail a few of her exploits. I'll try to come up with three good tales of unearthly evil soon.

Back to top Go down
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 05:31

The Searing of the Walgiru

During M39Y456, the peace-loving race known as the Walgiru came under attack by an alien force. Their cities were struck with orbital bombardments, their lesser towns raided and the inhabitants abducted. Military resistance was crushed, and military bases were turned to glass by strange plasma weapons. After a few weeks of terror and carnage, the leader of the aliens contacted that Walgiru’s queen. Calling herself Lady Vivyrus Tristatian, she made clear her terms: “The attacks will continue, dear matriarch, until certain demands are met.” It took a matter of hours for the queen to respond with unconditional surrender.
The aliens’ demands seemed… benign enough. Massive obelisks the width of pyramids and the height of skyscrapers slowly lowered from orbit and alighted upon the ground in all major cities. Drills and earth-shifting tentacles thrust from beneath the artifices and anchored them to the surrounding geography.
The inhabitants were initially relieved, if cautious of these strange devices in their cities. They may have been forced upon them by alien invaders, and, with their spikes, blades, antennae, their sickly green glowing vents, they were considered eyesores standing next to the white, welcoming marble buildings of the Walgiru. But they didn’t seem to hurt anyone, and the invaders had relented. After some time, the Walgiru breathed a collective sigh of relief.
Then came the heat waves.
Meteorologists were baffled by the strange shift in weather. The winters brought no snow, the clouds brought no rain. Drought covered the planet, and forests and jungles became deserts.
The people began to stay indoors during the day. The sun they had so long joyously worshiped became viewed as a thing of evil. Starvation became rife as hydroponic centers could not feed the world’s entire population.
Riots broke out. Lines were drawn in the sand, dividing the world into territories. What few freshwater reserves were brutally fought over. The Walgiru, who had known peace for millennia, were thrust into chaos and war overnight. The loving, benevolent people became hateful and monstrous.
It was too late when the queen’s scientists understood what had happened. The obelisks had somehow disrupted gravity. The sun wasn’t burning hotter. The planet was drifting closer and closer to the raging star.
When they tried to destroy the obelisks, powerful forcefields protected the structures from explosions and energy beams. Automated defenses sent out waves of lethal darkness that leveled the land and killed everything in it for miles. The obelisks stood alone in glass deserts in the middle of once-great cities.
But there were stranger forces at work in the obelisks. The scientists could not explain it, but they were drawing… something… into themselves. The sickly green glow became all the more powerful as the planet slowly, agonizingly withered.
Within months, the planet was devoid of all life. The obelisks released their anchors, and quietly floated back up into the sky.

Back in Commorragh, Lady Vivyrus was heralded as a genius for her work. However, she was in no way too proud to give credit to her favoured Haemonculus. Radian Yrreth received much praise for his design of the pain-harvesting mechanisms of the obelisks. They had harvested the psychic resonance of all the suffering of the dying world, and stored it for later use.
In a rare display of generosity, the pain of one whole obelisk was released in U’Tradioth, enrapturing the whole population for months. Since the occasion, Lady Vivyrus’ popularity in the district has yet to wane.

Back to top Go down
Ianuchu
Hellion
Ianuchu

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 16:49

Lol, Tiny empire got pwned!

Nice evil deed Dragon, simple, yet sinister. Twisted Evil

Perhaps the next story could involve some massive battles and raging war with one of the greater empires.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 19:20

The story about her father was amazing, blasting the Archon right before the stirke and just telling the Pirate to go was just such an epic image I pictured when reading it.

As for the Lady Archon, she sounds like such a badass character and would love to see your model for her. The idea of her weapon "Daddy" is really, really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved   The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of the Bliss Bereaved
Page 1 of 1