THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts Empty
PostSubject: Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts   Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2016, 04:53

My plan here is quite straight forward:

Throw all my dice at Aethermancy and try get the warp tunnel psyker ability, then use it to secure a turn one charge with Grotesques. If I don't get the ability, I can always resort to simply throwing Grotesques in Raiders down the enemy's throat, which as it turns out is a legitimate strategy on it's own, until the rest of the Corsairs show up.

Grotesquerie - 505 pts.

80pts - Haemonculus with Scizzorhand.
160pts - 3 Grots with a Raider.
265pts - 5 Grots, one upgraded to an Aberration, Agoniser, Raider.

Eldar Corsairs 995 pts.

Command Crew - 130pts

130pts - Prince, Shadowfield, Void Sabre, Mastery level 1.

Hate Bringers Coterie - 240pts

105pts - Void Dreamer, Mastery level 3, Shimmershield.
75pts - 3 Cloud Dancers, 3 Splinter Cannons,
80pts - Hornet with 2 Pulse Lasers

Sky Burners Coterie - 605pts

65pts- Baron, Jump pack, Shimmershield, Mastery Level 1.
200pts - 10 Corsair Reavers, Jump Packs, 4 Fusion Guns, Void Enhanced Armour.
95pts - 5 Corsair Reavers, Jump Packs, 2 Fusion Guns.
85pts - 5 Corsair Reavers, Jump Packs, 2 Flamers.

Provided I do get warp tunnel, I'll start with the Prince, Dreamer and 5 Grots on foot in a unit, ready to fly their way across the board for a turn 1 charge. The 5++ save for the Grotesques should go a long way towards making an already tough unit even harder to kill.

The presence of the turn 1/2 Grotesque threat should ensure that they eat most incoming fire and attention, so most of the Corsair units should survive more than they would on their own in most cases.

The bigger unit of 10 Reavers will be accompanied by the Baron. They're quite expensive, but with all their rules and movement, the only thing I'm worried about are heavy flamers, and even then their 5++ kicks in to help them out.

The thing I'm least sure about, is which path for the Prince to take...

- Reaper of the Outer Dark could be helpful for getting more out of the Reavers once they show up.
- I'm also attracted to Wielder of Profane Powers purely for the extra Mastery Level as I desperately want to afford warp tunnel if I do get it. As I understand it, he only has to start casting Malefic spells every turn, if he gets Perils, right? If that is indeed the case, I don't really care so long as I'm getting the free warp charge.
- Another option is save 20pts somewhere, become Harrison Ford, and grab a Shard of Anaris instead of the Void Sabre to give his unit automatic Fearless.

C & C most welcome!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts   Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2016, 05:47

If you take the path that gives him the webway key generator, you can plop one down in the enemy deployment zone before you charge and guarantee no scatters on you reserves coming into that portal.

Plus you could do the same in your own deployment zone if you threw a key generator on the baron, so that units could pop into and out of reserves at different spots on the board.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts   Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2016, 05:59

That's also a valid option. Not worried about the deep striking; Skyburners is usually good enough for accuracy, with 1D6 scatter, plus Reckless Abandon and Jump Pack movement, but I really like the idea of putting weakened units back into reserves though.

Is it worth 25pts, or 50 pts though? That's the part I'm not quite so sure, yet. Have you had much experience using key generators?

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts   Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2016, 15:02

I haven't, but I've seriously been considering trying an army that runs 3-4 of them, putting portals on all the objectives so that I can just focus my forces where the opponent is strongest, then jump into a portal only to pop out the next turn wherever I need to secure for objectives.

Because ongoing reserves guarantees you come back on the next turn, in a shooty army, hopping off the table to come back on and secure an objective the following round is a pretty decent strategy.

That said, if you have too few of them and a savvy opponent, they could surround your portal with troops so that you can't use it without coming within an inch of their model.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts   Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15 2016, 23:15

Yeah that definitely seems like an idea worth checking out. Mobility wins Maelstrom, and this combo'd with RA and Thrust moves seems like a great way to get about and take objectives/reach enemy units all games long.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts   Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16 2016, 02:52

Yeah. Would just have to handle your list like a hockey team. Keep swapping out Squad A and Squad B in alternating turns.

If you planned to always have 1/3 of your force in reserve, you could basically concentrate your entire force wherever your enemy was strongest. I need to play with some listbuilding a bit on it and see how valid it'd be as a strategy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts   Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grots & Corsairs 1500 pts
Page 1 of 1