THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsair bale strike band interrogation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CanadianMecha
Hellion
CanadianMecha

Corsair bale strike band interrogation Empty
PostSubject: Corsair bale strike band interrogation   Corsair bale strike band interrogation I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17 2016, 06:07

So I was reading about corsair units and strategy on 1d4chan.org
and I read about giving bale strike band the jet back upgrade so they can be more mobile
AND get relentless but I cannot find that rule anywhere inside...

So I would appreciate some clarifications

thank you all in advance
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Corsair bale strike band interrogation   Corsair bale strike band interrogation I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17 2016, 07:44

The description of Jet Pack units in the 7th ed rules :

"Jet Pack units have the Bulky, Deep Strike and Relentless special rules"

So yeah, Balestrikes with Jet Packs are everything Scourges wish they were.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
CanadianMecha
Hellion
CanadianMecha

PostSubject: Re: Corsair bale strike band interrogation   Corsair bale strike band interrogation I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17 2016, 16:34

Corsair are pretty much what we wish dark eldar were :/... should have look inside the rule book before asking Razz

Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Corsair bale strike band interrogation   Corsair bale strike band interrogation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2016, 05:41

In addition to what Hydranixx mentioned:

Jet packs also grant a 2d6 movement in the assault phase if you aren't assaulting (like a jet bike).  This allows for what is commonly referred to as a JSJ or Jump, shoot, jump maneuver.  As the name implies, units with jet packs can move over sight blocking terrain or cover to fire - then (usually) move back before the enemy has a chance to respond.

Additionally jet packs adds 6" to the reckless abandon move.  With this bonus, any corsair infantry becomes Extremely difficult to successfully charge because they get to move 6+d6" immediately after firing overwatch.

All this, relentless, and an improved armor save for 5 points makes the jet pack pretty much standard equipment for balestrikes.
Back to top Go down
CanadianMecha
Hellion
CanadianMecha

PostSubject: Re: Corsair bale strike band interrogation   Corsair bale strike band interrogation I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18 2016, 12:33

sweeeeet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsair bale strike band interrogation   Corsair bale strike band interrogation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsair bale strike band interrogation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: